Flushing toilets?

214fingerman214

Ok, im a newbie and this might be a dumb question. But im going to ask anyway... lol. ive lived in dorm type of facilities, and we always had a courtesy flush rule. Ive seen on youtube videos touring the cabins and theres a sign over toilet that says something like close lid before flushing. .!!!!! So does this mean No courtflushes, will someone get sucked in some how...

The flushing system operates by vacuum, similar to aircraft systems.

Sometimes the button's located behind the lid so you have to close the lid in order to push the button, but it's always recommended to close the lid before flushing.

This is because several small children are lost on every cruise, when they fail to close the lid & get sucked into the system :D

JB :)

Whether on a ship or in your home, the lid should always be closed! When you flush, a "mist" of toilet water is expelled from the toilet.....closing the lid keeps that to a minimum! If your toilet is near your sink (or toothbrush), everything gets covered in that mist!

Close the lid!

the flushing system operates by vacuum, similar to aircraft systems.

Sometimes the button's located behind the lid so you have to close the lid in order to push the button, but it's always recommended to close the lid before flushing.

This is because several small children are lost on every cruise, when they fail to close the lid & get sucked into the system :d

jb :)

lol :d

The flushing system operates by vacuum, similar to aircraft systems.

This is because several small children are lost on every cruise, when they fail to close the lid & get sucked into the system :D

JB :)

HEY! I had a drink in my mouth when I read this. Not nice!

LOL no. but in many ones the flush is behind the seat cover anyway. They use air pressure just like on airplanes. No one would get sucked in but its best to close them anyway(It has to do with spray)...
Onboard comedians often have a joke involving someone getting sucked in and stuck to the seat. It involves a hat... :D

Onboard comedians often have a joke involving someone getting sucked in and stuck to the seat. It involves a hat... :D

yes but its just a joke it never really happens...although when I leave the cabin I sometimes put a small green leprechaun hat in the john just for laughs...

What in the world is a courtesy flush? :confused:

It's when you're "downloading" and you flush away the evidence midway through the download process so as to offend others with any "objectionable odors."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Archived