Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglades- Hotel Recommendations

Mypascalina

My recommendation would be the Renaissance on 17th St. There are restaurants within walking distance and there is a Walgreens right across the street for those little forgotten items or when you get a munchies attack in the evening. Plus it's close to the pier(s). This is where I usually stay when I'm leaving from or coming into FLL.

My recommendation would be the Renaissance on 17th St. There are restaurants within walking distance and there is a Walgreens right across the street for those little forgotten items or when you get a munchies attack in the evening. Plus it's close to the pier(s). This is where I usually stay when I'm leaving from or coming into FLL.

Agree - I work for Marriott and stay here a lot when down there for business. If I ever cruise out of FLL I'll stay here for sure. Good hotel and you are very close to the cruise terminal. Of course, the A1A action / beach is pretty far if you wanted to add some of that the night before (though you could cab it for about $15-20 each way).

Do take CruiserBruce's advise.

This question easily comes up two to three times a day on the Florida Departures Board.

Since I am here I will say that on that board I often do recommend the Embassy Suites.

It's convenient to port, and airport and other nearby restaurants and has a very nice buffet breakfast.

Keith

We have stayed many times at the Embassy Suites. Full breakfast included. Managers cocktail party each evening.

It is right in front of the Harbor shops -- restaurants, stores and a grocery store for anything you may have forgotten.

There are also 2 other small strip malls right there as well as other restaurants.

Embassy Suites also has the E-Spot restaurant.

I love sailing out of Port Everglades. It is so easy! As others have said, you will find many discussions on the Florida departure boards. It's a great place to find out different experiences with hotels in the area. It really depends on what you need or want. For several years we stayed at Hyatt House ( formerly Summerfield Suites) in Dania. It is a clean modern place with kitchens and a small seating area. They have different sized units, so if you have several people in your party they can accommodate you. They offer a complimentary airport shuttle, and area shuttle for 5 mile radius during the week. They have a complimentary breakfast which is ok, and a social hour in the week night evenings with complimentary drinks and light snacks. pp shuttle to pier is about $8pp I think There is a shopping area a short walk away but across a busy highway:eek:( I have short legs and don't walk very fast). Many restaurants to choose from, some shopping and a movie theater.

Most recently we stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th street. It has a nicer breakfast and a social hour which we did not take part in. It's a little more worn, but still fine. A little pricey, but the close proximity to restaurants and shopping were the selling point for me. They also have different sized units. No complimentary shuttles but a cab ride is pretty cheap to hotel and to pier.

Take a look at Priceline with your requirements and it will give you an idea of some of the available hotels with your specifications.

Embassy suites is a good choice. But If you have never been to ft. Lauderdale, I would recommend something along the beach. We often stay at Bahia mar. Within walking distance of the beach and lots of restaurants. Easy to get a taxi to the port. Don't eat at the hotel, there is a very nice deli next door that is great for breakfast.

Even though you are not far from the port, allow an hour to get there. Traffic can be terrible on those days when there are several ships in port.

We have stayed at the Renaissance on 17th at least five times and love it. Large, clean, quiet rooms and you can't be closer to P.E. Less than a $10 cab ride to P.E., across the street from Walgreens, across the parking lot from Bravos Ristoranti and Bimini Boat Yard (not our fave), on the Sun Trolley route and you can walk to the water taxi.

Archived