Afternoon tea

nmg85

We are new to royal but have sailed on other lines such as x. What does the afternoon tea consist of? On the x they have some lovely honey scones is there anything like this on royal? Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Royal does not have afternoon tea like Celebrity. There are all kinds of snacks available in the WJ. If your ship has a Cafe Promanade, you will find small sandwiches and pastries there as well.

They list it in the compass as "afternoon tea" but it is far from being one.

The only tea bags I have ever seen are the ones near the coffee. I think I have only seen scones once on one of their ships. No clotted cream or jam was around - more like one you'd see in Starbucks. No small sandwiches in the windjammer.

Its basically something small to eat between lunch and dinner. I have seen nachos, fries, there is usually a salad bar with deli meats and cheese, etc.

We are new to royal but have sailed on other lines such as x. What does the afternoon tea consist of? On the x they have some lovely honey scones is there anything like this on royal? Thanks

Afternoon tea or afternoon snacks as they sometimes call it does have scones but they aren't very good. They had an apricot scone that had two tiny pieces of fruit in a very dry, biscuit type thing. The "cheese scone", something I have never heard of before, was a very dry, biscuit like thing with cheese on top.

They do have some nice cobblers and bread pudding with a vanilla sauce. There are also make your own nachos and tacos, burgers and hot dogs, deli sandwiches and a salad bar.

It is nice for a late lunch or a snack after getting back from a day in port.

Guest maddycat
Afternoon tea or afternoon snacks as they sometimes call it does have scones but they aren't very good. They had an apricot scone that had two tiny pieces of fruit in a very dry, biscuit type thing. The "cheese scone", something I have never heard of before, was a very dry, biscuit like thing with cheese on top.

They do have some nice cobblers and bread pudding with a vanilla sauce. There are also make your own nachos and tacos, burgers and hot dogs, deli sandwiches and a salad bar.

It is nice for a late lunch or a snack after getting back from a day in port.

On the RCI ships that I've sailed on, the afternoon snacks are served in the Windjammer from 3 - 5 pm. Besides the items that are listed above, there is also a dessert area with cakes, tarts, cookies, jello, pudding and fresh fruit.

I like the scones. I think that they are good when eaten with the whipped cream and fruit sauce that is also available.

On the RCI ships that I've sailed on, the afternoon snacks are served in the Windjammer from 3 - 5 pm. Besides the items that are listed above, there is also a dessert area with cakes, tarts, cookies, jello, pudding and fresh fruit.

I like the scones. I think that they are good when eaten with the whipped cream and fruit sauce that is also available.

I usually head to the WJ and pick up some scones and jam and cream and as I bring my own tea bags I am set for my own AT. :)

On the Sept 15th sailing on Freedom we had afternoon tea served in the dining room one afternoon but it was by invitation only and restricted to UK passengers only. It was a very nice tea with sandwiches scones pasties and cake and the tea was English Tetley tea.

Regrettably, you may wish to bring your own tea(bags). RCI made a switch to some organic brand that is rather poor, in my opinion. If you search for other threads about tea/teabags on the RCI boards, you will find additional discussion of this. When we were on Adventure this past January, they were in a transition and had an odd assortment of the old and new teabags.

In any case, enjoy Adventure--she is my favorite ship so far! Also, there are cookies and pastries available in the Promenade Café free of charge, sometimes including scones.

Princess has daily afternoon tea in one of the main dining rooms. It is usually 3:30-4:30 and draws a crowd. Servers with white gloves and delicious little sandwiches, scones with cream/jam, pastries and cookies.

Sali

Archived