Are Mini-newspapers still available?

KruzinAl

I know that Royal Caribbean has stopped printing the newspapers on board.\

Do you know if Celebrity and in particular the Reflection still has these little papers, I think by the purser's desk?

Puzzles I think are usually in the library?

thanks

Sailing Reflection Nov 1

Al

I know that Royal Caribbean has stopped printing the newspapers on board.\

Do you know if Celebrity and in particular the Reflection still has these little papers, I think by the purser's desk?

Puzzles I think are usually in the library?

thanks

Sailing Reflection Nov 1

Al

Yes, at Guest Relations. They no longer have a purser's desk.

It would be great if they posted them on the cabin television instead of wasting paper. Personally I like a paper edition versus electronic but it would be more environmental and a cost saving to Celebrity.

Good suggestion but not everyone wants to stay in the cabin looking at the tv to find out what's going on in the world. Much prefer to grab a paper and enjoy it on the pool deck. We bring home all our cruise "papers" and then include them with our paper recycling.

It would be great if they posted them on the cabin television instead of wasting paper. Personally I like a paper edition versus electronic but it would be more environmental and a cost saving to Celebrity.

No, it would not be great. It is nice hold a paper and reading it when you want and where you want. We go on a cruise to get away from television.

For the environment: they should have a second free wifi which allows access only to things like celebrity today, newspapers, menus etc.

Hosting it on the ship of course (Intranet) to safe bandwith (for Internet).

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No, it would not be great. It is nice hold a paper and reading it when you want and where you want. We go on a cruise to get away from television.

Except when you can't read it when and where you want, because they've either run out, or not printed them, so it would be great to have them reliably available online.

Last cruise was a shambles in that regard and only saw the news about half the days of the cruise.

Best thing to do if you want to read the daily newspaper that is printed on board, just ask Guest Relations to have it delivered to your stateroom each day during the cruise. They keep a list, along with your room # and language requested, and the paper will be delivered to your room each day. It works very well!

They do run out of certain languages each day, so this is the best way to be guaranteed receiving a copy. They even have a Canadian edition. Eh? ;)

Always pick up the paper. Don't want to be tied down in the cabin looking at the TV to see or read the news. It is nice to have something to read while waitng for the shows, having coffee in the coffee shop and etc. It is also interesting to read about the same thing from a different countries news source so we always pick up the USA, Canadian and Britian papers.

Best thing to do if you want to read the daily newspaper that is printed on board, just ask Guest Relations to have it delivered to your stateroom each day during the cruise. They keep a list, along with your room # and language requested, and the paper will be delivered to your room each day. It works very well!

They do have that service, but although we were registered had the same issue with it as above - as mentioned, were only able to get deliveries about half the days. (The room attendant forgot/didn't get the message a couple of times, and then there were print distribution issues as well.)

They do run out of certain languages each day, so this is the best way to be guaranteed receiving a copy. They even have a Canadian edition. Eh? ;)

Wow, they have this service ? Great! (only issue is I would take more then one version :o)

Archived