Return from Summit

OhioDogLover

I will post a review (I hope) later. However, we just got back yesterday after 14 days on the Summit. They had the noro under control. The staff worked hard cleaning and kept precautions in effect to one extent or another for almost the entire cruise. We also boarded at about 4:00.

To say we had a fabulous time is an understatement. It was a great cruise. The ports were a lot of fun. We really enjoyed them and the weather was quite good given the time of year. As an experiment, we tried Aqua class and it was great. The food and service in Blu were wonderful. So was Qsine, in which we ate twice. We hadn't cruised Celebrity in a couple of years and not on Summit, so this was a different experience for us.

While there were some things that we really missed and wished we had - menus on bar tables, salt and pepper, I would sacrifice those for not having everyone sick.

We would happily cruise Summit again.

I hope that the cruise that left yesterday also has a great time.

Ohiodoglover

Spouse of OhioDogLover here. We were in 9045--also port side, but further forward. We loved the cabin-- just one deck below coffee. Cabins are not huge, but the sofa is great, and we found ourselves using the cabin more than on past cruises. Balcony is completely covered, which is nice. You'll be a little more centrally located, which is convenient. We'll be in similar spot on Deck 11 of Equinox in August.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are also on the Summit 2/1. It's been six years since we've been on the Summit when we went to Alaska. Looking forward to another great vacation. Will be looking for your review.

It's port intensive and we love starting out of San Juan as we have been there twice renting a condo in Farjado and then a house in Humacao . We also stopped on our cruise on the Liberty in 2010 and I guess that's what got us started on Puerto Rico !

I've recently sailed Summit and always enjoy AquaClass/Blu but am very eager to read your further comments about the itinerary and ports... I'm on the 5 October sailing to New England/Canada next year and can't wait!

Thanks!

I've recently sailed Summit and always enjoy AquaClass/Blu but am very eager to read your further comments about the itinerary and ports... I'm on the 5 October sailing to New England/Canada next year and can't wait!

Thanks!

The October 5th sailing was perfect. We had excellent weather and timed it just perfectly for the leaves changing colors. I can't believe how many pictures I took with reds, oranges, yellows..... Of course living in Phoenix Arizona we do not get to experience much of a fall color change.

We were in the Penthouse and our friends were in Aqua Class. We ALWAYS ate in Blu. The Matre De, Luigi is the best host ever and we were served by Reynaldo and his assistant Gana. We could not have hoped for better food or service. Sorry you have to wait a year for this cruise, but it will be well worth the wait !!

We too returned yesterday .The cruise was great ,the CD was phenomenal .The ships singers ,specifically Glenn were excellent .

Our cabin steward and his assistant were very proficient .

The food was very good although portions tended to be small especially breakfast (mdr) .

The ports were wonderful .People in Portland and Halifax went out of their way to assist us.

Hi Xport. We will be with you next Oct on the Summit. We sailed to Bermuda this past July on the Summit and had a great time. Food/Crew/Entertainment all excellent as usual. Are you on the roll call? Look forward to meeting you.

marlene and don (from Connecticut)

Hi Xport. We will be with you next Oct on the Summit. We sailed to Bermuda this past July on the Summit and had a great time. Food/Crew/Entertainment all excellent as usual. Are you on the roll call? Look forward to meeting you.

But with this trip a year away and a longer earlier trip coming up that I'm in the midst of planning, haven't checked in there in some time... Need to do so...

I also was aboard Summit to Bermuda in July--specifically from the 21st through the 28th--and wonder if we might have met then!

Looking forward to meeting you and to sharing this adventure too! Am so pleased to read that--at least this year--the early October date enjoyed great weather and fall foliage; I'd debated--for just a moment or two--as to which of the three sailings to select...

Funny the reports on the foliage. I'm from NJ, and found the foliage here better when I got home yesterday, than any port on the cruise lol. I guess it's all a matter of what you're used to. :-) We were definitely blessed weather wise, aside from a few rocky nights at sea and a bit of rain in portland and quebec, it was better than I expected considering the time of year temperature wise.

Nice to hear we will be on the Summit feb 01 how did you enjoy AquaClass cabins. We will be in. 9137 which cabin did you stay in ?

Terribly off-topic but we will be in 9116 which is the cabin directly across the hall from 9137 .

We will be on the "Connie" and have been reading all the reviews we can looking for noise issues.

Our TA steered us away from forward AQ cabins for this reason. I'm glad it wasn't an issue for you OP.:)

When we sailed Summit this March, they had a failed (but undisclosed :mad:) cleanliness score.

No noro then but they seemed VERY clean obsessed. We got menus and salt and pepper shakers though.

Richstowe: we r really looking forward to the cruise. We have been searching for info on this cabin re noise ole from above etc but can't find anything. Did you sign up for meet and greet ; we did but have never been to one b 4

We stayed in 9137 on summit last year. It was nice. only couple times we heard a chair move above. room was in good shape and balcony was in between supports so good view. Only problem we did have was toilet stopped working till they fixed one morning other than that it was great cabin. We are on summit again this year on same cruise as you. See you on ship maybe.

Archived