Ship choice

Smilie

We have never sailed on Princess before, but it seems like they are a good choice for Alaska. My question is, is any ship 'better' than another? For the Voyage of the Glaciers, Crown, Coral and Island Princess are all the same price. Decisions, decisions! Any help is appreciated!

We have never sailed on Princess before, but it seems like they are a good choice for Alaska. My question is, is any ship 'better' than another? For the Voyage of the Glaciers, Crown, Coral and Island Princess are all the same price. Decisions, decisions! Any help is appreciated!

We recently completed our first Princess cruise and loved it. We had an aft suite and would do that again in a heartbeat. In fact, we booked an aft suite on Pacific Princess (680 passengers) for Alaska next May while onboard. Just can't beat those forward cruise credits.:D

CORAL. The Coral and Island are sister ships with approx. 2,000 passengers and lots of public space. Both have indoor pools. However, during a recent dry dock the Coral had the International Cafe ( a really nice free dining/ sitting area) added on deck 6 and had the Horizon Ct. Buffet redone with improved service areas and more seating.

The Crown is a nice ship, but has no indoor pool and has about 3,100 passengers.

Crown Princess has also never been to Alaska, so we don't know what the experience will be like on board with 3100 passengers and LOTS of outside deck space that it may be too cold to use.

Island and Coral are brilliant, low passenger density ships...I'd definitely choose one of them.

Crown Princess has also never been to Alaska, so we don't know what the experience will be like on board with 3100 passengers and LOTS of outside deck space that it may be too cold to use.

Island and Coral are brilliant, low passenger density ships...I'd definitely choose one of them.

Celebrity sent their large Solstice to Alaska for the first time this year, and they had a terrible time because they couldn't dock at one port and had to tender. Alaska is better on a smaller ship.

My DW and I have sailed on four of the PCL ships in Alaska. Our favorite is the Island (Coral is sister ship). We like her due to her size, 1960 passengers. We have been on her four times since 2008.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Celebrity sent their large Solstice to Alaska for the first time this year, and they had a terrible time because they couldn't dock at one port and had to tender. Alaska is better on a smaller ship.
We were in Alaska in 2012 and in Juneau the Celebrity ship anchored and tendered in. The ship didn't look any larger than the Golden or the two HAL ships and there was open dock space. I thought that was very strange.

Archived