What and where is the Hideaway on Reflection?

jasm8449

It's a small area on deck 7 with some chairs and tables, and often a coffee station. On some cruises it becomes a teen-age hangout. On others it's empty. Do a search of this board and you can find a photograph of some of the ball-shaped chairs there. Just a relatively quiet spot for reading most of the time.

Cruise stitch has summed up the hideaway exactly except for the fact on our 11day cruise we never once saw it without at least 20 teenagers. You get a really good view of it from the lifts.

I think Celebrity ought to have an age limit on this room as the teenager in our party said the area put aside for them on deck 15 was mostly empty. We worry about behaviour when even sensible teenagers are present in 'packs'.

It is a nice are but the kids can have it, as long as they are there they are no where else and they have to be somewhere. There are much nicer areas to relax. I feel that when on a ship, have a balcony and etc I want to enjoy the ocean view, fresh sea breeze, sun, stars, sky and etc so it doesn't make any sense to just hang out in a area without a view.

.🎃

On our one Silhouette cruise we found the Hideaway noisy as you could hear the music they played in the atrium all they way up through the ship.

I needed a quiet place to take a call from my son one day and tried to go there, but it was to loud.

Not sure how anyone could read or concentrate on anything for that matter with the loud music playing.

Yes, deck 8 on Reflection. Thanks for the correction.

on reflection it is on deck8.

Actually, you are both correct. Both decks 7 and 8 are part of the Hideway, with deck 8 being a balcony like arrangement that overlooks deck 7.

Celebrity-Silhouette-Hamburg-Germany-2011-35.jpg

Thanks, everyone! A picture is worth a thousand words. I'll be sure to check it out on our March 1 cruise. On other s class ships I've also found Al Bacio a quiet and relaxing place to enjoy a cappucino and read.

I found the coffee from the self service station in the Hideaway a lot better than the stuff served in the buffet.

I liked it better also. It was just a 2 minute walk from my state room when I cruised on the Reflection early October.

Only wished they set it up at 6am rather then 8am.

• 3 years later...

It is... but there will be a steady stream of passengers getting coffee there. I don't know what time the coffee setup begins. It seems to change day to day. Not especially early, though. I'm an early rise and often had to go to the buffet.

• 4 years later...
40 minutes ago, jelayne said:

It has been empty most of the time I gone up or down the elevator except for a occasional person grabbinIg a coffee.   No teens sighted in there.

It was a hangout for teens on our cruise. I would not say it was a good choice for a place to relax and read.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

You won’t find many teens on a cruise until spring break

We experience them every  February during school Winter break.  One coming up starting next week for the Northeast.