Mistake made by RCCl rep who reserved wrong Labadee Cabana before Oct 4th deadline.

Disclaimer:

I have copied and pasted this post from the "Private Islands" forum. Hoping that there is more activity on this board. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

On July 23, 2013 I called and asked to reserve an OVER THE WATER Nellies Beach Cabana. Very friendly RCCL person, (who seemed to know what she was talking about) described the options and I specifically said that I wanted cabana to be OTW and not back on the beach. My mistake was that I ASSUMED she had done so correctly.

Now with all the controversy of Nellies Cabana folks not getting the upgraded buffet at Barefoot, I decided I, too, would email shorex and get that email stating I had reserved PRIOR to Oct 4 2013. When I looked online to see when I exactly had reserved the OTW Cabana, so as to include the date in that email to shorex, I discovered that RCCL rep had reserved me the BEACH Cabana NOT the OTW Cabana I had specifically requested on July 23, 2013! Ugh!

RCCL says, in a phone call today, that they have only 1 OTW Cabana open for my sail date BUT if I want that now (in effect correcting THEIR mistake), it would post as todays date ( NO upgraded buffet) and NOT the original date PRIOR to Oct 4th giving us the upgraded buffet.

Sigh.

Bottom line is that I have to order another cabana, pay for OTW, and take print out of BOTH EMAIL CONFIRMATIONS of order dates and hope that the ship will honor the July 23 date on the new OTW reservation. She said that I should then CANCEL THE BEACH Cabana then. She will be notating my account, but CAN'T send me an email clarifying the facts.

My concern is that 1st email states I have to cancel by Dec 9th, 2013 which is 5 days prior to sailing. She says that doesn't matter- I will be able to cancel.

Can I trust this cancellation response and not get stuck with 2 charges?

Opinions as to whether Grandeur of the Seas will honor the grandfathered July 23rd date for upgraded buffet?

Thanks for reading :)

Nothing a phone rep says for any company carries any weight or significance.

In this instance I'd say "Cancel everything". There is another buffet, there is plenty of shade, or eat on the ship. I'd rather not give RCI the money AND deal with the headache. I'd be content without the expenditure or the cabana.

Disclaimer:

I have copied and pasted this post from the "Private Islands" forum. Hoping that there is more activity on this board. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Well no wonder you didn't get any replies! :rolleyes: You didn't add it to the Labadee/Buffet thread that is already there. :D So most of us never saw it. If you'd added it on the main one....we would love to yack about it some more.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1924664

Although I don't know if any of us can guess how it will work out. I would bring both documents and present your paperwork to Shore Excursions, Guest Relations and a concierge if you have access to one.

You can probably show them that you just MOVED to an OTW one. Best of luck! :)

In this instance I'd say "Cancel everything". There is another buffet, there is plenty of shade, or eat on the ship. I'd rather not give RCI the money AND deal with the headache. I'd be content without the expenditure or the cabana.

Agreed! One of the reasons we love Labadee is because it's a great stop where you don't have to spend a penny! We have no problem finding loungers off on their own, in the shade, on the lovely beach.

As for the buffet, eh, we have a big breakfast, maybe snack a little at the buffet, and then back on the ship for more snacks and a huge dinner.

I can't imagine spending $$$ on a cabana, unless maybe if I had small kids who needed a spot to nap, or I was sharing it with a big group of people.

Hope it works out for you either way!

Disclaimer:

On July 23, 2013 I called and asked to reserve an OVER THE WATER Nellies Beach Cabana. Very friendly RCCL person, (who seemed to know what she was talking about) described the options and I specifically said that I wanted cabana to be OTW and not back on the beach. My mistake was that I ASSUMED she had done so correctly.

Now with all the controversy of Nellies Cabana folks not getting the upgraded buffet at Barefoot, I decided I, too, would email shorex and get that email stating I had reserved PRIOR to Oct 4 2013. When I looked online to see when I exactly had reserved the OTW Cabana, so as to include the date in that email to shorex, I discovered that RCCL rep had reserved me the BEACH Cabana NOT the OTW Cabana I had specifically requested on July 23, 2013! Ugh!

RCCL says, in a phone call today, that they have only 1 OTW Cabana open for my sail date BUT if I want that now (in effect correcting THEIR mistake), it would post as todays date ( NO upgraded buffet) and NOT the original date PRIOR to Oct 4th giving us the upgraded buffet.

Sigh.

Bottom line is that I have to order another cabana, pay for OTW, and take print out of BOTH EMAIL CONFIRMATIONS of order dates and hope that the ship will honor the July 23 date on the new OTW reservation. She said that I should then CANCEL THE BEACH Cabana then. She will be notating my account, but CAN'T send me an email clarifying the facts.

My concern is that 1st email states I have to cancel by Dec 9th, 2013 which is 5 days prior to sailing. She says that doesn't matter- I will be able to cancel.

Can I trust this cancellation response and not get stuck with 2 charges?

Opinions as to whether Grandeur of the Seas will honor the grandfathered July 23rd date for upgraded buffet?

Thanks for reading :)

Hi Eileen

Don't want to highjack this thread but wanted to say hi. I worked at the GVH Harleysville site in the lab. It's been a few yrs. since I saw you. Hope all is well.

Nothing a phone rep says for any company carries any weight or significance.

You can save a lot of money and find a nice spot with beach chairs and rent floating mats. I have to honestly say that we don't eat lunch out on Labadee and we usually go off the ship for a few hours and then go back and have lunch on the ship. You can buy a lot of drinks with the money.

You can save a lot of money and find a nice spot with beach chairs and rent floating mats. I have to honestly say that we don't eat lunch out on Labadee and we usually go off the ship for a few hours and then go back and have lunch on the ship. You can buy a lot of drinks with the money.

We've visited Labadee with and without the cabana. For us, there is nothing not to love about having a cabana. We are shelling out again :)

Teddie

Hi Eileen

Don't want to highjack this thread but wanted to say hi. I worked at the GVH Harleysville site in the lab. It's been a few yrs. since I saw you. Hope all is well.

Oh Hi Judi! I couldn't remember you screen name here. Good to hear from you! Do you have any thoughts on Labadee?

Just go up to the buffet and enjoy. Since the agent made the wrong booking and won't back date it it's their responsibility. Act like you did not know what happened and say that the agent said you can have the buffet.

Don't take no for an answer. You are entitled to the upgraded buffet so you are not depriving them of anything. Just show up and eat.

If people question you then tell them what happened backed up with the confirmation page.

In fact have the Royal Caribbean agent call up to the company and owe up to his/her mistake and have Royal pay the difference.

Your the customer and are owed the Over The Water Cabana and Upgraded Buffet. You booked in good faith and thought all is well.

Oh Hi Judi! I couldn't remember you screen name here. Good to hear from you! Do you have any thoughts on Labadee?

We have been there quite a few times, but we never use the beaches. Sorry I can give you any advice. We just walk around then go back to the ship.

Corlalc: is that you Patti ?

It is me Alan! How have you been? We are sailing with Shane & Jason again in December. I will have to see if I have your email. :D:):D

~Patti :)

And just to keep on topic...we are sharing an OTW cabana on Labadee with the upgraded buffet. ;)

Just go up to the buffet and enjoy. Since the agent made the wrong booking and won't back date it it's their responsibility. Act like you did not know what happened and say that the agent said you can have the buffet.

Don't take no for an answer. You are entitled to the upgraded buffet so you are not depriving them of anything. Just show up and eat.

If people question you then tell them what happened backed up with the confirmation page.

In fact have the Royal Caribbean agent call up to the company and owe up to his/her mistake and have Royal pay the difference.

Your the customer and are owed the Over The Water Cabana and Upgraded Buffet. You booked in good faith and thought all is well.

...Looking for the LIKE button......! thanks!

Update:

RCCL has verified, via email, that we will have an Over the Water Nellies Beach Cabana with the upgraded Buffet!! Yea!!

They graciously apologized for their original mistake and corrected the date problem. Also, an email will be sent to Grandeur's shore excursion desk to clarify the arrangement. (I'll still print my email out :) ) Kudos to RCCL.

Thanks for your help and opinions.

To me, the upgraded buffet is not worth getting excited about.

The upgraded buffet was THE MAIN reason we booked a Cabana again. ;)

Here's why:

We went for lunch at 1 PM. There was no line, and only one other table occupied.

It was quiet, and there were ZERO flies and bees (unlike the regular buffet area which we've been to on 2 other occasions).

My DW had THE BEST STEAK of the cruise. When she looked at the tray with the steaks it was obvious they had been sitting a while.

The cook offered to BBQ her one they way she liked - Rare.

She loved it, and said it was the best steak she had all week.

Even though there were shrimp skewers in the tray, he also offered to BBQ some for me.

I said sure, and he threw 6 shrimp skewers on the Q and they were delicious.

Right beside the serving area was a small cart with ice cold beers.

Flashed my card, grabbed a couple and sat down to HOT steak and shrimp, and ice cold beers, devoid of crowds of people and flies.

:D Couldn't get any better than that.

Update:

RCCL has verified, via email, that we will have an Over the Water Nellies Beach Cabana with the upgraded Buffet!! Yea!!

They graciously apologized for their original mistake and corrected the date problem. Also, an email will be sent to Grandeur's shore excursion desk to clarify the arrangement. (I'll still print my email out ) Kudos to RCCL.

Thanks for your help and opinions.

Happy to hear!! :)

The upgraded buffet was THE MAIN reason we booked a Cabana again. ;)

Here's why:

We went for lunch at 1 PM. There was no line, and only one other table occupied.

It was quiet, and there were ZERO flies and bees (unlike the regular buffet area which we've been to on 2 other occasions).

My DW had THE BEST STEAK of the cruise.

:)

Ok so you didnt eat at Chops during the cruise. Thanks for the update.

Archived