Allure and propulsion problems.

bilyclub

Why isn't CNN reporting on this as another devastating blow to the cruise industry? :rolleyes:

Because the funnel is not a red and blue whale tail. :o

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Why isn't CNN reporting on this as another devastating blow to the cruise industry? :rolleyes:

I don't think their propaganda department could come up with negative spin on repairs. They can give any positive news on making the ships better and less susceptible to issues at sea!

Maybe a story should read "Cruise ship goes into wet dock for devastating repairs to it propulsion systems caused by..." Nah still would come out a positive and well positive news doesn't sell like the negative news sells.

Edited by archyboy6

Looks like I've confused a few people (as well as myself)

Yes,we sail into Ft Lauderdale. Isn't that in (or near) Miami. I suppose it's a UK/USA thing!

Yes,we sail into Ft Lauderdale. Isn't that in (or near) Miami. I suppose it's a UK/USA thing!

Both locations are in the US. You are all set.:D

I woke up this morning and turned on my webcam feed for fll and allure was not there had to do a little research to figure out how I lost her. She is kinda big to louse. then I found this thread and checked her track found out she is on her way to dry dock for repairs. She had already unloaded people and on her way to Freeport for dry dock. Hope they don't run into problems and is back in fll for next sunday.:eek:

A few UK TAs have it on there websites that our Allure Transatlantic in 2015 will be to Miami rather than to Fort Lauderdale....so you are not the only one confused.

Sort of like saying you'll be docking at Bristol instead of Southampton; they aren't too far apart, but planning for pickup or excursions would be different.

Aloha,

John

Ft. Lauderdale is not Miami, St. Petersburg (or Clearwater for that matter) is not Tampa, Fort Worth is not Dallas.

We have more twin cities in this country than just Minneapolis-St. Paul, and the people who live in the "secondary" city tend to take not knowing the difference as disrespect. :D

Ft. Lauderdale is not Miami, St. Petersburg (or Clearwater for that matter) is not Tampa, Fort Worth is not Dallas.

We have more twin cities in this country than just Minneapolis-St. Paul, and the people who live in the "secondary" city tend to take not knowing the difference as disrespect. :D

Especially the rich. As I was told, the Millionaires play in Miami, but the Billionaires play in FT. Lauderdale. Or something of that Sorts.

is it me or when looking at the Aqua Theater cam, does it look like the ship is moving and I see waves? Maybe I just need more coffee.....

Probably just the weather.

The Daytona 500 was delayed several hours yesterday due to thunderstorms.