Allure and propulsion problems.

bilyclub

By next May 2015 Allure will be going to/in Europe for the summer. Her 5 year maintenance dry dock will be in September 2015 in Rotterdam, Netherlands.

The Allure is doing 7 day Med cruises from Apr 2015 until Oct 2015, then she's going back to Miami (and I'll be on her)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Allure is doing 7 day Med cruises from Apr 2015 until Oct 2015, then she's going back to Miami (and I'll be on her)

I'll be on her too - but she's going back to Fort Lauderdale according to my booking ;)

I'll be on her too - but she's going back to Fort Lauderdale according to my booking ;)

Maybe they are splitting the ship in half during a dry docking?;)

We will be her 2 Mar, looking forward to a clean and fast ship.:eek: I wish the dry dock had a web cam, would be a great show!

She does have a webcam - not sure you'll see much next week http://bookings.royalcaribbean.co.uk/multimedia/webcam/ship.do?shipCode=AL&cameraLocation=%2Fcontent%2Fshared_assets%2Fwebcam%2FAL%2FGallery_3.jpg--Royal+Promenade

I didn't realise there's a difference?

It will be my first visit to the states.

I didn't realise there's a difference?

It will be my first visit to the states.

Oh sorry, you probably got confused because you'll be flying in and out of Miami - no flights direct to Fort Lauderdale from the UK. They're about 30 miles apart.

See you on the cruise :D

so great to see some of the crew actually being able to be on deck during the sailaway! I even saw some crew members taking pictures.. must be kinda neat for them :-)

(ps - she is having maintenance to one of the 3 azipods in Freeport... will be back next weekend)

Why is she going to wet dock? What are they doing? I thought her dry dock wasn't till spring.

Quickie fix of center pod bearing. Abnormal wear has existed since late summer/early fall 2013. This is not noticeable on western itinerary, but causes the ship to have shortened port times on eastern itinerary. This is not the full 5 year drydock/rehab. This is for repair only and the ship will sail out of PE next week with guests (that's the plan). RCI had to wait for parts to fix the issue as well as upgrades made at Freeport that could handle putting Allure into wet dock.

so great to see some of the crew actually being able to be on deck during the sailaway! I even saw some crew members taking pictures.. must be kinda neat for them :-)

(ps - she is having maintenance to one of the 3 azipods in Freeport... will be back next weekend)

I thought the exact same thing! Really fun to watch the crew...I especially liked seeing the chefs in their chef hats on the forward area of the ship!:D