Allure and propulsion problems.

bilyclub

Can someone please refresh my memory here. When is Allure scheduled to go into dry dock? Feb 2014?

I'm not sure the date for the dry dock has been publically announced. Probably sometime in 2015 which would be the year she turns 5 years old.

Why am I under the impression that she won't do a 2015 dry dock because of her Azipod change out this year????:confused:

If they put her in dock to fix the azipod, won't they do the other things that she will need too? :confused:

jc

If I remember correctly, when we were on the Allure, Capt Johnny said the February dry dock was to repair the Azipod, and the ship is still on schedule for the regular dry dock in 2015.

And... the Allure will be leaving on Feb 23rd for the repairs... returning in one week.

Edited by LindaO

Why am I under the impression that she won't do a 2015 dry dock because of her Azipod change out this year????:confused:

If they put her in dock to fix the azipod, won't they do the other things that she will need too? :confused:

jc

The azipod dry dock won't be long enough to do everything they are required to do on the periodic 5 year maintenance.

If I remember correctly, when we were on the Allure, Capt Johnny said the February dry dock was to repair the Azipod, and the ship is still on schedule for the regular dry dock in 2015.

And... the Allure will be leaving on Feb 23rd for the repairs... returning in one week.

That's what I thought, just couldn't remember the date.

The Allure will go in the shipyard for one week next month to repair the azipod that is not working. No other work is planned. The Allure's 5 year maintenance dry docking is still planned for 2015 in Europe.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

jc

The azipod will take one week to repair. One week is no where near long enough to complete all the work required for the 5 year maintenance dry dock.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know that what you are saying is what I believed before my Oasis cruise, but I met an Austrian guy who fell in love with the flowrider, and he wanted to do a TA on a Oasis ship after his back to back cruise on the Oasis. I told him that I figured that the Allure would be doing a refurb sometime in either 2015 or 2016. He then went and hunted down the loyalty ambassador and was told in certain terms that the Allure will not be doing that TA in either 2015 or 2016. Of course, things you are told by Austrian's in the flowrider line may or may not be with any relation to the truth....:D

That said, some of the people posting here generally speak truthfully, but I am from the show me state and until I see the Allure TA for booking, I remain completely skeptical of everything I read here and have Austrians tell me...:eek:

jc

The Allure is going into WET dock in Freeport for a week to fix the Azipod problem. I don't know how they will fix it when it's still in the water but I do know that the wet dock in Freeport is being prepped for her arrival. They are having to dig it out further as the ship is too big even for the wet dock!

The Allure is going into WET dock in Freeport for a week to fix the Azipod problem. I don't know how they will fix it when it's still in the water but I do know that the wet dock in Freeport is being prepped for her arrival. They are having to dig it out further as the ship is too big even for the wet dock!

I would love to see photos of that.:)

It is scheduled for w/e March 1st. I know this because we were supposed to be on this sailing, but was offered the oasis with credits applied.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Forums mobile app

The March 2 sailing of the Allure is available to book... so if all goes well... she will be ready!! When we talked with Capt Johnny about it... he said all the parts will be waiting and although it seems as if it is a complicated process they have it well planned. :) I asked if they would film it... and he said at that time there was no plans for that... but we can hope!!

It is scheduled for w/e March 1st. I know this because we were supposed to be on this sailing, but was offered the oasis with credits applied.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Forums mobile app

No, it is scheduled for the week before that. There is no March 1 sailing. Allure sails on Sunday March 2.

So it appears that the bad bearing on the Allure has made the ship later than the new norm because of a lifeboat problem in Nassau.

We just pulled into St Thomas where we where suppose to be at 1100. Due to the incident in Nassau and some very strong head winds we are 3 hours late.

Every stateroom is given a amount of OBC (2 of us in a L2 got $500, friends in a D1 got $250).

We will leave at our regular time today (630 pm).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1954227&page=2

I sailed on 5th Jan and we had the same issue and got int St Thomas at 1pm. I wasn't overly happy by any means!!!! Very disappointing!