Bring Water on board

insag

I think the official rule on the website is no, but for our July Oasis cruise as advised here on the boards, I stuck a luggage tag on a cheap case of water and dropped it off with the porters. It showed up in our room with our luggage. The bottles came in handy for excursions. So, you can take your chances and you might be in luck!

Guest maddycat
Experienced travelers generally bring water filters instead of trying to lug heavy, expensive bottled water aboard, but if you prefer to bring bottles, it shouldn't be a problem.

This experienced traveler brings bottled water. I like the convenience of being able to dispose of the empty bottles when in port/on excursions.

I think the official rule on the website is no, but for our July Oasis cruise as advised here on the boards, I stuck a luggage tag on a cheap case of water and dropped it off with the porters. It showed up in our room with our luggage. The bottles came in handy for excursions. So, you can take your chances and you might be in luck!

I agree I was nervous and never done it. Next time I will do it.. if they take my 3$ or 4$ pack of water I would not be too upset..

we have always taken bottled water on board and never had a problem. I believe the rule was a 12 pk of soda or water per person.

That's a Carnival rule. There's plenty of good water onboard so we just bring refillable bottles. I like leaving less of a footprint.

Experienced travelers generally bring water filters instead of trying to lug heavy, expensive bottled water aboard, but if you prefer to bring bottles, it shouldn't be a problem.
Experienced cruisers don't lug cases of water and or bring water filters. The water onboard is more than likely "filtered" better than the water you drink at home.....

Experienced cruisers don't lug cases of water and or bring water filters. The water onboard is more than likely "filtered" better than the water you drink at home.....

While your comment about the water on board is true, this experienced cruiser DOES bring bottled water onboard. For use on excursions or at the beach. I generally prefer not to become dehydrated on a hot day ashore.

DITTO!! I did it one time 7 cruises ago. NEVER AGAIN!!

...I believe the rule was a 12 pk of soda or water per person.

Nope. RCI's official policy is no beverages of any kind are permitted except the 2 x 750 ml. bottles of wine per stateroom.

I bring empty plastic bottles in my suitcase, just save them up for a few days or weeks before cruising. I fill them onboard and take them off the ship in ports. At several ports I have seen passengers required to throw out any water/pop/juice bottles they were bringing back onboard, so I bring several empties. :)

I bring empty plastic bottles in my suitcase, just save them up for a few days or weeks before cruising. I fill them onboard and take them off the ship in ports. At several ports I have seen passengers required to throw out any water/pop/juice bottles they were bringing back onboard, so I bring several empties. :)

These bottles that the passengers are required to throw out - ARE THEY

FULL OF THE ORIGINAL CONTENTS ? I can't imagine being made to throw

out EMPTY bottles but I do know and the ships people know that the

contents can easily be substituted for something other than the original

contents i.e. vodka replacing water. The smell test may not work but the

taste test works every time - Yes I always bring my Listerine onboard in

55 gallon barrels ! LOL !

Archived