Oasis - can we leave clothes behind?

Yes, odd question. Our kids never wear the same summer clothes the next summer. Anyone with kids will know that they grow like weeds and we have to replenish each season. Usually I take the clothes that they don't fit and donate to charity. They are always in good condition and never ripped or stained. Since we are at the end of the summer season, I know they won't wear the same outfits next summer. If I bring them on the cruise (packing now), can I leave the kids clothes behind. Does NCI do any type of donation program since they visit so many Caribbean Islands? They will be in great condition but of course need a wash after wearing them on the cruise. Would be nice to not have to bring them home, wash and put in the donation bin. When we visit Cuba, we leave lots of stuff behind that the hotel staff appreciate. Thoughts? Thanks.

You can leave them behind. They will be thrown away. If you're okay with that, leave them. But no, they do not have any program (RCI, not sure about NCI- The National Cancer Institute!) to donate or save items left behind. Turnaround day is tight and crazy. They are going for speed and efficiency.

Yes, odd question. Our kids never wear the same summer clothes the next summer. Anyone with kids will know that they grow like weeds and we have to replenish each season. Usually I take the clothes that they don't fit and donate to charity. They are always in good condition and never ripped or stained. Since we are at the end of the summer season, I know they won't wear the same outfits next summer. If I bring them on the cruise (packing now), can I leave the kids clothes behind. Does NCI do any type of donation program since they visit so many Caribbean Islands? They will be in great condition but of course need a wash after wearing them on the cruise. Would be nice to not have to bring them home, wash and put in the donation bin. When we visit Cuba, we leave lots of stuff behind that the hotel staff appreciate. Thoughts? Thanks.

Ask on board at Guest Services. RCI ships sponsor schools and orphanages individually.

I can't say for sure, but I do know there were friends who didn't receive their luggage before the ship left port. They said they had LOOOOOTS of stuff to choose from right on board. I believe they keep some of the "forgotten" things in case this happens.

I also know friends of our are doing a Carnival cruise later this month. They are bringing stuff from here to donate in one of the ports so it is possible to donate, maybe talk to them before... ??

Good Luck

Chass

I was told my a cabin attendant on one of my cruises, that intact packaged or bottled items, clothes, etc. are eventually donated to local charities in port.

I always ask my cabin attendant if he or she knows someone that can use any item that I leave, and they usually do.

I've left books, wine, and other items on several occasions.

Contact the HQ of the cruise line and ask them whether they are still doing any relief programs or have any charities that they work with in the islands. I know that there is a group that does an Oasis or Allure cruise every year, and brings needed items to Haiti to support RCI's efforts there. Alternatively, you can contact the Red Cross or DR's w/o Borders to see whether they can identify an organization on one of the islands you will be visiting that will take your donations.

You can leave them behind. They will be thrown away..... Turnaround day is tight and crazy. They are going for speed and efficiency.

Any clothing you leave behind will be thrown away, especially dirty clothing. Bring it home and donate it after it is laundered.

Absolutely agree with both members. OP - nice gesture but not very practical. You can donate at home; your heart and kindness will be appreciated in your own back yard. :)

Archived