Which ships have a swim up bar?

Cruisefriends

Many years ago the OLD Crown Princess had one but it was closed the whole time we were on the cruise.

I don't know of any that have one now. Might have been something that seemed to be a good idea but wasn't? :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

A swim up bar on a cruise ship ... "Urinetown" on the high seas. Have you ever noticed at resorts with these bars that folks spend hours drinking in them but never leave the pool?

Totally gross but probably accurate. :eek:

A swim up bar on a cruise ship ... "Urinetown" on the high seas. Have you ever noticed at resorts with these bars that folks spend hours drinking in them but never leave the pool?

:eek: Gross ... but might be the reason cruise ships no longer have them. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

The only ship that has anything even close would be Bahamas Celebration which has an above ground pool.

Probably not what you are looking for, but just thought I'd throw that out there. :D

Several cruises stop in ports where you can go to resorts with a swim up bar.

:eek: Gross
I agree, but it's the first thing I think of when I see a swim up bar, or several variations on that theme. Earlier this summer I stayed at a hotel in Vegas where the bar staff delivered drinks to the edge of the pool and there were many people drinking heavily who never left the water. I was sweltering and it was a tough decision whether to slowly die of heat exhaustion on the pool deck or get in that water.

The only ship that has anything even close would be Bahamas Celebration which has an above ground pool.

Probably not what you are looking for, but just thought I'd throw that out there. :D

The Disney example is probably the closest. Another close example would be the 3 RCI Freedom Class ships. In the adult pool, there are bar stools and a long table. However, the actual bar is still away from the pool.

This is on Liberty of the Seas:

ry%3D480

Edited by Aquahound

I agree, but it's the first thing I think of when I see a swim up bar, or several variations on that theme. Earlier this summer I stayed at a hotel in Vegas where the bar staff delivered drinks to the edge of the pool and there were many people drinking heavily who never left the water. I was sweltering and it was a tough decision whether to slowly die of heat exhaustion on the pool deck or get in that water.

Ever swim in the ocean?