The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Why paid? Those that have them booked by November 23rd had the same expectations. As I said; those with paid reservations think they should be rewarded and could care less about those with booked reservations or anyone else. I would guess that if Celebrity were to reward those with paid reservations, it would tick off a lot more customers who have booked reservations, because after all if they knew they probably would have paid for their vacations before payment was due and then don't forget about those that might not be able to pay for their cruise before it was due. Celebrity was in a no win situation, but they made a fair decision. Not everyone is going to be happy, but it seems as there are more happy customers than those that are not happy.

I would also imagine that those that were booked in cabin that are more points under the new system than the old would have not been pleased. (Probably only those in the high end suites)

Why paid?

Because when you have paid, you have completely delivered on your end of the deal.

Those that have them booked by November 23rd had the same expectations. As I said; those with paid reservations think they should be rewarded and could care less about those with booked reservations or anyone else.

They do? I haven't heard anyone who's paid say that they don't care about those without payment.

I have no issue if the boundary included those who hadn't paid yet.

That said, having paid IN FULL indicates a lot more loyalty than just having a booking... on the totem scale of loyalty, which is what this program still has in its name...

I would guess that if Celebrity were to reward those with paid reservations, it would tick off a lot more customers who have booked reservations, because after all if they knew they probably would have paid for their vacations before payment was due and then don't forget about those that might not be able to pay for their cruise before it was due.

I don't think so. Having paid in full for something is more significant than just having paid a deposit, when things are more flexible. When it's paid in full though, the seller cannot in most circumstances change what you have paid for.

Not everyone is going to be happy, but it seems as there are more happy customers than those that are not happy.

As said before, that will be the case here as most 'customers' already hvae achieved the key level in their rewards program.

I would also imagine that those that were booked in cabin that are more points under the new system than the old would have not been pleased. (Probably only those in the high end suites)

Hey, I had a four day cruise booked, because of being in Florida for a wedding. That cruise would have made me Elite under the old program, but under the new program it doesn't. I could have come on here and pouted and complained, etc., but why. Why waste so much time and energy complaining about something I can not control. I would rather concentrate on how lucky I am to be able to cruise in the fashion that I do and so what if I have to change a reservation or if I would have to take another cruise to become Elite. Celebrity makes the rules and can change them when they want.

Because when you have paid, you have completely delivered on your end of the deal. If you have booked and your cruise payment is not due yet, you have also completed your part of the deal, since the cruise line dictates when you should pay.

They do? I haven't heard anyone who's paid say that they don't care about those without payment. Let me guess, you cruise is paid in full?

I have no issue if the boundary included those who hadn't paid yet. It shouldn't include either, customers should get their points after they cruise in whatever program exists at that time. And that is what Celebrity is doing and it is fair to all.

That said, having paid IN FULL indicates a lot more loyalty than just having a booking... on the totem scale of loyalty, which is what this program still has in its name... Oh please, because someone is paid in full they are more LOYAL. You have to be kidding, right? So you are saying that if someone has taken 20 cruises on Celebrity, but has not made final payment on their next cruise, they are not as loyal as someone who has taken 2 cruises and has made final payment on their third. Wow!

I don't think so. Having paid in full for something is more significant than just having paid a deposit, when things are more flexible. When it's paid in full though, the seller cannot in most circumstances change what you have paid for. I said it would have been great if Celebrity would have offered to cancel those cruises without a penalty, but since I don't make the rules, it didn't happen.

As said before, that will be the case here as most 'customers' already hvae achieved the key level in their rewards program. Have to disagree with you here, I think more that are Elite and close to Elite+ and those close to Zenith are the many of the loudest complainers. Especially loved the poster who said that his status has been taken away, because they added the Zenith tier. The funny thing is that some of these posters were they one that wanted it to become more difficult to become Elite and now that it is more difficult for them to make the next tier, it is not fair....go figure!!

See my comments in red.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Hey, I had a four day cruise booked, because of being in Florida for a wedding. That cruise would have made me Elite under the old program, but under the new program it doesn't. I could have come on here and pouted and complained, etc., but why. Why waste so much time and energy complaining about something I can not control. I would rather concentrate on how lucky I am to be able to cruise in the fashion that I do and so what if I have to change a reservation or if I would have to take another cruise to become Elite. Celebrity makes the rules and can change them when they want.

Well, we are in the same boat but hey, complaining or discussing can appear to be similar when typed.:D

Well, we are in the same boat but hey, complaining or discussing can appear to be similar when typed.:D

Big difference. Complaining is coming on here and saying that they need to change the rules or that one got screwed or cheated or how unfair the new program is. Discussing is talking about it, without out a complaint about the new rules or asking that they be changed. Show me where I complained about the new program. I don't feel Celebrity should change the rules for me or anyone else.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Celebrity's perks are still miles ahead of RC, but they do certainly reflect the tightening down trend of the past few years. Nonetheless, we still quite enjoyed all of the extras.

Up until a few days ago I would have quickly agreed with you but, we just (yesterday) got off Grandeur of the Seas. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a -X- fan but, holy cow, has RC upgraded their program!

Very nice a Diamond lounge with machine made speciality coffee 24 hours/day. Same B'Fast set up as -X-. Unlimited waiter served Beer, Wine, and Mixed Cocktails from 4:30pm to 8:00pm with lots of servers available. Never ending self-serve hot appetizers like wings, fried shrimp, fried mushrooms, egg rolls, meatballs, etc. plus fruit, cheeses, etc. Hostess in attendance in lounge roughly 8am to 8pm. Lounge & cocktails available EVERY DAY, no exceptions, even embarkation day.

Diamond Plus and above had about the same but in a separate lounge.

Also, each a Diamond got 1 free 8x10 photo, 30 min internet, 1 free glass wine or beer, 20% off wine by the glass, etc. Pretty decent, I thought.

Also various bars had half price Happy Hours (1-2 bars a day) and about 5 of 8 nights the Martini Bar had evening BOGO from approx 6pm to 9pm. (This was for all passengers, not just Diamond).

Other observations: MDR food & service was very good and, surprisingly to me, was comparable to -X-. Windjammer food & service, and all entertainment, not so much. Biggest noticeable difference was the total invisibility of senior officers so unlike our experience on -X-.

... Cal

Because when you have paid, you have completely delivered on your end of the deal. If you have booked and your cruise payment is not due yet, you have also completed your part of the deal, since the cruise line dictates when you should pay.

Only to that point - but you haven't completed it as such. The cruise line won't let you board when you want to use your purchase. :)

They do? I haven't heard anyone who's paid say that they don't care about those without payment. Let me guess, you cruise is paid in full?

This isn't a meaningful reply and doesn't resolve the statement made.

I have no issue if the boundary included those who hadn't paid yet. It shouldn't include either, customers should get their points after they cruise in whatever program exists at that time. And that is what Celebrity is doing and it is fair to all.

So you keep saying. Yet others disagree. So who is the arbiter of fairness?

That said, having paid IN FULL indicates a lot more loyalty than just having a booking... on the totem scale of loyalty, which is what this program still has in its name... Oh please, because someone is paid in full they are more LOYAL. You have to be kidding, right? So you are saying that if someone has taken 20 cruises on Celebrity, but has not made final payment on their next cruise, they are not as loyal as someone who has taken 2 cruises and has made final payment on their third. Wow!

Way to misinterpret what was written.

If you want to challenge 'loyalty' though, theirs is even more odd since it says those in an Aqua class cabin are more loyal than those in an ocean view. They have to be kidding, right? Wow!

I don't think so. Having paid in full for something is more significant than just having paid a deposit, when things are more flexible. When it's paid in full though, the seller cannot in most circumstances change what you have paid for. I said it would have been great if Celebrity would have offered to cancel those cruises without a penalty, but since I don't make the rules, it didn't happen.

At least we see the same perspective on this.

[/i]

only to that point - but you haven't completed it as such. The cruise line won't let you board when you want to use your purchase. :) to the point that the cruise line makes the rules and the customers doesn't have to pay until they tell them to. I'm sure that all of those with bookings, will have paid by the date they board the ship.

this isn't a meaningful reply and doesn't resolve the statement made. i have my opinion and it is that celebrity shouldn't give old points to cruises that have not been completed. Just like every other rewards program - you get your points after you complete your flight, purchase, etc.

so you keep saying. Yet others disagree. So who is the arbiter of fairness? people can disagree, i still think celebrity is being more than fair.

way to misinterpret what was written.

if you want to challenge 'loyalty' though, theirs is even more odd since it says those in an aqua class cabin are more loyal than those in an ocean view. They have to be kidding, right? Wow! you said: That said, having paid in full indicates a lot more loyalty than just having a booking... on the totem scale of loyalty, which is what this program still has in its name... what did i misinterpret wrong. You said having paid in full indicates a lot more loyalty than just having a booking. I don't understand how anyone could make a comment like that. You are saying that someone, because they are paid in full, is more loyal. All i can say again is wow! Btw, i was responding to your comment, not celebrity's program, but since you brought it up, every rewards/loyalty program i'm enrolled in gives me points based on how much i fly (spend money) or charge (my visa) or spend in their store, so it seems like celebrity is just following what others are doing.

at least we see the same perspective on this. i think it would have been a win win for celebrity and i would guess that they might have had a very small amount who would have cancelled and those that did, would be back as loyal celebrity customers after a short time. but, again, i don't make the rules.

We are on different sides on this, so I guess it is best to just say we can agree to disagree.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Big difference. Complaining is coming on here and saying that they need to change the rules or that one got screwed or cheated or how unfair the new program is. Discussing is talking about it, without out a complaint about the new rules or asking that they be changed. Show me where I complained about the new program. I don't feel Celebrity should change the rules for me or anyone else.

I didn't say you did. :D

We just got off the 12/7 sailing of the Summit. Our group was a mix of Elite and Elite +.

Each adult got a page of DATED drink coupons at the start of the ship: three per day from 5-7 pm, good in any bar but Martini, dining room, and 1-2 others. In Michael's Club there was butlered appetizers, so it was nice to use our coupons there vs. elsewhere (plus, of course, the friendly vibe with other members). A coupon was for up to $8 per drink (though only up

Hi there, question about Micheal's club. I was under the impression that was going to be used for the Zenith members. It sounds like that was not the case on your sailing. Was it open to both elite and elite +? Were there crowding issues there or did the coupons seem to eliminate that?

Hi there, question about Micheal's club. I was under the impression that was going to be used for the Zenith members. It sounds like that was not the case on your sailing. Was it open to both elite and elite +? Were there crowding issues there or did the coupons seem to eliminate that?

The use of the Michaels Club fleet wide for high end suite and Zenith passengers is not scheduled to start until sometime in January. They are promoting people to be the lounge concierge and that takes some time......

Am I the only one who would point out that they made a mistake. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking something I'm not entitled to.

No, we were awarded extra Princess credits and when I enquired why, I found out that they recognised a cruise with P&O as being part of their loyalty program.

BTW, I bet everyone would point it out if the situation was reversed.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Am I the only one who would point out that they made a mistake. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking something I'm not entitled to.

Can you have 880 after the conversion? 30 times ?? = 880

Maybe just the letter says 880 points and My Celebrity/Captain's Club/Sailing History shows the correct value. It may be recorded properly in Celebrity's system regardless of what the letter or Sailing History shows. Has anyone ever received a letter from Celebrity where the letter is addressed to "Dear Jane" but your name isn't Jane or welcoming you back from an Alaska cruise when you haven't been on an Alaska cruise. Just because your letter says that, it doesn't mean you have been renamed "Jane" and your nonexistent trip to "Alaska" has become a reality!

As WALKER1313 pointed out, 880 isn't even a valid converted number; without any bonus points that may have been mis-applied, a potential conversion program bug, or human-entry error. If the points are incorrect in Celebrity's system, it is conceivable there possibly could have been a conversion-program or human-entry bug/error in applying points programmatically or manually (e.g., mis-applying bonus or cached points from previous converted member) or even incorrectly producing the letter content.

Kathy

Maybe just the letter says 880 points and My Celebrity/Captain's Club/Sailing History shows the correct value. It may be recorded properly in Celebrity's system regardless of what the letter or Sailing History shows. Has anyone ever received a letter from Celebrity where the letter is addressed to "Dear Jane" but your name isn't Jane or welcoming you back from an Alaska cruise when you haven't been on an Alaska cruise. Just because your letter says that, it doesn't mean you have been renamed "Jane" and your nonexistent trip to "Alaska" has become a reality!

As WALKER1313 pointed out, 880 isn't even a valid converted number; without any bonus points that may have been mis-applied, a potential conversion program bug, or human-entry error. If the points are incorrect in Celebrity's system, it is conceivable there possibly could have been a conversion-program or human-entry bug/error in applying points programmatically or manually (e.g., mis-applying bonus or cached points from previous converted member) or even incorrectly producing the letter content.

Kathy

My middle name just became ANNE on all my recent correspondence from X. I just checked however and I'm still a dude. :D

My middle name just became ANNE on all my recent correspondence from X. I just checked however and I'm still a dude. :D

I would keep it.

In the future, it will give an excellent story to tell the great grandkids about the time you were renamed and .......:rolleyes:

I'll answer to any name Celebrity wants to call me if they give me a few hundred points toward Zenith.

If it were up to me, I would give you extra points just because of your adorable avatar. Second thought that wouldn't be a good idea; just the thought of the debates and complaints that would ensue from doing that.

Kathy

we've been away for quite awhile (over a month) and only able to post to our roll call a few times....when we got home we were pleased to find out the big announcement had been made about the changes. Hope to read through this long thread to see what everyone has to say about it but it will take some time..

Here's our take: After our next cruise in Nov, on Equinox, it appears we will move up to Elite Plus.... although not a whole lot more than the Elite categ perks but the enhancements will be good for us including extra internet minutes, extra laundry , discounts on Specialty dining and drink packages & category upgrades thru AQ... very happy w/ what is offered... even knowing we will never reach the top tier and cannot get reciprocity with Diamond Plus on Royal at Elite Plus...

I agree that Royal Diamond perks are better in some respects..esp. the nightly spread we enjoyed recently on Oasis, & the very pvt. breakfast lounge. However, the Celeb cruise experience wins out in all categories for us, including attention from the officers and staff, so we would not sail that ship again for those other perks!

Glad the suspense is over. I think X read some of the signs very well as to what perks folks like on bd.

Edited by hcat

we've been away for quite awhile (over a month) and only able to post to our roll call a few times....when we got home we were pleased to find out the big announcement had been made about the changes. Hope to read through this long thread to see what everyone has to say about it but it will take some time..

Here's our take: After our next cruise in Nov, on Equinox, it appears we will move up to Elite Plus.... although not a whole lot more than the Elite categ perks but the enhancements will be good for us including extra internet minutes, extra laundry , discounts on Specialty dining and drink packages & category upgrades thru AQ... very happy w/ what is offered... even knowing we will never reach the top tier and cannot get reciprocity with Diamond Plus on Royal at Elite Plus...

I agree that Royal Diamond perks are better in some respects..esp. the nightly spread we enjoyed recently on Oasis, & the very pvt. breakfast lounge. However, the Celeb cruise experience wins out in all categories for us, including attention from the officers and staff, so we would not sail that ship again for those other perks!

Glad the suspense is over. I think X read some of the signs very well as to what perks folks like on bd.

Welcome back, I am glad that you are happy with the new program. I thought that the reciprocity with Diamond plus was left out deliberately, so that the lounges would not be swamped with members from the other cruise lines program.:D

Edited by MicCanberra