The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

I think it's up on the UK Celebrity site.

Not that I can see. The info that we had 24 old points and now 720 new points has also disappeared. I am so glad I am not a techie working for Celebrity this week-end.

Edited by sandancer

I am very excited to now be captains club elite plus.....but I don't know what I am excited about yet.

One thing I do know, I only have to cruise for 396 more days in aqua to become Captain's club Zenith. At an average cost of $200 per day (which is sort of a guess), that's only $79,200 worth of cruising, but my wife will want to go with me, so that's $158,400 worth of cruising.

We'll be zenith in no time....

Edited by ghstudio

I am very excited to now be captains club elite plus.....but I don't know what I am excited about yet.

One thing I do know, I only have to cruise for 396 more days in aqua to become Captain's club Zenith. At an average cost of $200 per day (which is sort of a guess), that's only $79,200 worth of cruising, but my wife will want to go with me, so that's $158,400 worth of cruising.

That's the whole point of it. It's not SUPPOSED to be easy to attain.

I'm reminded of the bumper-sticker " We are spending our children's inheritance". :p

I went to the Captains Club portion of the website and clicked on Membership benefits and clicked on what I was and up popped my new information. I was select with 9 credits and now am select with 286 points. I suppose I don't have anything to complain about although I was hoping the point bonus would get me over to elite. We sail a week from today out of San Juan on the Summit and are in cc so that will take us over 300.

I think it's up on the UK Celebrity site.

I see it now, although not fully detailed.

It wasn't at the time of the post I replied to. And the issue is that that post argued against another and assumed something - and has turned out to be quite wrong!

I have 24 and it shows Elite with 720 points. I have a Reflection cruise coming up in 2 weeks, which will only give me 21 points, so I won't be Elite Plus even after that cruise which I booked to have 25 points before year end.

I don't understand why some people that are only one cruise away have been moved up and others not. I have 4 X cruises booked, so I will be calling the Captains Club next week after the official numbers come out.

I have 24 and it shows Elite with 720 points. I have a Reflection cruise coming up in 2 weeks, which will only give me 21 points, so I won't be Elite Plus even after that cruise which I booked to have 25 points before year end.

I don't understand why some people that are only one cruise away have been moved up and others not. I have 4 X cruises booked, so I will be calling the Captains Club next week after the official numbers come out.

I have 13 credits and 390 points. Currently Elite of course but what does 390 points get me? Where are you getting your information re a Zenith level or Elite Plus? L

I have been checking my history and today you saw a flash of the new tier system on your history. But you have to be quick, I took a pic off my iPad before the screen went blank.

So they must want to publish at the same time.

When I try to do the same thing with benefits all that pops up, again quick pic, is your new points.

I confess, I will never have the 3000 points it would take another lifetime, based on points

When the screen shows hold your finger on the screen. It will remain visible until you remove your finger.

I went to the Captains Club portion of the website and clicked on Membership benefits and clicked on what I was and up popped my new information. I was select with 9 credits and now am select with 286 points. I suppose I don't have anything to complain about although I was hoping the point bonus would get me over to elite. We sail a week from today out of San Juan on the Summit and are in cc so that will take us over 300.

By uplifting your points from 9x30=270 to 286, you still only need one 7 day cruise in an inside cabin (14 points) to become elite. That sounds pretty fair to me as an adjustment.

The 25 points were a personal goal...you wouldn't have had any more benefits than you currently have. At the end of your next cruise, you will get the same perks you would have gotten with 25 old points. Why do you feel that celebrity should adjust your points?

Edited by ghstudio

By uplifting your points from 9x30=270 to 286, you still only need one 7 day cruise in an inside cabin (14 points) to become elite. That sounds pretty fair to me as an adjustment.

We're in that situation as well, 9 credits converting to 286 points, and immediately I saw the 14 extra points as being close enough to get Elite by sailing 7 nights in an inside cabin. Seems fair indeed. I'm hoping they continue the reciprocity and earning privileges across Celebrity and Azamara, as that's our next sailing in less than a month, but we'll wait and see. :)

I agree with ghstudio. You were never one cruise away from Elite+. How could you have been since it didn't exist? You would have a legitimate complaint if Elite+ had existed when you booked it and that cruise would have made you Elite+ and now it won't.

For those that aren't seeing their captain's club sailing history...or it's flashing quickly.....the Celebrity IT department apparently didn't test with firefox or chrome browsers....(why isn't this a surprise?). If you look using internet explorer, you will be able to see the page.

For those that aren't seeing their captain's club sailing history...or it's flashing quickly.....the Celebrity IT department apparently didn't test with firefox or chrome browsers....(why isn't this a surprise?). If you look using internet explorer, you will be able to see the page.

Hi, I use Internet Explorer and when I bring up my page on the website?

It show up but then quickly goes away....so it looks like none are

working properly.

working properly.

I am using Internet Explorer 11 and it consistently shows the history page correctly. I've tried multiple times over the past 15 minutes or so...

You may be on an older version of internet explorer or have some add on that I don't have.....or, of course, you could be right and there is an intermittent problem that I just haven't experienced.

Not so.

The 25 points were a personal goal...you wouldn't have had any more benefits than you currently have. At the end of your next cruise, you will get the same perks you would have gotten with 25 old points. Why do you feel that celebrity should adjust your points?

Since you have been posting a lot on this thread, I would assume that you have seen that others that are one old point away have been getting the note about being so close X has added points. I don't want any more than anyone else is receiving; but if X is rounding up when one point away, I would expect the same treatment.

Not so.

Hi Rich,:) I am having issues on IE too. I can bring up my page

on the website and the old points and new ones show up very quickly

and then? It goes away.

working properly.

I get same exact thing on Firefox. Interestingly, it quickly shows 1 credit = 30 points and then goes away! So.....looks like they are "playing" with the new program. I'm sure there will be many more "glitches" before they formally announce the new program. Good old Celebrity! :D

I get same exact thing on Firefox. Interestingly, it quickly shows 1 credit = 30 points and then goes away! So.....looks like they are "playing" with the new program. I'm sure there will be many more "glitches" before they formally announce the new program. Good old Celebrity! :D

I was able to see the amount of points I have....it said 41 on the old

and 1230 on the new. I haven't read everything but not sure if 1230

gets me anything else or not.

I am now Zenith :) with over 5000 points and 86 Celebrity cruises:)

The interesting thing is my cruise history still shows credits (like 1,2,3) even though the title of the column is "Points".

Has anyone found a hyperlink to the full benefits or how many new points we get for each cruise?

I am now Zenith :) with over 5000 points and 86 Celebrity cruises:)

The interesting thing is my cruise history still shows credits (like 1,2,3) even though the title of the column is "Points".

Has anyone found a hyperlink to the full benefits or how many new points we get for each cruise?

Hi Tommy, now that I see you have over 5,000 points? I know my 1230

will never get to that level:eek: