The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

That is the only way I will book a TA now, still have 2 old future cruise @ $300 for TA to use

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Mark! We burned our last old one for next years Silly TA. After that, it's plan the cruise, buy the airfare and wait until after the final payment date to book the cruise. Hear that Celebrity??!! :eek::D

Now WHY does it not surprise me that you two know each other!

Mark and I met on Silly's April T/A, Shaun and I just met on the Flex last month!

Mark, remember how we discussed that your recent Eclipse price was holding at $999 to $1199 for MONTHS??? But then a couple weeks after final payment the price finally came down to $699/$599.

I STILL can't believe I got this Flex TA for $449! Diane and I did the Connie TA from Southampton, at this time last year for $609, and there was a couple we met who booked during last August, got it on a 72 hour weekend special for $499.

Shaun, don't forget about Choice Air. I booked only EIGHT DAYS days before flying out and was STILL able to get from beautiful Downtown Fargo to Rome (on Delta) for only $508.

Sure hope to see both of you guys again next year. All of the TAs are RIDICULOUSLY high right now... all you gotta do is wait till the prices crash after final payment. CHEERS!

Edited by teecee60

That was my point and I posted as much.:D

Which was then irrelevant to the point I posted about it not fulfilling the poster's statement that "Attached is colour coded comparison between points accrued in old / new clubs to show the winners and losers based upon your future sailing pattern. "

Is it as TAs are so popular or is it they are not?:confused:

The problem cruise lines have with TAs is they have to discount them to try and fill them sometimes to rock bottom prices.

Why peoiple who book early and pay more and don't get the price drops/upgrades is their business.

Having loads of extra discounts that are combinable eat into the margins.

The other thing is the TA's attract on RCI and celebrity those that qualify for the "happy hour" perk again eating into OB spend and margins and these are the people most likely to have the other ways to get money off.

Some TA's are special like the RCI ones that do the northern route(iceland) they attract bigger money some cruises also have more ports to try and make them seem worth more.

A straight Southampton->NY needs 6.5 EU->florida needs 9.5-11.5 depending on where in the EU you start so adding a lot of ports take it over 14-15 days.

It took me 10 cruises, most two weeks and AQ to get to Elite+. And what do you get? An extra $50 in Internet , a few specialty restaurant discounts you can always get anyway, and free coffee. Maybe now it's a little easier, who cares.

I wouldn't worry about it. Elite + isn't a big deal perk wise.

E+ can now have any drink up to eight USD at HH and with the chits. My BIL thinks this is a great improvement over menu he had at E. ~ Rick

E+ can now have any drink up to eight USD at HH and with the chits. My BIL thinks this is a great improvement over menu he had at E. ~ Rick

There were no drinks menus available at Happy Hour on our Oct TA on Infinity. This was a change from our March/ April Eclipse sailing. At first we thought it was a Noro - virus prevention.

BUT we were never charged extra when we gave our coupons, I asked for white wine, my husband had Budweiser to start, then wine. We were also told any wine up to $8 + tax on the first night! We never asked after and were sailing pre-Captains Club change.

Please clarify what you're saying here. I just spoke to a friend that's on the Reflection as we speak and he just asked Ti-Ann about this. It is not true. Elite and Elite Plus have the same bar menu to choose drinks from.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Forums mobile app

Please clarify what you're saying here. I just spoke to a friend that's on the Reflection as we speak and he just asked Ti-Ann about this. It is not true. Elite and Elite Plus have the same bar menu to choose drinks from.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Forums mobile app

But, when a Elite is seated and an Elite Plus enters the Lounge (entry announced by the Host) with no good seats available for selection by the Elite Plus, then all the Elites must vacate their seats immediately. ;):D - Discuss

This thread is starting to get more fun.

There were no drinks menus available at Happy Hour on our Oct TA on Infinity. This was a change from our March/ April Eclipse sailing. At first we thought it was a Noro - virus prevention.

BUT we were never charged extra when we gave our coupons, I asked for white wine, my husband had Budweiser to start, then wine. We were also told any wine up to $8 + tax on the first night! We never asked after and were sailing pre-Captains Club change.

We didn't go to the Happy Hour lounge on the Infinity in September, but on the Eclipse Nov. 16th sailing (Captain's Club changes announced but not implemented yet) we could have wine up to $8 and beer up to $6 with the vouchers as Elite members (about-to-become Elite+ with the change). The bar server at Cafe al Baccio said she had to clear Riesling with her supervisor first, but discovered it fell within the $8 parameters. What was puzzling was that dh got Sauvignon Blanc at Cafe al Baccio which they did not question; Sauvignon Blanc was on the Oceanview Bar menu as $9.50. Is it possible that Sauvignon Blanc cost one price in one lounge/bar and a different price in another ($9.50 vs. $8.00)? Maybe a different size glass or brand? Or maybe Sauvignon Blanc was $9.50 and the Cafe al Baccio server didn't realize it?

But, when a Elite is seated and an Elite Plus enters the Lounge (entry announced by the Host) with no good seats available for selection by the Elite Plus, then all the Elites must vacate their seats immediately. ;):D - Discuss

Sounds like a good Elite+ benefit to me! Shouldn't we just have bumping rights though so we can bump just those few Elites from their seats, even if it means breaking up parties of multiple people!? Oh wait, we almost always skip the lounge, so someone else can have our seats. We are happy when we get vouchers to use in a quieter and less crowded venue.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise

LOL,:D Instead of being Elitist would that make you Elite Plusist?:p

No, this is incorrect. Since Elite takes 300pts and Elite+ takes 750pts, this means only 2 and a half Elites have to vacate their seats. If a Zenith deems to step in (well, step down really) 10 Elites must get up.

I'm looking forward to walking around the ship, going up to the pool area, flashing my card and taking whatever seat I want. But with my luck, I'd challenge a Zenith and end up on a raft being towed behind the ship.

Den

No, this is incorrect. Since Elite takes 300pts and Elite+ takes 750pts, this means only 2 and a half Elites have to vacate their seats. If a Zenith deems to step in (well, step down really) 10 Elites must get up.

I'm looking forward to walking around the ship, going up to the pool area, flashing my card and taking whatever seat I want. But with my luck, I'd challenge a Zenith and end up on a raft being towed behind the ship.

Den

LOL, you would be lucky if it was towed, you may be cast adrift.:eek:

This thread is starting to get more fun.

We didn't go to the Happy Hour lounge on the Infinity in September, but on the Eclipse Nov. 16th sailing (Captain's Club changes announced but not implemented yet) we could have wine up to $8 and beer up to $6 with the vouchers as Elite members (about-to-become Elite+ with the change). The bar server at Cafe al Baccio said she had to clear Riesling with her supervisor first, but discovered it fell within the $8 parameters. What was puzzling was that dh got Sauvignon Blanc at Cafe al Baccio which they did not question; Sauvignon Blanc was on the Oceanview Bar menu as $9.50. Is it possible that Sauvignon Blanc cost one price in one lounge/bar and a different price in another ($9.50 vs. $8.00)? Maybe a different size glass or brand? Or maybe Sauvignon Blanc was $9.50 and the Cafe al Baccio server didn't realize it?

Sounds like a good Elite+ benefit to me! Shouldn't we just have bumping rights though so we can bump just those few Elites from their seats, even if it means breaking up parties of multiple people!? Oh wait, we almost always skip the lounge, so someone else can have our seats. We are happy when we get vouchers to use in a quieter and less crowded venue.

Kathy

But you would love to exercise the Elite Plus bumping rights just once, if only for the experience ;):D;)

But you would love to exercise the Elite Plus bumping rights just once, if only for the experience ;):D;)

Do bumping rights apply everywhere? How about the fitness center if I want a particular machine?

And all other public areas? I'm assuming we can't bump people from their more desirable cabins though! :eek: That would be *somewhat* unfair.

Is there a limit to the number of times we can bump? Maybe they will institute bumping vouchers if it gets too complicated.

Kathy

[Kathy

Do bumping rights apply everywhere? How about the fitness center if I want a particular machine? - Excellent idea

[/b][/color]

And all other public areas? I'm assuming we can't bump people from their more desirable cabins though! That would be *somewhat* unfair.

Kindly remember that Elite Plus members must always be fair, and seen to be fair, to all guests being Elite Plus and above.

[/color]

Is there a limit to the number of times we can bump? Maybe they will institute bumping vouchers if it gets too complicated.

No limits - Because, what is the point of Elite Plus members having superior status and power, if it can not be fully exercised? [/color]

Edited by PORT ROYAL

If it is based on status, then Celebrity lied to me. After many cruises, 1410 points and no upgrades, I called Celebrity specifically to talk about what it takes to get an upgrade once in a blue moon. I was told the revenue dept. has a method, but would not elaborate. They assured me it has nothing to do with Captain's Club status.

Upgrades are usually given to first time cruisers. The same happens on other lines such as HAL.

I hear a lot about people getting upgrades ... I have never gotten an upgrade! I was on a cruise with some friends who were first time X cruisers and they got upgraded from 2D to A1 but I have never had that luck. Even with Guarantees, I only get the lowest guaranteed category.

I was the top cruiser in points on two cruises this year and yet did not get an upgrade. Neither cruise was full. At one point I heard we could buy upgrades based on our point total for priority but never heard any more.

True upgrades (not just higher decks) would be a really nice perk!

That is typical that upgrades go to first time cruisers.

My only complaint was the combination of the old system (perks) and the new system (points) on the cruises that departed between Nov. 23 and 25.

We have the same problem regarding an Azamara cruise that departed Nov 9. We haven't received the points yet, but are told they will be converted based on when they come over to the new system.

Upgrades are usually given to first time cruisers. The same happens on other lines such as HAL.

My BIL who has cruised three times, Carnival: can't remember but probably was on a guarantee and got one; NCL: upgraded from inside to balcony (Hawaii); Princess: Upgraded from inside to oceanview (Alaska).

Us? 50+ times. One upgrade after lots of begging from TA because I was bringing two other couples with me. It was a small Seawind ship. Then the Princess upgrade. What's wrong with this picture?

Tucker in Texas