Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

But it's (probably) still just as easy to become Elite. It's just hard to become Zenith. :D

mferranti - "HARD" to become "Zenith" - I will be dead before I can get 3000 points... :p We are actually are "Founder" Members from when you had to pay - yes pay - $35 to join - which we did and it was the best money we ever spent. Years later, when it became free to join, Celebrity refunded us a SBC of $50. We should automatically become "Zenith" Members...:) That is what a qualkity company would do... Don't you think????

Edited by neilrr

I think one of the reasons they are not "keeping the old way" is that it was way to easy to become Elite.

But I am not convinced that the new way will necessarily make it more difficult to become Elite. I suspect that it is more focused on creating new improved higher levels.

Probably for people who would otherwise end up missing a cutoff to a higher level by just a few points - this was a huge problem when RCI converted a few years ago.

Now if you miss by just a few points Celebrity can point out they already gave you 50 more points than you have actually earned. I think it's a very smart decision by Celebrity.

That statement is just plane erroneous, there was not a huge problem. The RCI formula ensured no one lost status.

Well, technically, it was a huge problem that they proactively avoided in all but a very few cases by coming up with the adjustments to the basic conversion multiplier.

If they don't change how points are accumulated going forward, there is no adjustment needed. I can't imagine they would want a system where you earned "credits" that they had to convert on the fly to a new number while leaving the basic qualifying requirement the same. It does provide them a window to offer points for other than cruises such as on-board spend or early booking bonus (such as the offer of 25 points on the UK site that has been mentioned), but it will make for a cumbersome approach and they have proven they can't even handle simple. :eek:

This statement is erroneous, we lost status.

I would be very interested in the details of how that happened. In all of the threads I read, I never saw an example with details. I don't doubt you, but I can't imagine a scenario where that happened. Would you share the before and after details?

Assuming that elites all continue with the same perks (probably with coupons instead of a party), I don't see all that much plus in elite plus, however anything more is certainly appreciated. I just wonder if there is enough in (what we've seen) elite plus to make folks want to achieve that level....so I'm looking for more detail which is, of course, to come.

I have a different opinion. To me the additional benefits listed a very significant. 200 free internet minutes from 90 is more than double. The additional discounts might be nice depending on the area of the discounts.

This statement is erroneous, we lost status.

Do tell. You are implying that you were either Diamond and lost the Diamond status or were Diamond plus and lost that status. Is this really true?

mferranti - "HARD" to become "Zenith" - I will be dead before I can get 3000 points... :p We are actually are "Founder" Members from when you had to pay - yes pay - $35 to join - which we did and it was the best money we ever spent. Years later, when it became free to join, Celebrity refunded us a SBC of $50. We should automatically become "Zenith" Members...:) That is what a qualkity company would do... Don't you think????
We also paid to join, and I don't think I agree.

Should they make every current Elite a Zenith? I could make a case for it. Yesterday Elites were at the top of the club; if we're now third from the top that's a loss of status, isn't it?

By the same token, Classic members were only two levels from the top; obviously they have to all become Elite or they're being cheated. And all current Preview members should immediately become Select, so they remain three levels down.

We also paid to join, and I don't think I agree.

Should they make every current Elite a Zenith? I could make a case for it. Yesterday Elites were at the top of the club; if we're now third from the top that's a loss of status, isn't it?

By the same token, Classic members were only two levels from the top; obviously they have to all become Elite or they're being cheated. And all current Preview members should immediately become Select, so they remain three levels down.

That's funny. Isn't it amazing how numbers can be manipulated? Mark Twain is credited with saying "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." (or in this case, comparisons)

Well, technically, it was a huge problem that they proactively avoided in all but a very few cases by coming up with the adjustments to the basic conversion multiplier.:

No one lost status. You are familiar with the formula and the chart, it was impossible to lose current status. Perhaps it's another mixing up of conversion with Concierge Lounge.

Edited by Oville

No one lost status. You are familiar with the formula and the chart, it was impossible to lose current status.

Which is why I asked for details. I cannot figure out how it was possible, but there might have been a small handful out of the many thousands who fell through the cracks. I'd like to see the numbers.

Which is why I asked for details. I cannot figure out how it was possible, but there might have been a small handful out of the many thousands who fell through the cracks. I'd like to see the numbers.
I suspect the key is how one defines "status".

NO ONE lost his or her RCCL C&A category. If one follows the formula you see that even the lowest credit D, still had enough points to be D after conversion. Some complained that they were further away from the next level, but still – they did not lose their D designated category.

I was told this morning by the Captain’s Club that NO ONE will lose their CC category and NO benefits will be reduced.

m

There was no crack. If you had 10 or more points you were diamond before and diamond after, same goes for D+ with 24 or more points.

NO ONE lost his or her RCCL C&A category. If one follows the formula you see that even the lowest credit D, still had enough points to be D after conversion. Some complained that they were further away from the next level, but still – they did not lose their D designated category.

I was told this morning by the Captain’s Club that NO ONE will lose their CC category and NO benefits will be reduced.

m

Thanks, I just don't want people worrying that status was lost on RCI so why couldn't it happen with Celebrity.

The CC website has been converted back to the old one. I spoke with a Captains Club rep this morning before the website was converted and was informed that the site was not yet completed. She could not reveal any information how the conversion will be made, but stated that we will be 'happy' (whatever that means!).

People did not lose status. They lost benefits. Originally when the change came, D lost the lounge and only had a one night event and instead of a list of drinks which included wine beer soda etc only wine and champagne were free the rest was 25% discount. They computed points :1 credit was = to 7.25 days appox. The only problem was we had many 10/11 day cruises which were only converted to 7.25 days (a down grade) . In the same formula those that had 3/4 day cruises were given 7.25 days for each of those cruise credits. So no status was lost just benefits and actual days sailed were not true . Hope this makes sense.

We currently have 354 days at sea with RCCL and 31 credits on X.

If they use the same kinda tier to credit that we are speculating then actually my life hasn't changed at all.

I have 5 tier credits currently = 150

I have a 13 night cruise in C2 for may = 3 credits in old system 3*30 = 90 so running tally of 240.

In the old way i would need 2 credits to become elite.

In the new way, i would need 60 credits (which is 2 tier credits * 30).

Seems like it's not moving the bar - IF that's how this will still go....

If they use the same kinda tier to credit that we are speculating then actually my life hasn't changed at all.

I have 5 tier credits currently = 150

I have a 13 night cruise in C2 for may = 3 credits in old system 3*30 = 90 so running tally of 240.

In the old way i would need 2 credits to become elite.

In the new way, i would need 60 credits (which is 2 tier credits * 30).

Seems like it's not moving the bar - IF that's how this will still go....

Why the assumption of 1 credit equals 30 tier points?

People did not lose status. They lost benefits. Originally when the change came, D lost the lounge and only had a one night event and instead of a list of drinks which included wine beer soda etc only wine and champagne were free the rest was 25% discount. They computed points :1 credit was = to 7.25 days appox. The only problem was we had many 10/11 day cruises which were only converted to 7.25 days (a down grade) . In the same formula those that had 3/4 day cruises were given 7.25 days for each of those cruise credits. So no status was lost just benefits and actual days sailed were not true . Hope this makes sense.

We currently have 354 days at sea with RCCL and 31 credits on X.

Diamonds lost the Concierge Lounge 1+ years before conversion. No benefits were lost at the time of conversion.

The days cruised was an issue for some. Perhaps that is why Celebrity is using the "tier points", no one can relate those to days sailed.

Edited by Oville

LMAO.....their web site department just continues to shoot themselves in the foot. It really is to the point where you just have to laugh....

You stole the words out of my mouth, I have been laughing for ages reading this. You can feel the mass hysteria.

The only way this could have been a bigger mess was if it had been done on the 1st of April, then nobody would know if it was real or not.

What a day to be on the Captains Club phones, do you think someone in the Web Designers / IT department is going to get fired? No real work done today that's for sure, but plenty headache tablets taken.

Edited by buzzybuzzbuzz

But it's (probably) still just as easy to become Elite. It's just hard to become Zenith. :D

No way.

Many of us who do not live near the U.S. Ports, struggle to reach Elite, as we earn only 2 points per cruise, over 12 nights on board.

4/5 day cruises earn tier points rapidly.

I would be in favour of counting days at sea (95) whereas I only have earned 14 tier points.

Why the assumption of 1 credit equals 30 tier points?

Aria woman obviously read what the OP posted.

Edited by upwarduk

Us to. We also joined when you had to pay and credits were 1 point per cruise. They didn't have Concierge Class cabins and even longer cruises were 1 point.

I think we should also automatically become Zenith.

Color me confused. By the time I checked the website the new system had already been removed.

So is it actual prior points multiplied by 30 or another equation based on actual days sailed?

At my current 18 points I would have 540 points based on the 30 multiplier and maintain the "elite" status. if using the actual days sailed I might be "elite plus". I purchase the non alcohol package for the good coffees/teas so that is the one benefit I could use on my upcoming December sailing.

It seems X should wait for the new year or another date in the future to give people fair notice. They should also honor the old system for booked cruises for those that would now lose benefits ( newly non-elite). Otherwise it is bait and switch.

I saw the site before it was taken down and it didn't say how the conversion would work, all it had was the new categories and the points needed for each (the right side with the chart showing the points, being 3 total max for a cruise was the same as it always ways, i.e. not yet changed). Any talk of conversion right now is guessing based on what RCI did. I really want to know how the conversion will work.