Anthem of the Seas Big News

EJNutz

If she is based in the UK would that mean she would be there year round, or at least a larger portion of the year than RCI currently keeps ships in the EU market?

I am going to guess no. I think they will winter her in....drum roll please... Port Canaveral. But then again, she is built for cold weather, so maybe a few Southampton to NY transatlantic trips to give Cunard some competition?

I am going to guess no. I think they will winter her in....drum roll please... Port Canaveral. But then again, she is built for cold weather, so maybe a few Southampton to NY transatlantic trips to give Cunard some competition?

Yeah, I am guessing no as well--but one can always hope--or hope that at least they leave her in Europe for a longer season. I'd love to be able to do an Easter cruise again (our first RCI was at Easter out of BCN, but now no ships come back until after).

Well, what I would really love is to sail for Faschings (usually in February) -- but unless and until RCI keeps a ship in Europe year round, I doubt I will.

Watching the Live Streaming announcement now, and all I can say is "Where is The Wow", this is so dull

I hope the actual announcement has something interesting in it.

zzzzzz sorry but really this is dreadful and the men talking so far look like they are on a casual night out :eek:

Yeah, I am guessing no as well--but one can always hope--or hope that at least they leave her in Europe for a longer season. I'd love to be able to do an Easter cruise again (our first RCI was at Easter out of BCN, but now no ships come back until after).

Well, what I would really love is to sail for Faschings (usually in February) -- but unless and until RCI keeps a ship in Europe year round, I doubt I will.

You never know - if she is really popular, they may stay a bit longer...

I hope the actual announcement has something interesting in it.

I fear the acutal announcement was in the part which was not broadcasted... Obviously Adam Goldstein has already spoken at the beginning of the event telling that the Anthem will be homeported in Southampton and Fort Lauderdale...

steamboats