Poolside Caribbean Bands?

Karysa

I cruised Celebrity Summit from NJ to Bermuda (I know, not exactly the Caribbean) and they had an awesome pool band. In fact, I was very impressed with the quantity and quality of live music available all over the ship! The Singing/Dancing troupe put on two "jam session" type concerts, etc.

Edited by DonnaK

I cruised Celebrity Summit from NJ to Bermuda (I know, not exactly the Caribbean) and they had an awesome pool band. In fact, I was very impressed with the quantity and quality of live music available all over the ship! The Singing/Dancing troupe put on two "jam session" type concerts, etc.

The OP asked about a "Caribbean Band". I took this to mean steel drums and the like.

HAL does has a house band, and it does play at the pool. However, it is not a steel drums sort of thing.

Edited by CruiserBruce

The OP asked about a "Caribbean Band". I took this to mean steel drums and the like.

HAL does has a house band, and it does play at the pool. However, it is not a steel drums sort of thing.

NCL SUN had a band from Jamaican that played Bob Marley and a mix of Caribbean music, Jimmy Buffet and the standard vacation songs like Brown Eyed Sue and Red Red Wine. I love bands by the pool and detest big screens playing TV shows and video and, heaven forbid, the Hairiest Man Competition 3 stories high!:eek: I don't need the band to have Steele Drums, but that would be a nice bonus!:). Does the HAL house band play the standard Caribbean and Buffet fare?

I don't need the band to have Steele Drums, but that would be a nice bonus!:). Does the HAL house band play the standard Caribbean and Buffet fare?

Steel drums is about as Caribbean as you get...

HAL's house band will probably play some local flavor.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Every ship has some type of pool band or other that plays Caribbean music. Even the QM2 who visits there but, once a year has a Caribbean pool band.

Jonathan

Are you certain that ever cruiseship sailing the Caribbean has a poolside band that plays Caribbean music?

I have to give it to NCL on this one - every caribbean we have done with them has had a jamaican / reggae band on board

Royal caribbean and Celebrity had good bands but nothing jamaican/reggae

Yes that is what I am looking to find out. There has always been a great Caribbean band poolside on my Caribbean NCL cruises and I am wondering what other lines have this. On my last Carnival cruise in July from San Juan on the Valor there was not a Caribbean style poolside band and I was very disappointed.

Yes that is what I am looking to find out. There has always been a great Caribbean band poolside on my Caribbean NCL cruises and I am wondering what other lines have this. On my last Carnival cruise in July from San Juan on the Valor there was not a Caribbean style poolside band and I was very disappointed.

It seems that Carnival has dropped this. On our Western Caribbean cruise on the Freedom last summer, there was no poolside Caribbean band. I missed it.

We did get our reggae fix by going on the Bob Marley bus in Jamaica. :)

Huh??!! :confused: I have never been on a RCI cruise that didn't have a poolside reggae band, including just last week on the Allure. Every RCI ship has them, and has had them for as long as I've been sailing with them.

Edited by Aquahound

Huh??!! :confused: I have never been on a RCI cruise that didn't have a poolside reggae band, including just last week on the Allure. Every RCI ship has them, and has had them for as long as I've been sailing with them.

I remember asking for a particular reggae song on an RCL ship, and being told by a band member that they were a calypso band, not a reggae band.

I have to give it to NCL on this one - every caribbean we have done with them has had a jamaican / reggae band on board

Celebrity has had steel drum band on most if not all sailings we have been on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk