Chops

murrayghj

Ordering multiple appetizers is not a problem, however you may have trouble finishing dinner!

Very true! I actually ordered three once against the advise of our server, as I was expecting the servings to be smaller like the MDR. The portions are huge! The onion soup was the best I have ever had.....

Anyone know how good their shrimp cocktail is? I find the MDR shrimp small & limp - like the cheap shrimp rings found grocery stores. But, a nice firm, cold shrimp is to die for!

the shrimp in the Chops appetizer are jumbo shrimp - I think there were 4. Very nice.

the shrimp in the Chops appetizer are jumbo shrimp - I think there were 4. Very nice.

Excellent.. thanks! I may have to get that, and the Onion Soup - I am assuming it's French Onion soup with the toasted bread/cheese on top?

432.jpg

Edited by Toddcan

The shrimp are bigger but no better than those served in MDR which I consder average frozen shrimp nothing special about them.

So what are you looking for the shrimp to be like??? They are nice big jumbo size shrimp in Chops. Shrimp cocktail in both places was good! You have have me scratching my head on your reply!

Anyone know how good their shrimp cocktail is? I find the MDR shrimp small & limp - like the cheap shrimp rings found grocery stores. But, a nice firm, cold shrimp is to die for!

Excellent and very large shrimps to along with the onion soup and the petit filet mignon.

My husband and I ordered both a salad and an appetizer, server warned us not to and we did regret it!

I usually order a salad and an appetizer and have never had a server warn me not to. I don't eat much of the sides, so I can almost always finish my main course. I've actually had servers try to get me to order more than I want - I usually get the petite filet, and a waitress insisted that I get the 12-oz. I said no, but she brought it anyway and I couldn't (and didn't want to) finish it. "Children are starving in Europe" kept running through my brain, but it didn't work.

So what are you looking for the shrimp to be like??? They are nice big jumbo size shrimp in Chops. Shrimp cocktail in both places was good! You have have me scratching my head on your reply!

They are often over-frozen and poorly thawed, causing them to be soft.

Fresh would be nice.

Edited by time4u2go

My experience is that the MDR shrimp cocktail is horrible! I love shrimp, and I have tried to order it at least twice that I can remember. Not once was it good. soft, almost room temp, limp, ... gross.

Sounds like the chops one is better. Looking forward to it.

We been to Chops on many ships and never denied anything, unfortunately there really are no appetizers for me to have other than salad or smoke duck because I need to be gluten free and I can't eat seafood, wished they add another item or two on the menu it be nice as we dine there 2-3 times on each cruise.