Crazy C&A Survey for Independence??

Mystaken

I got one of the survey emails being discussed. I forwarded it to a friend of mine who works for RCCL. It reeks of phishing to me...the email that it came from did not have the RCCL domain as part of the return address....it smells phishy to me.

I got one like this months ago, and in fact it was fraudulent and my friend forwarded it to their appropriate channels within their legal department.

Is Royal Caribbean giving out our email addresses?

Sorry, but unless you booked a suite originally, you won't get double points. Points are based on what you originally booked. If you want double points, watch for price drops and pay to upgrade.

OMG you mean that I would have to have booked a suite and paid for it and actually went on this cruise to get double cruise points????? Maybe I should have watched for price drops and paid the upgrade on a cruise I did not go on! I will try to remember next time. :eek:

I believe you take things way to seriously!:D

OMG you mean that I would have to have booked a suite and paid for it and actually went on this cruise to get double cruise points????? Maybe I should have watched for price drops and paid the upgrade on a cruise I did not go on! I will try to remember next time. :eek:

I believe you take things way to seriously!:D

What are you talking about? Your post makes no sense at all!

I'm glad that your's was a different set of questions.

These are from one of the pages in the survey I received:

How much do you agree with the following:

It was easy and convenient to have the added drink vouchers pre-loaded on my SeaPass card

The added drink vouchers enhanced my overall cruise experience

I found myself using my added drink vouchers instead of going to Diamond/Concierge lounge

I have not received the survey that you did. I would like to because we cruise with Royal Caribbean at least 15 times a year and would like to add my comments.

Sounds like they are trying to justify the program based on the phrasing of the questions. Where you on the Independence TA? I don't cruise as much as you but am D+ and am concerned about the future of the CL.

I am sure RCCl is not giving out our emails. Phishing email scams are not new. The company somehow finds peoples emails (as here on Cruise Critic, is probably an easy way to accomplish it) and then sends out 'official looking emails as surveys or other fairly innocent looking marketing tactics) to verify the emails that they have found.

I received an email from my friend at RCCL, who thanked me for forwarding to him a copy of the email that I received. He also was suspicious, and was going to forward it to the appropriate department within RCCL.

Every email I have ever gotten from RCCL came with an email address that had @rccl.com as the domain name. Anything else to me, is phishy.

I am sure RCCl is not giving out our emails. Phishing email scams are not new. The company somehow finds peoples emails (as here on Cruise Critic, is probably an easy way to accomplish it) and then sends out 'official looking emails as surveys or other fairly innocent looking marketing tactics) to verify the emails that they have found.

I received an email from my friend at RCCL, who thanked me for forwarding to him a copy of the email that I received. He also was suspicious, and was going to forward it to the appropriate department within RCCL.

Every email I have ever gotten from RCCL came with an email address that had @rccl.com as the domain name. Anything else to me, is phishy.

Well, maybe. I don't recall ever giving out my email address on a message board.

I have no intention of responding, but I don't think its a phishing email. I suspect that it is the usual RCCL IT lack of communication/marketing skills!

Still waiting for any RCL emails on surveys or promotions......bugged them repeatedly for a year to get them but so far nada.:( somehow we were dumped off their mailing list and can't get back on.....but IT is working on it we were told in C&As latest reply email.:rolleyes:

No, like more than half of Fortune 500 companies, they contract with Qualtrix to conduct these types of surveys. Email addresses are generally supplied to a bonded fulfillment house. Qualtrix delivers the survey instrument to the fulfillment house, along with the number of survey responses RCCL is seeking. Qualtrix never sees any of the email addresses, just the response results which they compile and send to RCCL.

Edited by orville99

Well, maybe. I don't recall ever giving out my email address on a message board.

It doesn't matter whether you gave out your email or not....often people use their names especially adding personal information in their profile; their are various ways a person who is devious enough can find someone's email address if they have just some personal information...that is the problem with 'how many different places our personal information is held'.

Add to that, that people know what you like, by the participation you have on message boards (for instance) or they search through Facebook, or other social media sites to find our more about you....all to eventually entice you into something they want to solicit you for, some of which may not be on the up and up.

When I got that email, it just did not sound very legit to me.

[quote name='Don Pedro']Sounds like they are trying to justify the program based on the phrasing of the questions. Where you on the Independence TA? I don't cruise as much as you but am D+ and am concerned about the future of the CL.[/QUOTE]

Yes I was on the ID TransAtlantic; the diamond drink coupon trial was a mixed bag. It had both good and bad aspects and I really would like to have had the opportunity to offer suggestions or give my input. I guess that is why I received the diamond coupon survey rather than the general one. Unfortunately, it didn't address my concerns.

I totally agree with you about the phrasing of questions as well as the future of the CL.

I have never been on the Independence but got the survey. I completed it and took advantage of the one question that allowed an "essay" type answer to complain about the changes to the RCI Visa points program. Think I should sit at home by the phone, waiting for them to call me and ask why I don't like it? :rolleyes:

[quote name='PH8']I got it too............never been on ID...........kinda strange it asks about your cruise,but the first two questions,ask if you have ever cruised before and if so,on RCCL??:confused:[/QUOTE]

Wow, I thought I had received this in error, as I haven't sailed on the Indy since about 2009 or so, but am booked on her again in the spring. Now I see that it seems that there is absolutely no rhyme or reason as to why most people got the survey. I, too, deleted it.

Frankly, I missed the line about Independence and just thought it was a generic questionnaire.
We have sailed numerous times on RCCL and have a cruise booked on Rhapsody for 09/2014 so I just thought they were contacting C&A members.
I did complete the survey and there were no questions about the Independence or drink vouchers.
You had to rate preferences for amenities and services.

It seemed that in some instances, they want to know if people preferred bathrobes or early disembarkation. Those are just some comparisons to the way questions were aasked.

Personally, I would never select early disembarkation. Drag me off the ship kicking and screaming!

[quote name='wolfcathorse']I got it, I have never been in IN, I started it and got stuck on the question "what cruise lines have you been on" and they didn't list Royal Caribbean as that's the only cruise line I've been on. That's when I deleted it.[/QUOTE]

You probably missed the first part of the question that started with "Other than Royal Caribbean,..." Edited by orville99