Concierge cabins

newyorkray

I usually book concierge cabins, usually C1 since I can't see paying alot more for a suite when I am hardly in the cabin (Norwegian upgraded me to the "Haven suite" for only $400 more for 2 but I didn't really get to enjoy in because we are out all the time) However, my question is what is the difference between C1,C2 and C3 three? It can't be the location because I am booked on the Reflection and deck 10 has all three classes of concierge and there isn't much difference in location. As a many of fact, what is the difference between a Veranda cabin and Concierge except for the few appitizers each day and a tote bag? I have never seen a concierge person.

I usually book concierge cabins, usually C1 since I can't see paying alot more for a suite when I am hardly in the cabin (Norwegian upgraded me to the "Haven suite" for only $400 more for 2 but I didn't really get to enjoy in because we are out all the time) However, my question is what is the difference between C1,C2 and C3 three? It can't be the location because I am booked on the Reflection and deck 10 has all three classes of concierge and there isn't much difference in location. As a many of fact, what is the difference between a Veranda cabin and Concierge except for the few appitizers each day and a tote bag? I have never seen a concierge person.

Location. C1 should be more mid-ship and aft. Next closest to mid-ship would be C2 and then C3.

what is the difference between a Veranda cabin and Concierge except for the few appitizers each day and a tote bag? I have never seen a concierge person.

The concierge class cabins have foot stools on the balconies, the veranda cabins do not. And there are some perks like priority boarding and a free bottle of sparkling wine that don't matter to many folks. On the S-class ships, the main difference is location, as the cabin interiors are the same size. (Balcony sizes may vary on the hump and in the stern.) On the M-class ships, the interiors of the concierge class cabins are larger than the interiors of the veranda class cabins.

Well we stayed standard, than con, and now standard...

the room, is supposed to have a shower head. thicker towels flowers, wine, tote bag, Binaculars.. all noted in a brochure?

As for the balcony If It does have a foot chair, we'll see this time, and say yeah right con vs standard. no big deal.

Guess weall can save a few hundred, and walk on with our own flowers, wine and a tote for a lot less, even a milk crate to rest our feet, heck the bin under the bed works for me Lol

The concierge class cabins have foot stools on the balconies, the veranda cabins do not. And there are some perks like priority boarding and a free bottle of sparkling wine that don't matter to many folks. On the S-class ships, the main difference is location, as the cabin interiors are the same size. (Balcony sizes may vary on the hump and in the stern.) On the M-class ships, the interiors of the concierge class cabins are larger than the interiors of the veranda class cabins.

There are no footstools in concierge on the M class, at least, not on Summit this year.

Calling it "concierge" is just a marketing word -- there is no concierge person that comes with the room. The differences are slight at best, though you get more points toward Captain's Club status.

It's a marketing gimmick. Tell us a thing is special, and some of us will conclude that it is so.

If earlier boarding matters to you, this is also a perk. We've always been treated well on Celebrity but concierge class was definitely a wonderful upgrade for us. I am also one to use the tote bag -- not just the flimsy one that is in every cabin. It is actually one you could use over and over.

I liked having the afternoon canapés and fresh flowers in our room. It did seem as though they would scoot us to the head of the line for dinner. The location of the cabin we had was awesome on the Equinox. I also read that the towels were showing their age but we had plush new fluffy towels in our cabin -- and best of all, a pillow menu. The robes are supposed to be nicer -- they are heavy weight -- the waffle weave is just as nice in my opinion.

Those footstools on the balcony as so great -- we napped out there often.

Once we tried concierge, we were convinced to try aqua and although the cabin wasn't quite as nice (we had a hump balcony on the concierge), I would book aqua class in a heartbeat. Loved the relaxation lounge, the Persian gardens and most of all, Blu.

Oh, the extra points are pretty phenomenal....even though I know they are now calculated differently. Still -- 5 points per day for CC and AQ. NICE

The cabins are all the same size. It really comes down to location. Then its some of the C1, C2 have bigger balconies on the humps.

Thanks all for info! Hoping to go on the Constellation in March 2013. In looking at the diagram of the cabins, there are a few C1 rooms that look way bigger - cabin 6143 and 6144. Has anyone had these cabins and what can you tell me about it. Thanks in advance for you help. Celebrating our 30th anniversary. Happy cruising :cool:

Thanks all for info! Hoping to go on the Constellation in March 2013. In looking at the diagram of the cabins, there are a few C1 rooms that look way bigger - cabin 6143 and 6144. Has anyone had these cabins and what can you tell me about it. Thanks in advance for you help. Celebrating our 30th anniversary. Happy cruising :cool:

Yes, 6143 and 6144 are a bit larger than the standard CC cabin. The balconies are a lot larger. And have loungers. Same comments apply to 6135 and 6136. I've sailed several times in 6143 and loved it. Good splurge for your 30th anniversary.

The Concierge is one of those perks that are really meaningless. There is a concierge but he/she is available to everyone on the ship. The priority boarding is just a separate line, often the regular lines are shorter. No one has ever been able to figure out what the dining preferences are.

I would not book a Concierge cabin on an S class ship unless they were the same price, they are basically the same as veranda. M class ship is a different story with some concierge cabins having more room and larger veranda's.

I agree. I don't book CC on S class ships. There are other cabins that have bigger balconies and are cheaper. The cabins are the same. I'll go for the bigger balcony every time! But I think CC is usually quite worth it on M class ships for the larger cabin, unless the price is way out of line.

Hey, Happy Cruiser 6143--on the S class ships, which categories/decks/cabins have the "bigger balconies"? I'm looking at a 12-day on the Solstice next September. We've loved aft-facing balconies on other lines but the Sunset Verandas are too pricey for this trip.

Would appreciate any and all input--thanks !

I think on the S class ships the larger balcony they are referring to are on the angle of the hump. The 1A class is the standard balcony, not CC or AQ but with the nice angled balcony. Of course they are priced higher than the other standard balcony rooms.

Hey, Happy Cruiser 6143--on the S class ships, which categories/decks/cabins have the "bigger balconies"? I'm looking at a 12-day on the Solstice next September. We've loved aft-facing balconies on other lines but the Sunset Verandas are too pricey for this trip.

Would appreciate any and all input--thanks !

Book a 1A on the slant off the hump. The first and the third cabins off the hump have the largest balconies, about 3X the size of a regular balcony. The second and fourth cabins off the hump have a balcony about 2X the size of a regular balcony. Since the cabins are all the same, might as well go for a bigger balcony.

Yes, 6143 and 6144 are a bit larger than the standard CC cabin. The balconies are a lot larger. And have loungers. Same comments apply to 6135 and 6136. I've sailed several times in 6143 and loved it. Good splurge for your 30th anniversary.

Thanks Linda for the good information. Hoping hubby will let me book it pretty quickly before those rooms are gone. We have only been on Celebrity once and enjoyed it.

Book a 1A on the slant off the hump. The first and the third cabins off the hump have the largest balconies, about 3X the size of a regular balcony. The second and fourth cabins off the hump have a balcony about 2X the size of a regular balcony. Since the cabins are all the same, might as well go for a bigger balcony.

Thank you, Linda!

Looking at the deck plans for the S Class ships - basically the C1's are all located at the stern on decks 9 and 10. C2's are located mid-ship whilst the C3's are closer to the bow and stern. There are some C2's on deck 12 amongst the suites as well it seems.

Had Aqua on Equinox 12 nite Med in May 2013, lousy storage for 2 women/no drawers/big container over the beds/hard for short person to reach

or stuff would fall out when opened/ worse storage arrangement I have had ever in cabin; better in Bathroom. It works best if bed by balcony/ask for that.......Blue was nothing special; IMHO, more sugar, maybe less fat/you can buy Persian Gardens for $99 for entire cruise and less for 2.

Had C3 on Connie to Baltic/12 nite in May 2012/loved the storage and they always got us right into Anytime Dining or wherever at the head of the line!

I booked C2 on Century this April, 2013.....even if they had Aqua Class!

Barb:o

Had Aqua on Equinox 12 nite Med in May 2013, lousy storage for 2 women/no drawers/big container over the beds/hard for short person to reach

or stuff would fall out when opened/ worse storage arrangement I have had ever in cabin; better in Bathroom. It works best if bed by balcony/ask for that.......Blue was nothing special; IMHO, more sugar, maybe less fat/you can buy Persian Gardens for $99 for entire cruise and less for 2.

Had C3 on Connie to Baltic/12 nite in May 2012/loved the storage and they always got us right into Anytime Dining or wherever at the head of the line!

I booked C2 on Century this April, 2013.....even if they had Aqua Class!

Barb:o

Oh great to hear, Barb! We are C3 accessible on next cruise, 1022. We did have Concierge on Century and butler was in constant service, too much really, always walking in on us, serving this or that.

sandie

As in real estate, the location is prime. On S class ships, the concierge cabins and regular veranda cabins are the same size. M class ships concierge cabins are 20 sq. ft. larger than standard. Do I sail in concierge? Not usually. Most concierge cabins are in less desirable locations. On an upcoming cruise on S class ship, we are in standard veranda on deck 6. It is in a nice quiet location. Last cruise on S class I paid more for a "better" cabin and was often disturbed by noise. Years ago I was persuaded by a TA to book high level cabin under the pool deck. For the extra money, I got the added feature of lots of noise overhead. Be careful. Do not think that a higher priced cabin is better. Concierge cabins are not always in the best locations. The extra perks may or may not be of value to you. With the new point system, the concierge cabins do get you 5 points per night as compared to 3 points for a standard cabin. If you are trying to reach a higher level in the Captains Club the extra points may be attractive. Weigh the cost and benefits. And remember, location...location...location.