SORRY coffee card question

putty27

on the Carribean Princess last week

Sorry, OP don't want to hijack this thread, but sailing on the Carribean Princess on the 14th, and unfortunately lol, I am a coffee junkee.

llachance, did you happen to use room service and order coffee, and did you happen to order any specialty coffees after dinner in the MDR? Any chance of a "review" on the coffee on the CP? TIA.

Raoul

ate in the Island Dining room so just walked out the door, after we ate, and got my latte. The biggest thing was my husband being able to get coffee at any venue without paying. IE when we were playing bingo, if you had a coffee card, you could get coffee without paying elsewise you would have had to go up to the Lido to get it. He got most of his coffee at the international café (brewed) and it was pretty good. What they had in the dining rooms would please most people as well, although it was the syrup, it was Hot, not lukewarm, which is always a plus for me. My latte would stay hot for the entire cup - also don't forget that the food at the international café is free. A lot of people weren't aware so that meant more donuts for me :)

Sorry, OP don't want to hijack this thread, but sailing on the Carribean Princess on the 14th, and unfortunately lol, I am a coffee junkee.

llachance, did you happen to use room service and order coffee, and did you happen to order any specialty coffees after dinner in the MDR? Any chance of a "review" on the coffee on the CP? TIA.

Raoul

Caribbean Princess:

Coffee in the buffet, room service, and DR is prepared from a liquid concentrate. The international cafe has brewed coffee and espresso drinks for a price. You can purchase them separately or purchase the coffee card which gives you 15 specialty coffee drinks and unlimited brewed coffee & tea for the voyage. Unused punches can be used on future cruises, but the unlimited option is only for one cruise. The coffee card is $31 including the 15% tip. At the international cafe you can get coffee drinks in take away paper cups, or in china ware. You can go to the counter and get it yourself or sit down and have the waiter serve you. You can use the coffee card in the DR to get specialty coffee drinks after dinner. The international cafe. has a nice selection of paninis, salads, soup and desserts at no charge to go with your coffee.

Raoul

You cannot use the card through room service on any Princess ship.

Caribbean Princess:

Coffee in the buffet, room service, and DR is prepared from a liquid concentrate. The international cafe has brewed coffee and espresso drinks for a price. You can purchase them separately or purchase the coffee card which gives you 15 specialty coffee drinks and unlimited brewed coffee & tea for the voyage. Unused punches can be used on future cruises, but the unlimited option is only for one cruise. The coffee card is $31 including the 15% tip. At the international cafe you can get coffee drinks in take away paper cups, or in china ware. You can go to the counter and get it yourself or sit down and have the waiter serve you. You can use the coffee card in the DR to get specialty coffee drinks after dinner. The international cafe. has a nice selection of paninis, salads, soup and desserts at no charge to go with your coffee.

I have a coffee card with only a few punches. Can I use this card on my next CP cruise? I normally have plain brewed coffee.

Thanks,

Sharon

I have a coffee card with only a few punches. Can I use this card on my next CP cruise? I normally have plain brewed coffee.

Thanks,

Sharon

You can but they will punch your old card for each brewed coffee you order as they do for specialty coffees. On the Star we used up 2 old cards that way and then purchased a new one from the Star for specialty brews. Have several punches left for brewed coffee in Feb!!

Can I use this card on my next CP cruise? I normally have plain brewed coffee.
FYI, the "CP" is the Sea Princess. The Caribbean is "CB", Coral is "CO" and Crown is "KP." These are the Princess abbreviations and used on CC so people know which ship you're referring to.

ate in the Island Dining room so just walked out the door, after we ate, and got my latte. The biggest thing was my husband being able to get coffee at any venue without paying. IE when we were playing bingo, if you had a coffee card, you could get coffee without paying elsewise you would have had to go up to the Lido to get it. He got most of his coffee at the international café (brewed) and it was pretty good. What they had in the dining rooms would please most people as well, although it was the syrup, it was Hot, not lukewarm, which is always a plus for me. My latte would stay hot for the entire cup - also don't forget that the food at the international café is free. A lot of people weren't aware so that meant more donuts for me :)

Thanks for the info. I joined a company that has a Starbucks in the lobby and am now a brewed coffee/specialty addict. So the donuts are "special", like in the no calorie type right?

Caribbean Princess:

Thanks for the info and about the unused punches tip.

You cannot use the card through room service on any Princess ship.

Multi quote must be limited to two. Thanks for the room service answer. My DS tells me to just get my "exercise" in the morning, and pick up a brewed coffee with a bonus calorie free donut.

Looking forward to my first Princess cruise in March, Island westbound Panama Canal. My question about the coffee card - is it passenger specific, or can anyone use it? That is, if I buy a card, can DH also use it?

We enjoy an occasional frou frou coffee, just trying to determine how to use the card!

Looking forward to my first Princess cruise in March, Island westbound Panama Canal. My question about the coffee card - is it passenger specific, or can anyone use it? That is, if I buy a card, can DH also use it?

We enjoy an occasional frou frou coffee, just trying to determine how to use the card!

Yes he can.

On the Coral in July they had an insulated souvenir coffee mug that could be purchased for $5 when buying a coffee card. It was not displayed however they had them available to purchase in their cabinet.

Coffee card punches can be used by anyone.

FYI, the "CP" is the Sea Princess. The Caribbean is "CB", Coral is "CO" and Crown is "KP." These are the Princess abbreviations and used on CC so people know which ship you're referring to.

Thank you. I have been going crazy trying to workout what CB was.:p

I believe they stopped doing that. Sad but true. They stopped just about the time someone stole mine at work. Now I have to use one of the Coke mugs.

Well, that is just plain mean! I think you will have to go on another cruise to recoup your mug...;)

Is it true that the coffee card can be used for gelato? We've never sailed princess so this is new to us. Thanks.

We just got off the Royal Princess and used our coffee card for gelato. One punch for 3 scoops!

By the way, the coffee in Horizon Court was not syrup based. They have new machines and use ground coffee. In my opinion, it was quite a bit better than the syrup-based coffee on the other Princess ships. I did not feel the need to use my coffee card for brewed coffee. I did buy another coffee card towards the end of the trip to use some extra OBC and plan to use it on the Ruby over Christmas for egg nog lattes!

Edited by erber

We just got off the Royal Princess and used our coffee card for gelato. One punch for 3 scoops!

By the way, the coffee in Horizon Court was not syrup based. They have new machines and use ground coffee. In my opinion, it was quite a bit better than the syrup-based coffee on the other Princess ships. I did not feel the need to use my coffee card for brewed coffee. I did buy another coffee card towards the end of the trip to use some extra OBC and plan to use it on the Ruby over Christmas for egg nog lattes!

We used several coffee card punches for ice cream treats at Gelato. They also had crepes for a coffee card punch which my wife loves but it was only available after 2:00PM so she never got it. Servings are large & splitting one may be enough for most of us.

We also thought the HC coffee was better using the new coffeemakers. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

You can still buy the thermal mug separately, but they stopped offering it as a bonus with the purchase of a coffee card back in January 2012. We didn't buy it on our 7 night Dec 2011 So Carib cruise, figuring we'd get one on our 14 night April 2012 TA, but they had stopped the bonus offer and have never offered it again. I confirmed this with a head barrista only last month. Too bad...

You can still buy the thermal mug separately, but they stopped offering it as a bonus with the purchase of a coffee card back in January 2012. We didn't buy it on our 7 night Dec 2011 So Carib cruise, figuring we'd get one on our 14 night April 2012 TA, but they had stopped the bonus offer and have never offered it again. I confirmed this with a head barrista only last month. Too bad...

On the Coral in July they cost $5 when purchasing a coffee card which was less than in the gift shop.