gordylad

Ridiculous......12 night cruise in June.........:eek:

Discounts:

Best cruise fare shown

Cruise Fare: £3,978.00

Taxes & Fees:Help £126.00

Gratuities: £178.56

Total GBP £4,282.56

All Celebrity prices for sailings in Europe are ridiculous, who can afford balcony room for 11 day cruise for 2 over $5K :confused:??? Also round trip flight is at least is over $2K...

I cringe when I look at how the fares have gone up in the last year. We just won't fall for it and if we do get some kind of a better deal we will jump on it. We've taken Med. cruises three out of the last four years, had decent veranda cabins, and paid nothing like what they are asking now. I think we will just take our chances and see what the last minute (after final payment) fares will be. Where and what the cabin will be is not that important to us as long as we can see outside. Verandas are nice but not for another $1000-$2000.

I absolutely agree! We will look for domestic options if prices do not come down

Sometimes it seems like crusing, along with flying has taken a huge leap. I guess we still need to remember supply and demand. We were lucky to book onboard last May/June for our Baltic cruise and save over $2,000 with great OBC. However, i may also give cruising a rest and stay in the States for next year or possibly return to Aus/NZ. There are lots of people who are quite wealthy and can afford these high prices, so we will just have to see what the future brings! Right now some care more about point conversions...others are just plan rude when they respond to fellow CC members. It is all taking its toll.

Edited by Lastdance

Yes, prices for the Med are at an all time high for the summer. We have cruised every summer for the past 6 years and I do believe we are realistic in our expectations re price. We, as teachers, have to travel at the height of the season and therefore understand we must pay a premium. We are from the UK and therefore don't qualify for teacher rates. We are quite happy to pay between£100 and £150 a day that's $150 and $225. The 2c cabins are sitting around £182 a day and AQ £215 that's $ 273 and $ 332. Just too much.

For those that book early Celebrity don't price match if they charter out your cruise so even forward planning hasn't helped us this year. We are also playing a wait and see game as the Med cruises don't seem to have any offers. The 123 go

Information only seems to be for the Caribbean.

Might have to a land based Holiday for us next year.

Discounts:

Best cruise fare shown

Total GBP £4,282.56

All Celebrity prices for sailings in Europe are ridiculous, who can afford balcony room for 11 day cruise for 2 over $5K :confused:??? Also round trip flight is at least is over $2K...

Pay NO attention those P.T. Barnum inspired prices!!! Step right up!!!

Book NOW!!! Book EARLY!!!! Get your FAVORITE cabin!!!

Enjoy the MANY long months of ANTICIPATION planning for your cruise!!!

Take advantage of the PERSONALIZED SERVICE to "manage" your reservation!

Pay WHATEVER price Celebrity marketeers think they can get...just because!

I have been on exactly FIVE Celebrity cruises and am now "elite."

Each was 14 or 15 nights, the prices were $799, $599, $609, $599 and $449.

Each included a MINIMUM of $250 OBC, up to a maximum $400 OBC.

But I digress... back to marketing... Step right up! Book NOW! Book EARLY!

Yes, prices for the Med are at an all time high for the summer. We have cruised every summer for the past 6 years and I do believe we are realistic in our expectations re price. We, as teachers, have to travel at the height of the season and therefore understand we must pay a premium. We are from the UK and therefore don't qualify for teacher rates. We are quite happy to pay between£100 and £150 a day that's $150 and $225. The 2c cabins are sitting around £182 a day and AQ £215 that's $ 273 and $ 332. Just too much.

For those that book early Celebrity don't price match if they charter out your cruise so even forward planning hasn't helped us this year. We are also playing a wait and see game as the Med cruises don't seem to have any offers. The 123 go

Information only seems to be for the Caribbean.

Might have to a land based Holiday for us next year.

We were in exactly the same situation last year. It was getting towards the end of May and we still had nothing booked for the summer, cruise or land based. I had my eye on a med cruise on Reflection but although there was still plenty of availability the price wasn't dropping. I happened to look on a USA cruise website and the price was ridiculously cheap (less than £800 for 11 nights balcony guarantee and a free speciality meal and some OBC) so I decided to give it a go and it worked out brilliantly. Our cabins were assigned within a couple of days of booking and because it was booked in the US we were able to switch within the grade assigned to better cabins (we ended up with 2 interconnecting mid ship deck 7 unconstructed cabins and could not have been happier). It was quite stressful thinking that we hadn't got anything booked and might not get away but the savings were worth it and we had a great time. We booked the flights separately and flew in the day before for safety. The prices never did drop in the UK so if we hadn't booked in the US we wouldn't have gone on the cruise.

We were in exactly the same situation last year. It was getting towards the end of May and we still had nothing booked for the summer, cruise or land based. I had my eye on a med cruise on Reflection but although there was still plenty of availability the price wasn't dropping. I happened to look on a USA cruise website and the price was ridiculously cheap (less than £800 for 11 nights balcony guarantee and a free speciality meal and some OBC) so I decided to give it a go and it worked out brilliantly. Our cabins were assigned within a couple of days of booking and because it was booked in the US we were able to switch within the grade assigned to better cabins (we ended up with 2 interconnecting mid ship deck 7 unconstructed cabins and could not have been happier). It was quite stressful thinking that we hadn't got anything booked and might not get away but the savings were worth it and we had a great time. We booked the flights separately and flew in the day before for safety. The prices never did drop in the UK so if we hadn't booked in the US we wouldn't have gone on the cruise.

I assume you had e tickets.

Time was passengers had to have a US postal address to book through a USA web site.

Good to hear it worked out well.

We telephoned the US to make the payment using our credit card (the full amount being due as it was past final payment). We were immediately given our booking reference number and logged on to the website to see our booking, which again was there as soon as we got off the phone (Skype). Our agent emailed an invoice over and we just did online check in, as we normally would in the UK, and that was our ticket. Our agent was very helpful and was happy to change our cabins/dining arrangements as requested by us.

Prices were down in the past 5 years due to the recession. I got a few good deals. Since the recovery , prices are up. People are booking. If people are willing to pay the higher prices, the Celebrity wins. If people do not book at higher prices, prices drop. It is simple economics. You decide. Book or not. If you do not like the high prices, do not book. As long as people book, prices will stay high.

Discounts:

Best cruise fare shown

Total GBP £4,282.56

We have a 14 night baltic cruise with 2 free drink packages and $200 cabin credit. We paid £4000 and are very happy. We are also staying in Aqua. I think the prices are up because the 123 go is out this week in the UK. There should be a few good offers then. Its showing £5200 for the next door cabin at the moment :eek:

Whenever pricing is discussed, it always seems the highest possible prices are listed, then whoa is me. Or someone lists out how they got a Presidential Suite for $99.

You pick what you can afford and what you want to do. If it isn't worth it to you, don't do it.

PT Barnum it

A goodly number say how much cheaper they got it then you did, and a goodly number bemoan how much everything is. A grain (or truckload) of caution is needed when reading pricing posts. Oh, the OP is from the UK, so I should say 'lorry'.

What I pay is my personal business and I don't share it with anyone, because there will Always be someone who says they got it cheaper and if the idea that there is someone somewhere on your cruise that got a better deal will ruin your cruise, it Will be ruined.

Den

Edited by Denny01