Flight times out of FLL

tinykygal

I have posted this on FLA departures, still waiting for response.

Our ship is scheduled to dock in FLL @ 7 a.m. Assuming on time & realizing we don't have priority disembarking, do you think a new flight would suffice?

Also, would taxi be the cheapest and most efficient mode of transportation?

Thank you as this will be our first cruise from FLL

Hi all!

I just did this getting off the Allure around 9:15 but not through the long line at Customs until 10'ish for a 12:05 flight home to Canada. I took a cab & noticed that there is a minimum charge of $10 to the airport. I paid $16 including tip.

Hope this helps.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi all!

I just did this getting off the Allure around 9:15 but not through the long line at Customs until 10'ish for a 12:05 flight home to Canada. I took a cab & noticed that there is a minimum charge of $10 to the airport. I paid $16 including tip.

Hope this helps.

~ Jo ~ :)

You have to be careful with the taxi's at Port Everglades. There is no flat rate and you should ensure the driver runs the meter. It is a county ordinance I believe that the taxi's only go by metered fare. The normal taxi fare to the airport (FLL) should be in the $12-$16 range.

Don't be so swift to book an much earlier flight. The noon flight will be just fine.

You did not say where you are coming from. If you are on a closed loop Caribbean cruise it's one thing. If you are on a transatlantic or repositioning cruise customs and immigration will take longer but a noon flight is very doable.

You can also take advantage of the luggage valet service if your airline and cruise line offer it. It's worth every penny.

Why end a wonderful cruise with the anxiety of making a flight at an unreasonable time.

With a noon flight, you will have about 2+ hours to wait at the airport.

At FLL (from Pt. Everglades), you can do an earlier flight, if there is one!

Maybe the OP is not planning to rush right off the ship after it is cleared and will take a leisurely morning on the ship and time their departure from the ship to get to the airport in time for the flight and not have 2+ hours in the airport.

To the OP, a noon flight is an excellent time. You won't have to rush off the ship (unless you really want to). With the airport being close by you can wait to leave the ship at your leisure and still make your flight in time.

The only thing that could change this is if there were to be issues such as the ship arriving late or a delay in Customs & Immigration.

Sorry, NOON, as in 12:00. Not 'new'. :)

Plenty of time. If you want to get off early and avoid the hassle of finding your luggage in the terminal, and lines at customs, sign up to self disembark and carry it off yourself. Not recommending this, but we have made 9:30 flts with no problem(when we do this, we always have later backups). Just mentioned that to illustrate why FLL is our favorite port, about 10-15 minutes by taxi to airport, for $20 , including a nice tip. Can't figure why anyone does anything except taxi.

Edited by MermaidWatcher