Do you use a hanging toiletry bag or a shoe hanger?

LHC

I remember studying these boards all the time before my first cruise. Shared that experience with my daughter and we did use the plastic hanging shoe bag.Now as a solo which would be lighter and better?

Depends on how you want to use the bag. If you are traveling solo you'll have a lot more closet shelf space so might not need the shoe bag for shoes or to corral your odds and ends. The cosmetic bag would probably come in handy if you carry a lot of cosmetics or hair products and accessories. I sometimes carry a lightweight hanging bag that has shelves and can be used for shoes or purses. It is only about 8 inches wide and hangs from the closet rod. There are 8 shelves and it is easy to see what is stored there. Could also be used for beachwear, rolled up t-shirts, etc.

I use a hanging toiletry bag. I traveled alone a lot when I worked and found it worked best for me because I stored all my travel toiletries in it and it was ready to go when I was. It has pockets inside to separate things and a hook that I hang from the towel hook on the back of the bathroom door.

When I started cruising with my late DH, I continued to use it out of habit. Now that I am solo cruising it continues to work best for me.

We have never used one ever. We pack the mesh cube bags. They work great and fit on the shelf underneath in the washroom or in a closet.

they are also great if you are staying in a hotel pre or post cruise as you don't have to take your items out and worry about the drawers. :)

We've never had a problem doing this whether it be in ocean view, verandah or suite :) (but I confess, my shoes are limited) :p

I bought a cheap cloth over the door shoe hanger at the Dollar Store and then spent the time to reinforce all the flimsy stitching with my sewing machine. It is now quite sturdy and lightweight to boot. I hang it from the door hooks and use it for odds and ends.

. We use the over the closet shoe bag and put things like sun tan lotion,batteries, etc.Meds go in mesh bags.

Ditto. We hang it on the bathroom door - on the outside. One pocket holds all the receipts for onboard purchases.

Absolutely not. Surplus to requirements and would never 'earn' a place in our luggage. Besides, we only pack one pair of shoes over and above what we wear.

I believe us ladies use it for "odds and ends"....not shoes. Shoes go in the closet.

Absolutely not. Surplus to requirements and would never 'earn' a place in our luggage. Besides, we only pack one pair of shoes over and above what we wear.

No no no.... nothing to do with shoes! It's all the other stuff that can clutter up the counters, or be difficult to find. Each pocket has a use, and can be seen at a glance. Think of it as an organiser.

No no no.... nothing to do with shoes! It's all the other stuff that can clutter up the counters, or be difficult to find. Each pocket has a use, and can be seen at a glance. Think of it as an organiser.
. Nicely explained. No shoes, but all the stuff that would clutter other surfaces

NOPE!! Wouldn't want to look at this "hanging around" the cabin.

I travel with several (totally lightweight) square plastic baskets. One is for the desk, one for each night stand, and one for the bath counter. Neat and uncluttered. I have a small (hanging) mesh bag for the shower which I like... keeps my things separate from DH's. :)

Converted years ago to a double sided, hanging shoe bag that has a single rotating hook at the top so can be hung from a door, a rod or a clothes hook. The shoe sections are clear so can see what is being stored inside. Use it for all sorts of things like umbrellas, chargers, pens, sewing kit, mints and gum, etc. - oh and shoes!

We are 4 in a cabin and I brought an over the door shoe organizer as I read here that it was useful. We never used it. I found that there is lots of room in the cabin...one underbed drawer for each child. Mesh cubes for all our under clothes, my tried and true toiletry bag in the bathroom is all we need.

When the 3 of us went on RCI cruise last year we found ample room in cabin for storing everything & we (I - lol) packed far too much on reflection. I did however take a collapsable mesh laundry basket which came in very useful. :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app