Booking next cruise while onboard? What benefits do you receive?

SKAGGS1234

you buy the future cruise credit onboard for $100 each. It's good for any future cruise in the next 2 years and serves as your deposit (no cash required) and you get on board credit depending on the length of the cruise you are taking. It's a win win situation. You can book your next onboard or do it later; just buy the credit while onboard.

There's really no benefit to booking while onboard with Princess.

While onboard you should purchase Future Cruise Credits (FCC), which cost $100 each. When you later book directly with Princess or through a TA, the price you paid for the FCC will serve as your total deposit and you'll also receive an OBC. The amount of the OBC depends on the category of the cabin you book and the length of the cruise.

You'll need an FCC for each of the first two occupants of the cabin in order to receive maximum benefit.

Lew

Wow:( Not as good as RC!
Last I heard, OBC on RCI is not combinable. On Princess, you can combine any OBC from any source. On my last several cruises, I've had so much OBC from my TA, FCC, Elite and stockholders that I either had a credit or owed less than $50 at the end of the cruise. Starting with $450-550 credit is really, really nice.

Bulldog: stay Boston Strong! :)

Edited by Pam in CA

you buy the future cruise credit onboard for $100 each. It's good for any future cruise in the next 2 years and serves as your deposit (no cash required) and you get on board credit depending on the length of the cruise you are taking. It's a win win situation. You can book your next onboard or do it later; just buy the credit while onboard.

The FCCs can only be bought (and used) in the names of people actually on the ship, so buy one for each person involved. Many people by more than one just in came another cruise opportunity comes up.

If you do not use the FCCs within two years, they will automatically be refunded to the credit card used unlike on RCCL where there is never a refund.

Edited by caribill

The FCCs can only be bought (and used) in the names of people actually on the ship, so buy one for each person involved. Many people by more than one just in came another cruise opportunity comes up.

If you do not use the FCCs within two years, they will automatically be refunded to the credit card used unlike on RCCL where there is never a refund.

I've got a cruise scheduled for March 2014 and was planning on buying FCC so your response is very appropriate. Looks like I need to buy 4 FCC since I was planning on buying enough for two cruises for two people. Is this correct?

While onboard you should purchase Future Cruise Credits (FCC), which cost $100 each. When you later book directly with Princess or through a TA, the price you paid for the FCC will serve as your total deposit and you'll also receive an OBC. The amount of the OBC depends on the category of the cabin you book and the length of the cruise.

I disagree that there's no benefit: on our last cruise, we bought a pair of FCCs, but my folks didn't. When we booked our next cruise, we told our TA our CC numbers and our cruise was booked, but my parents had to shell out a lot more than $100pp deposit. As a result, we're letting Princess earn interest longer on our $100, but we earn interest on (deposit-$100) longer than my folks.

I've got a cruise scheduled for March 2014 and was planning on buying FCC so your response is very appropriate. Looks like I need to buy 4 FCC since I was planning on buying enough for two cruises for two people. Is this correct?

You would need to buy two for each person (assuming the second person is traveling with you in March and the future cruises).

I disagree that there's no benefit: on our last cruise, we bought a pair of FCCs, but my folks didn't. When we booked our next cruise, we told our TA our CC numbers and our cruise was booked, but my parents had to shell out a lot more than $100pp deposit. As a result, we're letting Princess earn interest longer on our $100, but we earn interest on (deposit-$100) longer than my folks.

You got the same lower deposit and OBC by buying the FCC as you would have gotten by booking. Had your parents bought the FCCs they would have gotten the same benefit

he meant that there is no benefit to actually booking another cruise while on board. There IS a big benefit to buying the FCC on board.

With NCL, while on board, if you put a 250 deposit on a future cruise, they give you a 100 credit on your current cruise. Plus you can purchase up to 4 deposits and transfer them to others as gifts. I think they are good for 6 years.

Jim

Pam's comment it what always keeps me coming back - being able to stack the credits. We booked a 7 day cruise this week and have $450 in OBC thanks to Princess and our TA.

Being able to combine the credits is great particularly when it's more cost-effective to book as a b2b. On a future b2b totaling 31 days our OBC is over $1600 & is why we keep several FCC in our accounts.

Before realizing we could buy multiple FCC we didn't have another one to use...I won't make that $300 mistake again! ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Correct

Originally Posted by -Lew- View Post

The Future Cruise Credit (for us, $100 ea) is provided by Princess at no cost, for up to two pax per cabin. In addition the deposit is only $100 each.

You can use the deposit for a particular cruise or you can decide later.

These are all real benefits.

Steve

• 1 month later...
For an 11 night cruise, the FCC OBC is $75 if you book an inside or outside cabin, and $100 for balcony, mini-suite and full suite

Ok, $100 per person deposit & $100 per person OBC when purchased on board if we are understanding this correctly? We will be on the Ruby during March so it will be better if we do this onboard than book from home for our next cruise ? We will be having a balcony cabin btw. Thanks in advance for any info.

Ok, $100 per person deposit & $100 per person OBC when purchased on board if we are understanding this correctly? We will be on the Ruby during March so it will be better if we do this onboard than book from home for our next cruise ? We will be having a balcony cabin btw. Thanks in advance for any info.

We never book onboard, we just purchase the Future Cruise Deposits and book when we get home. :)