Table Clothes in the main dining room

Krazy Kruizers

How would you feel about not having table clothes in the main dining room?

Check out this thread on Carnival:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1954864

Presuming you mean 'tablecloths' I wouldn't like bare tables. That would definitely lead to an even more casual fast food atmosphere, tank shirts and shorts, etc.

Didn't I read recently at least one ship has done away with tablecloths in the Lido at dinner? And no more table service for entrees?

Edited by cruisin'girl

I would not like that at all. I don't know if HAL has table cloths in the LIDO at dinner but I know other lines such as Princess does. Lack of table cloths would be a big step down IMO.

HAL does have tablecloths in the Lido for dinner. We usually don't eat dinner in the Lido but our most recent cruise was so very port intensive that many nights we didn't go to the MDR but opted for a casual meal in the Lido. I might add...it was packed!

HAL does have tablecloths in the Lido for dinner. We usually don't eat dinner in the Lido but our most recent cruise was so very port intensive that many nights we didn't go to the MDR but opted for a casual meal in the Lido. I might add...it was packed!

I know somebody posted recently that a ship they just sailed on did not have Lido tablecloths for dinner and it was all self-serve. On a Cost Cutback thread. Maybe just that ship, just that week, don't know but I know there was that post.

We would be very disappointed for HAL to not do the lovely table setting they way they now do them. I wouldn't even want them to remove the fresh flowers let alone tablecloths. The appearance of the MDR is very important to us.

We would be very disappointed for HAL to not do the lovely table setting they way they now do them. I wouldn't even want them to remove the fresh flowers let alone tablecloths. The appearance of the MDR is very important to us.

If the take the tablecloths away how can I wipe my hands when I drop my napkin?

One would have to think that this could only be part of a major rebranding of the entire MDR dining experience onboard that particular ship. It would make no sense happening on HAL. The cost of replacing every one of the dining room's plain-wooden tabletops with polished wood, imitation marble or even formica would far exceed the savings of no longer having to purchase and launder tablecloths.

If the take the tablecloths away how can I wipe my hands when I drop my napkin?

Good point.

That would be a problem. :eek: :D

One would have to think that this could only be part of a major rebranding of the entire MDR dining experience onboard that particular ship. It would make no sense happening on HAL. The cost of replacing every one of the dining room's plain-wooden tabletops with polished wood, imitation marble or even formica would far exceed the savings of no longer having to purchase and launder tablecloths.

I think the ship's tailors sew those tablecloths. They can't cost very much to cut from huge bolts of cloth.

I know somebody posted recently that a ship they just sailed on did not have Lido tablecloths for dinner and it was all self-serve. On a Cost Cutback thread. Maybe just that ship' date=' just that week, don't know but I know there was that post.[/quote']

On our recent Panama Canal cruise (21 nights), the Lido had tablecloths for dinner. The Lido restaurant is buffet at all times, so it would be self-serve.

I wonder how many CC Posters have a real table cloth (not plastic) on their table when they eat Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner at home?

We don't have chefs or waiters at home. Do you think we should prepare and serve our own food too ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk