Itinerary change

Mrsdigi

We are going on Ruby Princess in February to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I noticed yesterday that the itinerary in My Princess is different than the one when you search for the cruise, ie the ports are switched and are at different times. While this doesn't necessarily bug me, I had planned on reserving Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel, but I'm not sure which day to do so? Any advice?

We are going on Ruby Princess in February to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I noticed yesterday that the itinerary in My Princess is different than the one when you search for the cruise, ie the ports are switched and are at different times. While this doesn't necessarily bug me, I had planned on reserving Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel, but I'm not sure which day to do so? Any advice?

Book it in the Cruise Personalizer under Cozumel. I'm sure it will be good for whichever day! But when I run into a contradiction like that, I look for evidence on other websites, like say those of the ports.

Book according to your Personalizer. Any reputable tour company knows what day and time your ship is arriving and will adjust. Make sure you don't have to pre-pay anything more than a deposit and that it's refundable.

I just looked on Cozumel port schedule and it doesn't match the itinerary in the personalizer; it matches the other one. I think I'll just wait to book my private excursions. I kinda hope they go with the one in the personalizer because the current one has 7 ships in port and only 2 the other day.

And grand Cayman's schedule has us the same day as Cozumel....

Edited by Mrsdigi

I see that the itinerary has changed for the 1/18/14 Ruby sailing from what it shows when searching the cruise. It still shows that Cozumel is Tuesday, 1/21/14 however in the personalizer it shows that Cozumel is Monday, 1/20.

When I go to the port schedule for the Puerta Maya dock it doesn't show the Ruby Princess docking there either day.

Cruise port insider for the cozumel schedule shows the Ruby docking at Punta Langosta Pier on Tuesday, 1/21/14.

The official port schedule for Grand Cayman has us there on Tuesday, 1/21/14.

Makes it a bit hard to plan anything other than Princess' excursions.

Edited by cjskids

Call Princess.

I just hung up with them. The person that I spoke to says it's strange that the personalizer is showing one thing and that the website is showing another thing. He can see the differences.

At this point, he wasn't sure what to tell me and said that he would let them know tomorrow so that they could update which ever is correct. He does figure that the personalizer is indeed correct and that we may want to go by that.

If there is any confusion about the itinerary for your cruise, then download a copy of the Travel Summary. They will list any itinerary changes in a separate section under Important Notices, and the currently scheduled Itinerary will be shown in the "ITINERARY FOR THIS BOOKING" section.

Do not go by other web sites, as they may not be current.

Also be aware that the travel contract that you approved includes the right to make changes to the itinerary.

The same is true for the Jan. 18th sailing. I just checked my Cruise Personalizer, and when I checked pre-cruise emails, it showed that there is an error and to contact Princess. I wonder if they're aware of the problem and in the process of sending an email notification. I'll check the email again later today.

I just hung up with them. The person that I spoke to says it's strange that the personalizer is showing one thing and that the website is showing another thing. He can see the differences.

At this point, he wasn't sure what to tell me and said that he would let them know tomorrow so that they could update which ever is correct. He does figure that the personalizer is indeed correct and that we may want to go by that.

Did you mention all the other incorrect itineraries? I may just book princess excursions in both as they are not much more than some of the private ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see that the itinerary has changed for the 1/18/14 Ruby sailing from what it shows when searching the cruise. It still shows that Cozumel is Tuesday, 1/21/14 however in the personalizer it shows that Cozumel is Monday, 1/20.

When I go to the port schedule for the Puerta Maya dock it doesn't show the Ruby Princess docking there either day.

Cruise port insider for the cozumel schedule shows the Ruby docking at Punta Langosta Pier on Tuesday, 1/21/14.

The official port schedule for Grand Cayman has us there on Tuesday, 1/21/14.

Makes it a bit hard to plan anything other than Princess' excursions.

The same thing is happening to me. I trying to plan some specialized scuba diving and it's complicating things. The Princess rep said it's in the contract to change dates and ports.....

So on the Princess website right now, this is how they are selling the 1/18/14 cruise on the Ruby:

Day 3: Grand Cayman, Cayman islands Monday- January 20- 7 am to 4 pm

Day 4: Cozumel, Mexico -Tuesday, January 21 - 9 am to 6 pm

On the personalizer:

Day 3: Cozumel - 7 am - 4 pm

Day 4: Grand Cayman - 11 am - 7 pm

i understand changes but it would be nice if they would update their website to match what the cruise is. I just booked this a few days ago and was told one thing by them on the phone and 10 minutes later when I got the email, it showed something completely different. They are still selling the cruise the original way.

So on the Princess website right now, this is how they are selling the 1/18/14 cruise on the Ruby:

Day 3: Grand Cayman, Cayman islands Monday- January 20- 7 am to 4 pm

Day 4: Cozumel, Mexico -Tuesday, January 21 - 9 am to 6 pm

On the personalizer:

Day 3: Cozumel - 7 am - 4 pm

Day 4: Grand Cayman - 11 am - 7 pm

i understand changes but it would be nice if they would update their website to match what the cruise is. I just booked this a few days ago and was told one thing by them on the phone and 10 minutes later when I got the email, it showed something completely different. They are still selling the cruise the original way.

Carolyn, we are on the same cruise. We have actually reserved two excursions through Princess. Grand Cayman on the 20th for the Stingray Sandbar & Cayman Highlights departing at 8am. The other is for Cozumel on the 21st for the Folkloric Show, Tequila Tasting & Scenic Drive departing at 9:30am. Soooo, I'm thinking that the personalizer is incorrect. Interesting......

WHOA wait a minute.... I just checked our personalizer and our reserved excursions as listed above. They have changed them. It now shows that we have reserved the Folkloric Show in Cozumel on January 20th and it will be departing at 9:30am. Also it shows us now as having reserved the Stingray Sandbar on Grand Cayman on January 21st departing at 8am. Geeeez, this is getting confusing.

Edited by butternut1
added information

Carolyn, we are on the same cruise. We have actually reserved two excursions through Princess. Grand Cayman on the 20th for the Stingray Sandbar & Cayman Highlights departing at 8am. The other is for Cozumel on the 21st for the Folkloric Show, Tequila Tasting & Scenic Drive departing at 9:30am. Soooo, I'm thinking that the personalizer is incorrect. Interesting......

WHOA wait a minute.... I just checked our personalizer and our reserved excursions as listed above. They have changed them. It now shows that we have reserved the Folkloric Show in Cozumel on January 20th and it will be departing at 9:30am. Also it shows us now as having reserved the Stingray Sandbar on Grand Cayman on January 21st departing at 8am. Geeeez, this is getting confusing.

We're on this cruise, too. If the hours and dates for Grand Cayman are correct, we'd be tendering in the dark because the sun sets around 6pm. That sounds a bit challenging. Has anyone tendering in the dark before? We never have.

Edited by FritzG

We're on this cruise, too. If the hours and dates for Grand Cayman are correct, we'd be tendering in the dark because the sun sets around 6pm. That sounds a bit challenging. Has anyone tendering in the dark before? We never have.

We have, although it was an NCL ship in Hawaii. Tendering in the dark wasn't the plan either. The seas got rough in the late afternoon which greatly slowed down the process and when the last tenders came in, it was completely dark.

That said, the ship itself and the boarding platforms were brightly lit and the tenders had their own navigational lights and spotlights. It really wasn't a big deal as far as the amount of light goes. The seas however ...

Not an expert at this stuff but looking at the number of ships in port (7) for Cozumel on 21 Jan. with 21,000 people may have something to do with the change. 20 Jan. shows only 3 ships in port with 7500 people. I will gladly take the change for less crowd.

Edited by WCPopcorn

Not an expert at this stuff but looking at the number of ships in port (7) for Cozumel on 21 Jan. with 21,000 people may have something to do with the change. 20 Jan. shows only 3 ships in port with 7500 people. I will gladly take the change for less crowd.

Yep, you and me both. :D

I prefer having less ships in Cozumel as well.

Just wish they would clarify things so we could make plans.

So we don't get into Grand Cayman until 11 am but you have your stingray tour at 8 am!!

And I never thought about tendering in the dark. Not something I'm willing to do.

I prefer having less ships in Cozumel as well.

Just wish they would clarify things so we could make plans.

So we don't get into Grand Cayman until 11 am but you have your stingray tour at 8 am!!

And I never thought about tendering in the dark. Not something I'm willing to do.

Yep. Pretty crazy, huh? I'm with you on the tendering. Don't think I want to tender in the dark either.

So in looking at the excursions for the now changed ports, Princess has us arriving in grand Cayman at 11 am and staying until 4 pm.

Stingray City excursion has 2 different time choices to pick.

8 am - 12:30 pm or 10:30 am - 3 pm.

Stingray encounter with snorkel and lunch is 8:30 am- 2:30 pm

Another tour is 9 am - 12 noon.

So in looking at the excursions for the now changed ports, Princess has us arriving in grand Cayman at 11 am and staying until 4 pm.

Five hours in a tender port isn't long at all.

This is the latest itinerary that I see and I am assuming is the correct one.

Day & Date Destination Duration

Sat, 01/18/14 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Sun, 01/19/14 At Sea

Mon, 01/20/14 Island Of Cozumel, Mexico 7:00am – 4:00pm

Tue, 01/21/14 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 11:00am –7:00pm

Wed, 01/22/14 At Sea

Thu, 01/23/14 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 7:00am

With all of these excursions starting before the ship reaches port, they will be over before you know it.