Pinnacle Class?

sail7seas

Do you think HAL will go forward with the previously announced new build and anticipated sisters?

If they do not sell any of the ships in the existing fleet, do you think that would influence going forward or not?

Anyone know if all contracts have been executed or are they pending for the new build(s)?

Somehow I have a niggling suspicion they may cancel the ship or delay its anticipated completion date.

Do you think HAL will go forward with the previously announced new build and anticipated sisters?

If they do not sell any of the ships in the existing fleet, do you think that would influence going forward or not?

Anyone know if all contracts have been executed or are they pending for the new build(s)?

Somehow I have a niggling suspicion they may cancel the ship or delay its anticipated completion date.

I have to agree with you on this Sail, I think something is going on and delaying HAL and I think it does have something to do with selling of some of the existing fleet. Things moved much fast with far more information coming out with the Vistas and the Signature Class. I think it will eventually happen but not in the time frame originally announced.

Wasn't the new build already delayed once?

Wasn't she supposed to come out in the fall of 2014 and then the date was changed to Feb 2015?

Yes. The original expected completion date has already been announced to be delayed one year.

I don't think the ship is now due out until 2016.

I read here recently they have not yet cut steel but cannot verify if that is true.

I also am wondering what is going on with the new ship's plans. I would not be surprised if the vessel is delayed. But, as recently as September when I was aboard the Eurodam and spoke with Hotel Director Stan Kuppens, he confirmed that he was leaving soon to take over the Hotel Director's position in charge of overseeing the planning and construction of the hotel department's facilities.

I also am wondering what is going on with the new ship's plans. I would not be surprised if the vessel is delayed. But, as recently as September when I was aboard the Eurodam and spoke with Hotel Director Stan Kuppens, he confirmed that he was leaving soon to take over the Hotel Director's position in charge of overseeing the planning and construction of the hotel department's facilities.

I hope that that means good news and the new build will happen.

I read here recently they have not yet cut steel but cannot verify if that is true.

Since this statement was said on CC by Copper 10-8 I believe it to be true and accurate.

I didn't remember who wrote it but seeing it was Copper10-8, then, of course, it should be true and accurate. :) Thanks for clarifying who said it.

Hotel Director, Stan Kuppens, has been take out Hotel Manager/Director of all the ships from Noordam forward. He is outstanding

at this work. :)

Hotel Director, Stan Kuppens, has been take out Hotel Manager/Director of all the ships from Noordam forward. He is outstanding

at this work. :)

sail,

I realized that when I spoke to him and complimented him on his appointment to that position. He seemed surprised that I knew. (Maybe he does not read Cruise Critic's Message Board.) He really is a very nice person; very professional and helped to supervise/guide the Eurodam's guests during times when visas and passports were being checked.

I have to say I have zero interest in this vessel.

Larger? No thank you. I'm not a fan of the Vista class ships, let alone the Signatures. Another, larger vessel wouldn't bother me--I could simply not sail on her. But if the S class (and heaven forbid, the R class) vessels went, then I'd be looking for a new company to sail with.

This is from a news letter from ABB, they provide the electrical systems for cruise ships. Looks like the new ship is in the works. Sounds nice to me, might make me return to HAL.

The ships for the Holland America Line and Carnival Cruise Lines are under construction at Fincantieri yards in Italy. For the former, ABB will supply the complete electrical power plant and propulsion system, with 28 MW of power, for a 99,500 gt, 2,660-passenger capacity liner, due for delivery at the start of 2016. The latter liner, 133,500 gt, 4,000-passenger capacity, named Carnival Vista, will feature ABB power plant and propulsion systems, augmented by generators, main switchboards, a remote control system and distribution transformers.

All HAL R and S ships are available for sale, not openly soliciting bids but available. Several HMs and captains have said if you like the small ships sail them soon and often as they aren't long for the HAL fleet.

As Bruce says, they are not financially viable to HAL any longer. Unfortunately.

HAL has kept their word........

They said the new ship would be under 100,000 ton and it is......

I seem to recall they announced it will be 99,000 ton.

Edited by sail7seas