Drink Package - Do You Still Need to Sign for Your Drinks?

sailingforever

If you have purchased the premium beverage package, do they still make you sign a slip of paper (even if it is a $0 receipt)?

Just curious. Thank you!

:-)

No. They also do not give you a receipt. The drinks do not show up on the TV, but when you get the printed bill it will show EVERY drink with a $0.00 cost each.

No. They also do not give you a receipt. The drinks do not show up on the TV, but when you get the printed bill it will show EVERY drink with a $0.00 cost each.

We did a 14 night TA and we had a bill pushed under the door after 7 nights.

Useful to check that we were indeed not charged for any drinks, as we only had the Classic package. I cannot think of any other reason why we were presented with the bill mid Atlantic.

Just off the Eclipse where we had the Classic Drink Package. There were never any receipts (nice to have no paper) but most of the time (there were a few exeptions) they will still scan your card to verify your package (and maintain inventory control). If you buy a drink from one of the ondeck waiters they will usually just write down your card info and that is the end of that! But the poor deck waiters later have to go to a terminal and enter the info for each of their customers.

Hank

Useful to check that we were indeed not charged for any drinks, as we only had the Classic package. I cannot think of any other reason why we were presented with the bill mid Atlantic.

What ship? I was able to view by bill at anytime on the TV.

We heard the 'thump' outside our door... like it was the Yellow Pages being delivered!! :D

Do the waiters scan your card each time that you come to that bar e.g You have a drink on Monday and the card is scanned. You have a drink at the same bar on Tuesday and they scan your card?

Thanks for this information. I am potentially booking my first Celebrity cruise today! (My reservation is on hold..)

With the current "special" we can get the Classic drink package for free. Which seems like a great deal.

But I'm wondering what kinds of drinks you can NOT get with the Classic?? (Certain types of liquor? More expensive beer and wines?) Help me understand.... Thanks!!

Do the waiters scan your card each time that you come to that bar e.g You have a drink on Monday and the card is scanned. You have a drink at the same bar on Tuesday and they scan your card?

Generally yes take the card each time. MDR the waiters will usually take it night one and have it written down for later.

Thanks for this information. I am potentially booking my first Celebrity cruise today! (My reservation is on hold..)

With the current "special" we can get the Classic drink package for free. Which seems like a great deal.

But I'm wondering what kinds of drinks you can NOT get with the Classic?? (Certain types of liquor? More expensive beer and wines?) Help me understand.... Thanks!!

Classic Package includes the following non-alcoholic drinks:

Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water

AND the following alcoholic drinks:

Beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

The Premium package includes:

All canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

AND:

Entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

Are tips included with the classic and premium drink package or do we need to tip each time we order a drink?

A 15% surcharge is added to the daily cost of the package as it was when you were purchasing the drinks individually. However, an occasional small tip for a special order or they bring it to you by the pool, is always welcome.

Are tips included with the classic and premium drink package or do we need to tip each time we order a drink?

You will be charged an additional 15% for gratuities at the time you purchase your beverage package. There is no further charge. You are, of course, free to tip an additional amount of your choosing for special service should you feel so inclined.

I can tell you right now, if you enjoy the molecular bar (specialty drinks and martinis, very interesting! Lots of dry ice show kind of stuff), the majority of their drinks are $12, which unfortunately is not covered by the classic. My SO and I purchased the premium just so we could get drinks there!

I can tell you right now, if you enjoy the molecular bar (specialty drinks and martinis, very interesting! Lots of dry ice show kind of stuff), the majority of their drinks are $12, which unfortunately is not covered by the classic. My SO and I purchased the premium just so we could get drinks there!

My advice is the same. Upgrade the package, find the Molecular bar and enjoy the show!!

A 15% surcharge is added to the daily cost of the package as it was when you were purchasing the drinks individually. However, an occasional small tip for a special order or they bring it to you by the pool, is always welcome.

You will be charged an additional 15% for gratuities at the time you purchase your beverage package. There is no further charge. You are, of course, free to tip an additional amount of your choosing for special service should you feel so inclined.
If you have the Classic alcohol package as part of the current 1-2-3 Promotion, there is no additional 15% gratuity charged, Celebrity picks up the tab. If you decide to upgrade your package to the Premium, then you're charged 10.00 per day, plus an additional 1.50 gratuity.

If you're a regular at a certain place, they will start to remember your number and no longer require the card. On our recent 15-day cruise, after about day 3 or 4 the staff at Cafe Al Bacio, the Aquaspa Cafe, and Blu all recognized us by sight and knew our numbers already so no card was required with them for the remainder of the cruise.

If you have the drink package which includes tips, but want to tip extra such as around the pool, do you use cash or how do you do that if they don't give you a receipt of any sort?

I think you can request a receipt if you want to tip a little extra. What we did was just walked around the ship on the last day at sea and gave cash tips to the bartenders and waiters that gave us outstanding service.