Junior princess sailors need education about different "classes" of ships.

Moviegirlnyorlando

As you can see I'm splattering the walls of CC with dozens replies and posts because after my one short 4 day princess cruise I'm hooked on this line and never going back to the other guys.! I Princess!

We sailed on the Ruby last sailing . We have two upcoming cruises, one booked and one to be booked after I get back from the next with the FCC. We are going to go on the Carribean Princess in May of this year 7 day eastern carribean sailing to San Juan. Turks, st marten and princess cay. Then in winter or spring of 2014-2015 we are doing the 11 day partial Panama Canal transit on the Coral Princess

I know both the Carribean and the Coral are in an older class than the Ruby, but are they inferior ? Are they smaller? Too old ? I don't care about being on the newest of everything but want to make sure I'm not in some junket lol are Carribean and coral in the same class ? I can't get on to the princess website on my iPad and am in bed trying to stop coughing long enough to sleep and am just curious and want to make sure we are taking the right booking decisions

Also does 4, 7 and 11 all count as just one cruise for the CC or will the 11 night sailing give me some extra credit to get me closer to that 5 sailings to move up to next level ?

This whole thing, booking deal searching ,CC , FCC etc feels like a game to me and a game I want to win with big savings to equal cheaper and longer vacations ! LoL I know I'm over the top already !

I was blown away with The ruby as compared to my only other cruises on smaller and older. Carnival and RCCL ships. Will Coral and Caribbean be of the same caliber as the Ruby ? I've read lots of complaints about the newest boat and am hoping newer doesn't = better for Princess cruise ships.

Any information, personal experience with these boats will be much appreciated !

You can make platinum fom either number of cruises or days sailed. You will become platinum after you complete your 5th cruise or 50 days sailed, you wont actully move upto platinum until your next booked cruise. Coral and island are older ships but are chosen by many as the best ships in the fleet. Never sailed on the caribben princess but she was the 1st of whats known as the super grand class. All grand type ships are similar but the Emerald, Crowm and Ruby are identical to each other.

As you can see I'm splattering the walls of CC with dozens replies and posts because after my one short 4 day princess cruise I'm hooked on this line and never going back to the other guys.! I Princess!

We sailed on the Ruby last sailing . We have two upcoming cruises, one booked and one to be booked after I get back from the next with the FCC. We are going to go on the Carribean Princess in May of this year 7 day eastern carribean sailing to San Juan. Turks, st marten and princess cay. Then in winter or spring of 2014-2015 we are doing the 11 day partial Panama Canal transit on the Coral Princess

I know both the Carribean and the Coral are in an older class than the Ruby, but are they inferior ? Are they smaller? Too old ? I don't care about being on the newest of everything but want to make sure I'm not in some junket lol are Carribean and coral in the same class ? I can't get on to the princess website on my iPad and am in bed trying to stop coughing long enough to sleep and am just curious and want to make sure we are taking the right booking decisions

Also does 4, 7 and 11 all count as just one cruise for the CC or will the 11 night sailing give me some extra credit to get me closer to that 5 sailings to move up to next level ?

This whole thing, booking deal searching ,CC , FCC etc feels like a game to me and a game I want to win with big savings to equal cheaper and longer vacations ! LoL I know I'm over the top already !

I was blown away with The ruby as compared to my only other cruises on smaller and older. Carnival and RCCL ships. Will Coral and Caribbean be of the same caliber as the Ruby ? I've read lots of complaints about the newest boat and am hoping newer doesn't = better for Princess cruise ships.

Any information, personal experience with these boats will be much appreciated !

i noticed on your other post that you was talking about getting an FCC for your daughter but i dont know if she was on your cruise but you can only buy them for people on the cruise as they are in the persons name and they are not transferable

Edited by rkmw

You can make platinum fom either number of cruises or days sailed. You will become platinum after you complete your 5th cruise or 50 days sailed, you wont actully move upto platinum until your next booked cruise. Coral and island are older ships but are chosen by many as the best ships in the fleet. Never sailed on the caribben princess but she was the 1st of whats known as the super grand class. All grand type ships are similar but the Emerald, Crowm and Ruby are identical to each other.

Well since after the 3rd Cruise here it will only be 3 cruises and 23 days I'm only 1/2 way. You mean. Could just do 5 - 3 nighters and get there and do 4 -11 and not ? I suppose I should watch for last minute 3 nighters on deep sale, to get to next level,...

[quote name=Moviegirlnyorlando;41072529

I know both the Carribean and the Coral are in an older class than the Ruby' date=' but are they inferior ? No. Neither the Caribbean nor the Coiral had an Interntional Cafe when built. The IC has been added to both, but without the gelato.

Are they smaller? Caribbean has the same passenger capacity as the Ruby. Island has 1100 less passengers than the Ruby and Caribbean.

Too old ? No. Princess does a good job of maintaining the ships and refurbishing them.

I don't care about being on the newest of everything but want to make sure I'm not in some junket lol are Carribean and coral in the same class ? The Caribbean does not have the Adagio Lounge and Sabatini's is located on deck 7. The Coral also does not have the Adagio Lounge and Sabatini's is located on deck 7. Instead of the Crown Grill steak restaurant, the Coral has the Bayou Cafe and Steakhouse

Also does 4, 7 and 11 all count as just one cruise for the CC or will the 11 night sailing give me some extra credit to get me closer to that 5 sailings to move up to next level ? Each will count as a single cruise, but as pointed out in another post, all the days will count towards the alternative of having 50 days to make Platinum.

see above in red

i noticed on your other post that you was talking about getting an FCC for your daughter but i dont know if she was on your cruise but you can only buy them for people on the cruise as they are in the persons name and they are not transferable

I know of I went with my daughter I'd have to pay the deposit for her but right now they have a sale for $100 deposits. I think it's a moot point anyway as my next cruise is with my us band not her. I may take her on a 3 nighter if a good sale comes up last minute, her and I are more in a position to take off last minute then hubby or our 13 y/o who is in school

see above in red

So Coral and Carribean each only have one speciality restaurant but pretty close passenger #? I imagine that must mean best to make pre cruise reservations ? We are at Sabbatinis last cruise and really liked it, but ice heard nothing but great things about the steakhouse .

So Coral and Carribean each only have one speciality restaurant but pretty close passenger #? I imagine that must mean best to make pre cruise reservations ? We are at Sabbatinis last cruise and really liked it, but ice heard nothing but great things about the steakhouse .

Unless something has changed recently, Princess does not take pre-reservations for the specialty restaurants.

Well since after the 3rd Cruise here it will only be 3 cruises and 23 days I'm only 1/2 way. You mean. Could just do 5 - 3 nighters and get there and do 4 -11 and not ? I suppose I should watch for last minute 3 nighters on deep sale, to get to next level,...

Yes, since the Captain's Circle levels can be reach by either cruise credits or by days at sea, taking 5 short cruises would get you to Platinum.

So Coral and Carribean each only have one speciality restaurant but pretty close passenger #?

No they both have two specialty restaurants and passenger capacities are very different.

The Island carries 1970 passengers and the Caribbean 3080.

Mike:)

No they both have two specialty restaurants and passenger capacities are very different.

The Island carries 1970 passengers and the Caribbean 3080.

Many of us consider the Island and Coral Princess superior to the Ruby Princess. I would definitely choose these 2 ships over the Caribbean or Ruby Princess.

Ocean and Pacific are very small ships with about 700 passengers. The cabins are larger and the decor is elegant. Coral and Island are long and narrow for the Panama canal. they hold about 2000 passengers the rest are larger with more activities and largest of all are the Royal and Regal.

If you love Princess try them all. You will soon know which you like best

Princess is having a "Free Cruise" sale right now for short cruises on the Ruby out of Ft Lauderdale. Your fare will be applied to your next cruise. Certain restrictions do apply.

Caribbean has Sabatini's and the steakhouse.

Coral has Sabatini's and Bayou Cafe. Bayou is mostly creole themed. But you can eat alligator there if that's on your palate. :eek:

Ocean and Pacific are very small ships with about 700 passengers. The cabins are larger and the decor is elegant. Coral and Island are long and narrow for the Panama canal. they hold about 2000 passengers the rest are larger with more activities and largest of all are the Royal and Regal.

If you love Princess try them all. You will soon know which you like best

Princess is having a "Free Cruise" sale right now for short cruises on the Ruby out of Ft Lauderdale. Your fare will be applied to your next cruise. Certain restrictions do apply.

Yes I know about this but the only cruise left for this, at least for now, is the 1/9/14 and another "carribean sampler" just to princess Cay which doesn't appeal to us, plus hubby and I need to save time off for the bigger cruises. I need to get myself up like you guys where I get free internet, then I may be able to actually work some from the ship and take less days off !!

Caribbean has Sabatini's and the steakhouse.

Coral has Sabatini's and Bayou Cafe. Bayou is mostly creole themed. But you can eat alligator there if that's on your palate. :eek:

Cool hubby like Alligator and gumbo. Hopefully they have better beignets then IC the only thing there that didn't look good to Me, just looked like triangle shaped donuts at IC. I really really miss IC! I want to try the steak house for sure one of these cruises too, I plan on. Doing the treasure hunt on very cruise I go on after winning big on that first night, but it spoiled me and I will be disappointed if I don't win again , lol.

The Cajun/Creole offerings at the Bayou Cafe are very poor if you enjoy authentic Louisiana dishes. The gumbo is especially bad as there seems to be no one aboard the Island or Coral that can make a proper roux.

On the other hand, the steaks are very good.

The Cajun/Creole offerings at the Bayou Cafe are very poor if you enjoy authentic Louisiana dishes. The gumbo is especially bad as there seems to be no one aboard the Island or Coral that can make a proper roux.

On the other hand, the steaks are very good.

Thanks for the heads up. We have an excellent New Orleans restaurant her in Orlando and it's it's sub par we'd be disappointed

The Coral and Island are usually preferred by savvy Princess cruisers. They are actually a little longer than the Grand class ships but are narrower to fit through the Panama Canal. Different design but for the most part, same amenities. They carry about 1,970 passengers as opposed to over 2,600 and have a better passenger space ratio. Two main restaurants mid-ship, one for Traditional, one for Anytime. The buffet is forward with wonderful views of the ocean while eating. These ships also have public decks both forward and aft for scenic viewing.

The Coral has been refurbished with an IC, the Island has not.

The Coral and Island are usually preferred by savvy Princess cruisers. They are actually a little longer than the Grand class ships but are narrower to fit through the Panama Canal. Different design but for the most part, same amenities. They carry about 1,970 passengers as opposed to over 2,600 and have a better passenger space ratio. Two main restaurants mid-ship, one for Traditional, one for Anytime. The buffet is forward with wonderful views of the ocean while eating. These ships also have public decks both forward and aft for scenic viewing.

The Coral has been refurbished with an IC, the Island has not.

That's nice to know

What's your thoughts on the The Caribbean Princess ?

Coral and Caribbean both also have Sabatini's.

Caribbean has same number of passengers as Ruby. Coral has 1100 less passengers.

Coral also has a covered swimmig pool which the Ruby and Caribbean do not.

Coral and Caribbean both also have Sabatini's.

Caribbean has same number of passengers as Ruby. Coral has 1100 less passengers.

Coral also has a covered swimmig pool which the Ruby and Caribbean do not.

Thanks ! We have to cancel the carribean one because of a work conflict but am going to book the coral one here shortly