Babies in diapers in pools and hot tubs

20pluscruises

Is there an adults only pool?

Funny you should ask that! I just got off the Reflection TA this past November and was sitting at the Solarium Pool one day when I decided to read the pool rules. I guess "adult" is defined as anyone 16 years or older. I was surprised at the minimum age for that pool. So, to answer your question, no, there is no adult pool.

I'm not sure what the problem is with the blow up pool? We brought one when our son was 14 months old. I specifically asked and was told that it was fine to use, and where to drain it appropriately. He did not go in the pool because he wasn't toilet trained at that time.

But as for the rest... I agree, rules should be rules for everyone.

You should send it to corporate. Wanna bet it matters there?

Totally agree, the video should be sent to corporate. This is a health hazard and should be addressed immediately. I would have gone to pool staff first, then security, then to guest services and then to hotel director. If none of that worked, I would stand by the pool and let everyone know the health hazard of the babies with diapers in the pool, then if enough people complained, I guess they would get the message.

I was on a Crystal cruise once and the Captain's wife had their baby daughter naked in the pool, it only took one word to the crew for them to tell her that her baby could not be in the pool. She was madder than all hades (because she was the Captain's wife after all and the rules didn't apply to her), but the baby never put a foot or bottom in the pool again during the cruise.

It is not the children it is the adults that are responsible. I haven't been in a pool or hot tub on a ship in many years because of issues like that. It always seemed as if I got some kind of rash after using one so I avoid them.

Same here....I wouldn't go in any pool or hot tub on any cruise ship!

They told me my 11 month old could not be in the pool due to having a swin diaper. I said fine and got him out and removed the swim diaper. The look on the pool attendants face was priceless as we got back into the pool. :)

You do realize that if your 11 month old would have pooped in the pool (1) it would have been health hazard to everyone in the pool and (2) they would have to close the pool down for it to be disinfected and no one would be able to enjoy it for a day or two on a cruise.

Thank goodness I never set foot in a cruise line pool or any public pool for that matter.

I'm not sure what the problem is with the blow up pool? We brought one when our son was 14 months old. I specifically asked and was told that it was fine to use, and where to drain it appropriately. He did not go in the pool because he wasn't toilet trained at that time.

But as for the rest... I agree, rules should be rules for everyone.

The only problem with the blow up pool was with the Mom sitting in it with all the kids (and taking up much of the space/room for the kids to play). They told her to get out....she said no to the pool staff and wouldn't budge EVEN when security finally came up and told her she argued with him for a good 20 minutes.

You do realize that if your 11 month old would have pooped in the pool (1) it would have been health hazard to everyone in the pool and (2) they would have to close the pool down for it to be disinfected and no one would be able to enjoy it for a day or two on a cruise.

Thank goodness I never set foot in a cruise line pool or any public pool for that matter.

Look at his stats in the upper right. Something isn't right....

The only problem with the blow up pool was with the Mom sitting in it with all the kids (and taking up much of the space/room for the kids to play). They told her to get out....she said no to the pool staff and wouldn't budge EVEN when security finally came up and told her she argued with him for a good 20 minutes.

I don't understand the problem of the mom sitting in the blow up pool with the kids???

They told me my 11 month old could not be in the pool due to having a swin diaper. I said fine and got him out and removed the swim diaper. The look on the pool attendants face was priceless as we got back into the pool. :)

Hopefully you're kidding.

If not, then your smirky attitude represents all that it wrong with you and other self-absorbed people who find sport in ignoring/ flaunting rules designed to make cruising enjoyable and safe. Grow up.

Hopefully you're kidding.

If not, then your smirky attitude represents all that it wrong with you and other self-absorbed people who find sport in ignoring/ flaunting rules designed to make cruising enjoyable and safe. Grow up.

I agree also.

One of the reasons we love Celebrity is because of the lack of children on board. But, it is also because the few children we do see are typically very well behaved as are their parents. Its sad that Celebrity did not address the problem you mentioned immediately.

While this may just be an isolated incident it has the ability to expand. If they continue not to address issues like this then you will have more people like the aforementioned family traveling aboard Celebrity and soon they (Celebrity)will turn to the ways of.....certain lesser cruise lines :eek:

I'd definitely like to thank the OP for taking video and strongly urge them to follow up with corporate on this matter. Perhaps posting this video on social media will make celebrity take notice?

Welcome to CC, your post no 5 has got you off to a flying start!!!:(

First of all I don't think a hot tub is a good idea for a baby or toddler. I don't even like it for myself!

Pampers has swimming diapers which are specifically made for pools and beaches. I don't know what kind of diapers these pax used, but I wouldn't worry about the Swim Pampers. They are virtually leak-free.

I am sure some of you have little ones (or grand little ones) who take swimming lessons in pools. If they were contaminating the pools, do you think these lessons would take place?

It sounds like the Spanish-speaking pax you encountered come from a culture which is rich or poor and the rich are spoiled and used to having their own way. The crew are not from their class and they are teated accordingly. That is probably why the crew can't speak up to them.

Over the years I have heard complaints from pax and crew members expecially on holiday cruises (I was on the following cruise and got an earful!) Not necessarily about diapers, but other kid-related issues.

One of the reasons we love Celebrity is because of the lack of children on board. But, it is also because the few children we do see are typically very well behaved as are their parents. Its sad that Celebrity did not address the problem you mentioned immediately.

While this may just be an isolated incident it has the ability to expand. If they continue not to address issues like this then you will have more people like the aforementioned family traveling aboard Celebrity and soon they (Celebrity)will turn to the ways of.....certain lesser cruise lines :eek:

I'd definitely like to thank the OP for taking video and strongly urge them to follow up with corporate on this matter. Perhaps posting this video on social media will make celebrity take notice?

I'm not saying this IS the case....but I got to wonder if this nasty group was maybe a crew members family?

I did noticed there were other crew member families on the ship. Many walking hand in hand with wife and children.while dressed in their own cruise uniform. I'm thinking I should at the very least post one of the pictures here. A COPY of my video will be sent to corporate and I will let you know how they respond.

Many thanks to all for the great suggestions

Edited by 20pluscruises

Pampers has swimming diapers which are specifically made for pools and beaches. I don't know what kind of diapers these pax used' date=' but I wouldn't worry about the Swim Pampers. They are virtually leak-free.[/quote']

First of all, even if true, "They are virtually leak-free" doesn't cut it. There's no way a crappy diaper holds in 100% of the crap around the legs and wasteband. Impossible.

Second, the Celebrity rules are no children in diapers allowed in the pools or hot tubs. The way that's worded to me means no exceptions. Pamper Swimmy Diapers or not.

SDT