11/25/2014 - Silver Whisper Amazon Cruise

daddyo

Even though it's still almost a year off, I have a question concerning Brazilian Visas. Since the cruise is R/T from Barbados, will we be required to get Brazilian visas? I know several CC Members were on last year's Cloud Voyage and would be able to comment on this requirement. Thanks.

The Amazon is a fascinating cruise. Enjoy. As a US citizen, you will need a Brazil visa. The Crystal board recently had a terrifying and long thread about delays in obtaining the visas. I assume that this situation will be resolved by the time the World Cup occurs in Brazil this summer. The problem is clearly with (some but apparently not all) Brazil consulates.

Hallo,

We are also on the Amazon Cruise, and although it's almost a year away we are really looking forward to it.

Can anyone please tell me if they can recommend the Barbados Hilton hotel to stay pre cruise. I understand it is quite near the cruise terminal, we are thinking of staying one or two nights before the cruise.

Thank you in anticipation. :)

The Amazon is a fascinating cruise. Enjoy. As a US citizen, you will need a Brazil visa. The Crystal board recently had a terrifying and long thread about delays in obtaining the visas. I assume that this situation will be resolved by the time the World Cup occurs in Brazil this summer. The problem is clearly with (some but apparently not all) Brazil consulates.

Thank you and 57V for your comments. I had read of some issues obtaining a Brazilian Visa and was hoping to avoid that issue.

Hallo,

We are also on the Amazon Cruise, and although it's almost a year away we are really looking forward to it.

Can anyone please tell me if they can recommend the Barbados Hilton hotel to stay pre cruise. I understand it is quite near the cruise terminal, we are thinking of staying one or two nights before the cruise.

We are booked for the Hilton next November. We stayed there pre cruise in 2009. I thought the room and grounds were nice. You will be able to see the Whisper from across the bay on the morning of embarcation.

We stayed in a cute guest cottage/hotel in Bathsheba on the Atlantic side of the island. If you're in for relaxation and a beautiful coast line, you might want to consider that area. Be forewarned, it is remote and unless you have a rental car, you will be forced to chill out and enjoy your surroundings.

Even though it's still almost a year off, I have a question concerning Brazilian Visas. Since the cruise is R/T from Barbados, will we be required to get Brazilian visas? I know several CC Members were on last year's Cloud Voyage and would be able to comment on this requirement. Thanks.

We enjoyed the recent Cloud cruise.As UK citizens no visa required but US and some other nations do need a visa Enjoy the fantastic itinerary.

Hallo,

We had a day room at the Hilton in December on return from our Seabourn cruise. We had 2 nights pre-cruise in the Crane Beach Resort - it was much more pleasant but about 1/2 hour from the cruise terminal.

Our agent has us booked into the Hilton for 2 nights before the Amazon cruise (as we have chatted about on the roll call) and we are seriously considering if we might change. Having said that it is perfectly pleasant in a kind of pre-packaged, all the same as everywhere else kind of way but has absolutely no character whatsoever.

But I'm perhaps being a bit dog-in-the-manger because we didn't really think much of the Eastern Caribbean in general and the ex-British islands in particular!

We did the Amazon in 2012 on the Cloud. Brazilian Visas are required. If you live near LA a trip one week will result in the visa being ready the following week. We stayed at the Hilton pre cruise.....okay, nothing special; however, did book a suite. Its location is what it has going for it....food wasn't great, the price was reasonable. I just really sat by the pool for two days and enjoyed every moment, since this is not something I normally do. The cruise, itself, is fabulous!

Good morning, daddyo! Yes, you need to get an individual visa but it changed recently. The visa is for a longer period of time and has less parameters of use. Have a great trip. I loved it.

Duct Tape, good to hear from you. We hope to see you two on a future cruise. Again, thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Possible but not advisable,because of heat chance of torrential showers and approx 200/300 yards is through an undesirable area.Suggest a taxi.We were informed by SS in our pre cruise info that Yellow Fever jabs were required or you would not be allowed on board.We duly obtained ours and at no stage of our cruise were we asked for the certificate.Re Visas None required for UK residents everyone else needed them.We were told on board our Nov 2013 cruise that visa restrictions were being lifted for the World Cup this summer and then reviewed and reinstated thereafter.Worth checking on in the summer.The Amazon is a unique and special itinerary which we enjoyed every day the vast contrasts the area provided.Sure you will enjoy.

Thanks again for the posts.

We got the impression the cruise terminal was very close (walkable) obviously not, we shall indeed get a taxi.

Re the yellow fever: Thanks, it is highlighted on our booking form that its a MUST, or we cannot board the ship!

We are really looking forward to this cruise for all the reasons you have mentioned. :D