Oasis Dry Dock?

I just checked out the webcams and it seems to me there s still a lot to do before boarding the passengers. The Boardwalk has a lot going on, Central Park still does not have the Living Wall put back, just a little clean up on the Promenade it looks like. I am sure they will have it ready for passengers, but they will be working right down to the wire, I'm sure.

Hm. Indeed, RCCL is fined for not having labor permits, violation of working hours, underpaying..

I am not sure whether this due to a overregulated country/government or a shrewd foreign flagged cruise line. Well, we won't get such ships for maintenance back soon this way, job well done Dutch officials. :rolleyes:

Did they bring in their refurbishment "tiger teams" from S.E. Asia? They tried that in US yards as well, didn't work out too well. They have these teams of guys who only do cruise ship refurbishments, and they are cheaper than local labor. Surprised Keppel let them through the gates in the first place.

Thanks! So she will be leaving during the night tonight for us?

Sunny AZ, the Oasis leaves Rotterdam dock at 5pm for Southampton with several viewing points along the channels to the sea....Rotterdam is 9hours ahead of Arizona. So 5pm Rotterdam works out to 8am Arizona....with subsequent passage viewings at the layer times correspondingly....hope that helps....if you are asking about whether. She leaves the drydock to head to the passenger pier in Rotterdam, then just do the basic math: Rotterdam time minus 9 to get your time....

Edited by reedprincess

Did they bring in their refurbishment "tiger teams" from S.E. Asia? They tried that in US yards as well, didn't work out too well. They have these teams of guys who only do cruise ship refurbishments, and they are cheaper than local labor. Surprised Keppel let them through the gates in the first place.

From my pre dry dock cruise my understanding is that the workmen for the refit came from all over Europe. The queues of mostly men boarding in Rotterdam on the 30th would confirm that.

Sunny AZ, the Oasis leaves Rotterdam dock at 5pm for Southampton with several viewing points along the channels to the sea....Rotterdam is 9hours ahead of Arizona. So 5pm Rotterdam works out to 8am Arizona....with subsequent passage viewings at the layer times correspondingly....hope that helps....if you are asking about whether. She leaves the drydock to head to the passenger pier in Rotterdam, then just do the basic math: Rotterdam time minus 9 to get your time....

Thanks! Yes I figured that out. But I am glad you confirmed that for me as I wasn't completely sure was right.. I was wondering about leaving the drydock area, but I am glad to see the times after she has embarked passengers, too.

Hopefully someone will be posting LIVE so we can all go along for the ride, too.;)

Thanks! So she will be leaving during the night tonight for us?

Further research...definitely internationally time challenged! ;)

Looks like the Oasis is leaving Rotterdam at 7:30 P.M. They are 7 hours ahead of us...it's already late night there now. So, if it's 7:30 P.M. there when they leave, my time will be 12:30 P.M. (Central Time) when they are leaving. Be a bit earlier for you in Arizona. OK...I think I finally have a handle on this. Gosh, I feel really ridiculous. :o

Hm. Indeed, RCCL is fined for not having labor permits, violation of working hours, underpaying..

I am not sure whether this due to a overregulated country/government or a shrewd foreign flagged cruise line. Well, we won't get such ships for maintenance back soon this way, job well done Dutch officials. :rolleyes:

You will get the Allure next May. :)

So this is what those changes look like. Finally we get to see it. Thanks for posting the photos.

The old secret balconies on Decks 11,12, and 14 have been turned into regular Grand Suites and not Aqua Theater Suites. Although a couple of these new Grand Suites will have an unusual layout.

The old secret balconies on Decks 11,12, and 14 have been turned into regular Grand Suites and not Aqua Theater Suites. Although a couple of these new Grand Suites will have an unusual layout.

I am surprised that they made them GS instead of AQTS given the location, but still glad and good for those who like GS. Maybe they are making up for the fact that none of GS on Oasis or Allure were on the hump. This gives some a "better location" if you like the Aft. Maybe they will do the same on Allure next year.

I am surprised that they made them GS instead of AQTS given the location, but still glad and good for those who like GS. Maybe they are making up for the fact that none of GS on Oasis or Allure were on the hump. This gives some a "better location" if you like the Aft. Maybe they will do the same on Allure next year.

They certainly reserve the right to change the classification (could change them to "Superior Grand Suites" like on Quantum - oops, I hope I didn't jinx anything).

I was also wondering they didn't make them AQTS. It would have been so easy as the 3 AQTS that are there are already priced individually. I could have seen those suites going for more $ than a GS given that the cabins are larger and the balconies are phenomenal.

I was also wondering they didn't make them AQTS. It would have been so easy as the 3 AQTS that are there are already priced individually. I could have seen those suites going for more $ than a GS given that the cabins are larger and the balconies are phenomenal.

Just guessing, but square footage for price? Maybe the customer gets the advantage.... for now. ;)

Have one couple in our party booked into GS-14330. Looking forward to reading more about the new digs.

Looks as though the Deck 14 GSs will have two balconies. One off the bedroom area and the other off the sitting area.

Have one couple in our party booked into GS-14330. Looking forward to reading more about the new digs.

Looks as though the Deck 14 GSs will have two balconies. One off the bedroom area and the other off the sitting area.

As they get higher, the balconies get smaller (true for even the AQTS). So even though the deck 14 has two, the sum total balcony would be smaller than the one below it.