Complaint about Gifts

geoherb

One of our friends sent us several gifts to help us celebrate our anniversary, wedding, Christmas, and our birthdays--one for each event. Unfortunately, Princess delivered most of them the first afternoon. The chocolate-covered strawberries were in our cabin when we arrived. About an hour later, someone delivered the chilled shrimp on ice and the deluxe canapés.

I wish Princess would have given us cards notifying us of these gifts to let us order them when we wanted instead of bringing everything the first afternoon. We were happy that our friend wanted to help us celebrate, but it would have been better if we could have drawn out the celebration.

One of our friends sent us several gifts to help us celebrate our anniversary, wedding, Christmas, and our birthdays--one for each event. Unfortunately, Princess delivered most of them the first afternoon. The chocolate-covered strawberries were in our cabin when we arrived. About an hour later, someone delivered the chilled shrimp on ice and the deluxe canapés.

I wish Princess would have given us cards notifying us of these gifts to let us order them when we wanted instead of bringing everything the first afternoon. We were happy that our friend wanted to help us celebrate, but it would have been better if we could have drawn out the celebration.

What thoughtful friends you have!!

Hmmm... when I've purchased gifts for folks, the Princess person has always asked when we wanted the gift delivered. They apparently have a date field in their system. Maybe your friend wasn't asked and the system defaulted to the first day...

Hmmm... when I've purchased gifts for folks, the Princess person has always asked when we wanted the gift delivered. They apparently have a date field in their system. Maybe your friend wasn't asked and the system defaulted to the first day...

Or maybe your friends picked the first day so you would have them at the beginning. I have ALWAYS been asked what day I want a gift delivered to the receipent and also asked when if it was being delivered to us.

As noted, Princess usually requests a delivery date. If they used the fax form, there is actually no place to specify a delivery date, so this happens.

Seriously... http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/pdf/Celebrations_Order_Form.pdf

It's a very valid complaint as the form could be better designed to avoid this sort of thing. You would also hope someone from room service would notice, and they might have later in the trip, but first day is such a busy time I am not surprised.

Even that one doesn't seem to have a separate line for each item, so all of them will get delivered on the same date if one is put in there...

Look under 'Gifts & Services', last page of the pdf is the new fax form. It has a line for preferred delivery date underneath the ship name.

Yes, she is very thoughtful and generous. She went with us on our 2012 December cruise and we had a great time together. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary of being together and our recent wedding plus my birthday was eight days before the cruise and DH's was three days after the cruise plus Christmas. That was a lot to celebrate and she went overboard. (Better this cruise than the last one.)

The order form I saw on the Princess website had a place for one desired delivery date, not an option for each separate item. I still think it would be nice for Princess to deliver a card for each gift that would allow us to choose when to receive it. That way we could plan when we wanted to receive an item.

I suggest looking a gift course in the mouth, and opening a bottle of alcohol as you enjoy the snacks.

Look under 'Gifts & Services', last page of the pdf is the new fax form. It has a line for preferred delivery date underneath the ship name.

Even that one doesn't seem to have a separate line for each item, so all of them will get delivered on the same date if one is put in there...

I would guess that you have to submit a separate form for each gift in that case. An extra hassle that shouldn't be necessary but, if you want to order multiple gifts that are delivered on different days, that would seem to be the logical way to go about it.

Edited by Thrak

I would guess that you have to submit a separate form for each gift in that case. An extra hassle that shouldn't be necessary but, if you want to order multiple gifts that are delivered on different days, that would seem to be the logical way to go about it.

=========================================

That's exactly what I would do!

LuLu

Typical Princess inconsistency.

I ordered chilled shrimp trays, vegetable trays, cheese tray, guacamole and chips, etc for a sailaway on our balcony where we had invited friends only to be told when I called to redeem the vouchers that they could not deliver until the next day.

Thankfully I could get alcohol delivered so I managed to get the guests happy on empty stomachs.

Mike:)

I suggest looking a gift course in the mouth, and opening a bottle of alcohol as you enjoy the snacks.

Hilarious!! :D

I think the only way around this "problem" is to order each item separately on a different fax sheet with different delivery dates IF you want to use the fax form.

If ordering by phone, they've always asked me, "When do you want this delivered?" then on the next gift, "When do you want this one delivered?" and so on.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
sp

Whenever I receive gifts from my TA, I have always received a voucher to redeem. This does require a little bit of planning since food items do need a lead time.

You have very thoughtful friends. I hope you enjoyed all the pampering.

We had the same thing happen on our recent cruise. We returned to the cabin after having lunch to find canapes and a very large cheese plate (gifts from our son). I called room service and they came and removed them and then we called later in the cruise to have them delivered on different days. They were not in any way put out and it seemed as if this happens a lot from their reaction to my call. the chocolates we had to go get from the store with a gift card.