M/S Carnival Freedom

M/S Celebrity Silhouette

M/S Century

M/S Eurodam

M/S Nieuw Amsterdam

M/S Prinsendam

M/S Royal Princess

8 Ships**21,669

I know of people embarking on Century and disembarking Eurodam!

The airport is a zoo today. We did self disembarkation from the Century this morning. Fairly smooth since we were near the front of the line. Walked off after some immigration delays around 7:45 and were at the airport around 8.

However, the checkin / baggage drop off lines in the terminal were insane. There must be a lot of people needing flight rearrangements due to the winter weather up north. United had no separate lines for simple dropoff versus full service, so the lines barely moved.

We went back outside and used the curbside skycaps for the baggage instead since our boarding passes were printed on the ship last night.

I would guess that the lines inside are at least an hour, maybe two. There was even a local news station taking video today.

we began opting for a post cruise overnight just to avoid the mad scramble of the airport. A lot easierbthe following day.....just sayin'

An excellent idea! How would you like to be the harbor master with all those ships coming and going? :eek:

The airport is a zoo today....the checkin / baggage drop off lines in the terminal were insane. There must be a lot of people needing flight rearrangements due to the winter weather up north.

Agreed. I flew out of FLL today (non-cruise related.) Got to the airport about 5:45 am (i.e. before cruise pax) and it was already well on the way to being a hot mess.

Agreed. I flew out of FLL today (non-cruise related.) Got to the airport about 5:45 am (i.e. before cruise pax) and it was already well on the way to being a hot mess.

I'd rather be in FLL than Miami....never ever, no way, no how Miami again...

1. It is one of the filthiest airports and filthiest Admirals Club I've seen.

2. The baggage porters are very VERY pushy for tips.

3. No taxis to be seen when we left the ship...even the the first off the ship had to wait for taxis to be called.

4. Unlike FLL, there is no security check of taxis, cars, trucks entering the POM.

I will say one positive note...Hermes at the terminal check-in was very friendly.

We had a 5:00 flight our of FLL and it was a zoo. Just horrible

Sorry to hear that. It has worked for us as we are the last to get off the ship, get to the airport, go to Chili's to relax and have a leisurely lunch, and then just find our gate and relax again.....read, people watch, etc. For us it may be crowded but it's not stressful for us....just going with the flow!