Port Canaveral newbie!

klfhngr

Depending on what you are looking for, upscale or a more casual hotel.

For the latter, we always stay at -

Quality Inn & Suites, 2520 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL

Our stay next month: $107

Incl: free shuttle airport to hotel, and hotel to the cruise pier the next morning

.......free hot breakfast

Exterior corridors, rooms are standard and clean.

Snack bar

Outdoor pool / poolside Bar

Free Wi-fi

In-room coffee maker

We enjoy it because it is full of cruisers. The night before the cruise everyone congregates around the pool for pre-dinner cocktails. Very enjoyable meeting new folks all in happy cruise mode.

Within walking distance are several restaurants, several stores including a K-Mart that has a good selection of popular wines if you are planning on bringing some on board.

Breakfast next morning is alfresco around the pool. Again being enjoyed by excited cruisers.

Depending on what you are looking for, upscale or a more casual hotel.

For the latter, we always stay at -

Quality Inn & Suites, 2520 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL

Our stay next month: $107

Incl: free shuttle airport to hotel, and hotel to the cruise pier the next morning

.......free hot breakfast

Exterior corridors, rooms are standard and clean.

Snack bar

Outdoor pool / poolside Bar

Free Wi-fi

In-room coffee maker

We enjoy it because it is full of cruisers. The night before the cruise everyone congregates around the pool for pre-dinner cocktails. Very enjoyable meeting new folks all in happy cruise mode.

Within walking distance are several restaurants, several stores including a K-Mart that has a good selection of popular wines if you are planning on bringing some on board.

Breakfast next morning is alfresco around the pool. Again being enjoyed by excited cruisers.

then how long of a shuttle ride is it from Hollywood to Port Canaveral?

Too many variables here.

You mean for a couple of days before/after? The night before? Where you flying into? What are you looking for in staying?

Orlando airport area which is an approx. 35-45 min drive to the port has all brands of hotels you could want/need. Even staying at the Hyatt in the airport is an option then as mentioned above, catch a shuttle to the port.

FLL and MIA are 3-3.5 hours away on a good day depending on traffic/accidents on 95).

Daytona is approx. 1 hour away north of the port.

Cocoa Beach is 10 min. away.

Are you really flying into Miami for a Port Canaveral cruise port ?? Do you mean Port Everglades??

I believe the OP listed Miami (along with other locations) because they were unfamiliar with what was close to the Port Canaveral area.

Where do we stay? Ft. Laud., Miami, Daytona Beach?! Or?? Please help... :)

Ok, I'm a little confused and it doesn't take much to confuse me.

Your signature says that your sailing on the Allure. The Allure leaves out of Port Everglades not Port Canaveral.

If that's the case you sure don't want to stay in Daytona Beach.

Edited by Florida Scorpion

Ok, I'm a little confused and it doesn't take much to cofuse me.

Your signature says that your sailing on the Allure. The Allure leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale not Port Canaveral.

If that's the case you sure don't want to stay in Daytona Beach.

Good catch, I just read the subject line of the original post which said PC. The OP probably meant Port Everglades not Port Canaveral. In that case, ignore my posts in this thread.:o

Ahhhhhhsoooooooo Now I am getting a bigger picture here. The Allure is out of Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale). He means Port Everglades NOT Port Canaveral if it is for the ship he does in fact show on his signature.

I read a post the other day where a person got in a taxi at FLL and had them drive to Miami port when it was in fact Ft. Lauderdale the ship was based out of....Lets hope this person does not do the same and get a taxi all the way Port Canaveral......

Edited by FireEater

Assuming you are sailing out of Port Everglades, I'd stay in the Ft. Lauderdale area. If you are flying in, then FLL is the closest airport. There are many hotels in the area with shuttles to/from the airport and port.

I'll post the Florida Departures board link again:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Also look at post #4 because jerrib apparently understood your initial post better than I did.:)

Ahhhhhhsoooooooo Now I am getting a bigger picture here. The Allure is out of Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale). He means Port Everglades NOT Port Canaveral if it is for the ship he does in fact show on his signature.

I read a post the other day where a person got in a taxi at FLL and had them drive to Miami port when it was in fact Ft. Lauderdale the ship was based out of....Lets hope this person does not do the same and get a taxi all the way Port Canaveral......

Port Everglades...Port Canaveral. They're both ports aren't they? They both have ships? Where's the problem? :D

Since you are sailing on the Allure don't even consider Port Canaveral. The Allure sails out of Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale. Follow Clarea's (Bob) advice and check out the Florida Departures Board, lot's of info therre on Ft. Lauderdale and Miami hotels.

Oh my gosh!

Not for nothing.....but thanks to us so far....this could easily happen to the OP. Don't you sometimes wish you could just erase all the posts and start over?

Please OP, come back to us with the specifics and we will try to give you more intelligent answers.

By the way, if it turns out that you are cruising out of Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale), then my original hotel suggestion stands. And the hotel in Hollywood is 5.5 miles from the cruise pier.

My apologies everyone! You're all right, Port Everglades! Also, we're flying into FLL, unless Miami is considerably cheaper. So, now that we know that it's near FLL, I guess we'll stay there also!

Again, my apologies and thanks everyone for your replies!

• 2 weeks later...