Live from Sapphire 1/9/14

Working 2 Cruise

Just checked in... Fast and furious albeit with a hiccup! A full US Immigration inspection is being done... Delays in boarding... Cabins will not be available until 1:30 pm... 😫😖

Also, the previously available preferred lounge is now only for elite passengers... Platinum passengers are in a section of their own... No coffee, etc.

Our first sight of the ship was wonderful and we won't let minor inconveniences in any way, shape or form detract from our enjoyment of our cruise!

Hi Frank!

Embarkation lunch consisted of ham rolls with Russian salad and asparagus, then lobster kromeskies and chocolate eclair...

DH is already taking a nap!

I noticed the new body wash and shampoo dispensers.

This has all been done from my iPhone and as you all know.. That is going to have to go on airplane mode.

Until later!

Well folks, I finally set up my internet minutes!

Lunch was wonderful. We walked into the International Dining Room and were greeted by a chorus of welcomes, from the headwaiter to all of the waiters... It was great!

Had the lobster something or other... Sorry, I can't remember... My DH had the hamburger. Also for starters, we had the ham rolls with Russian salad and asparagus. That was delicious!

Took care of a little business, then muster drill... then we headed to sailaway, which was great, if a little chilly! Of course, I've never sailed in January, but it wasn't unexpected. The band, Tempo Quatro, was great!

Captain: Nick Carlton

CD: Gavin Chandler

Maitre d': Silvio Zampiero

Executive Chef: Andrea Balardo

One thing of note: A woman was talking to me about being very unhappy about her cabin. There are three people in her cabin and she expected three regular beds... She said "she paid full fare on all three" and she did expect three beds and she did not get it. She went to the Purser's Desk who told her what I did. Three regular beds do not exist on Princess, except for suites and mini-suites (with the sofa pull out bed). She was demanding compensation! :mad::eek:

It does pay to do your research.

We will be heading out to Skywalkers soon for a Cosmo and a shrimp fountain. I just cannot eat too much or dinner will be a very sad one!

Until later!

Just checked in... Fast and furious albeit with a hiccup! A full US Immigration inspection is being done... Delays in boarding... Cabins will not be available until 1:30 pm... 😫😖

Also, the previously available preferred lounge is now only for elite passengers... Platinum passengers are in a section of their own... No coffee, etc.

Our first sight of the ship was wonderful and we won't let minor inconveniences in any way, shape or form detract from our enjoyment of our cruise!

That is interesting. That's the same thing they told us on 12/22. Why would the full immigration happen twice within 2 weeks? We got the same song & dance that the cabins wouldn't be available until 1:30pm. They were ready by 12:15 as usual.

Nina...are they still giving a drink voucher in lieu of the Captain's Circle party?

Hope Norman & you have a great cruise! :)

We got off the Sapphire this morning and, yes, we got drink vouchers.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hello all!

Sorry but I'm having problems connecting with my laptop...

Yes we have the free coupons for drinks...

Frank, sorry I have no info as to the most travelled... It's going to be a while until I get there!!!

I managed to twist my knee badly in Skywalkers last night so that put a dampe on festivities... Just had dinner in HC where London broil was served.. It was pretty good. Since I have the knee issue, we are going to hang around the ship today, soak in the jacuzzi, watch Now You See Me and Steve Moris tonight.

Any day on a ship is a good day!

As for the bands in the Wheelhouse, they change daily... Yesterday was Doug and Orchestra. Tonight is Singular Duo.

Pam, Jimmy, this is truly wonderful!

GM everyone,

We got off the Sapphire yesterday after the 4 day CA Coastal. All in all the cruise was a good one.....Excellent service in the restaurants, great food in the dining rooms, an excellent room steward (we had a mini-suite), terrific weather. We are not usually complainers but..... there was one issue that was not up to the previous standard that we experienced on the Ruby, Emerald, Star and Royal. Horizon buffet had a very limited selection of food, and what was offered seemed to be lacking in taste and presentation.

There.... I've said it!

Otherwise the ship and crew did a very good job.

Mike