Cruise Log

Alphen

RTDM is sending me a scanned copy of your missing cruise log - They want to know if you want it in English or Dutch; I told them English ;) - As soon as I have it, you'll have it

Absolutely perfect, many thanks :D

We have noticed that on some days of our cruises as well.

This is also the reason that we will ask for original “On Location” in English for our next cruise. On our past cruise the translated Dutch version was much later in our cabin, had many errors in it (which I can read past), but we also discovered that items in the schedule went missing in translation which was inconvenient.

Perhap another cutback! :confused: After all, these 'cruise logs' have to be hand delivered to the mail holder of every stateroom on the morning of disembarkation so with the reduction in staff, coupled with the extra duties that all the staff have to perform on the day of disembarkation, then perhaps they now have to be picked up at the Front Desk, such as has to be now done with the daily news bulletins, that formally were also delivered daily to every stateroom! ;) Did you ask at the Front Desk on the morning of your disembarkation why the cruise log had not been delivered to your stateroom? :confused:

They deliver final accounts to everyone at the end of the cruise, adding the cruise log to that won't take that much extra effort. :rolleyes:

I didn't get one for our last 2 cruises on the Statendam. I actually had to ask the concierge for them. Like others I was thinking another cut back but I finally got them the morning we disembarked.

We never get it until the end of the cruise. Our steward usually leaves it on our bed last night but we have sometimes found it in our mailbox early last morning.

Edited by sail7seas

Funny, the cruise log of our Canada cruise in September on Eurodam had the wrong weather data for every day. It made me laugh it was so off, actually. Wonder what happened there.

I really don't think most of the information is entirely accurate. The ship probably uses information gathered from previous stops at those ports. It makes it a lot easier to produce the Cruise log and get it out to the cabins.

I really don't think most of the information is entirely accurate. The ship probably uses information gathered from previous stops at those ports. It makes it a lot easier to produce the Cruise log and get it out to the cabins.

Nope; one of the junior Deck officers is responsible for obtaining the port, weather, long and lat and nautical mileage info from the Bridge log and transfer that to what will eventually become the cruise log which is distributed by HK

Nope; one of the junior Deck officers is responsible for obtaining the port, weather, long and lat and nautical mileage info from the Bridge log and transfer that to what will eventually become the cruise log which is distributed by HK

Just want to say, on our P'dam cruise which was quite a different itinerary and only done once - I did keep track - when we got our cruise log - it matched everything - it definitely was an accurate statement of the weather, seas, etc.

We always enjoy getting the cruise log :D

Received one in our cabin mailbox on NADM, a week ago last Saturday so it's not a matter of "cutbacks". Sometimes, on the evening they are being distributed by HK, they get removed by other pax who, for whatever reason, require a second one and feel that's the best way to go about obtaining it!:

This is why I really prefer to have mail slipped under the door. I had the experience of seeing a pax walk down the hall and take something out of a mailbox, keep walking. He was not the occupant of that cabin, since I knew them by sight.

Interesting. Who is responsible for all the info on the scan display or whatever it is called these days? Love all that info and wish it could be updated more often!

Our Junior officer must've not graduated from the "this is a sunny day, this is a rainy day, this is a day in the 40s, this is a day in the 70s" class at that time then. :)

[quote name='SilvertoGold']This is why I really prefer to have mail slipped under the door. I had the experience of seeing a pax walk down the hall and take something out of a mailbox, keep walking. He was not the occupant of that cabin, since I knew them by sight.[/QUOTE]

That drives me nuts when people do that. I guess it's ok to do that at the trailer park:eek:. I wonder how people would like that if someone did that to them.

[quote name='sppunk']Our Junior officer must've not graduated from the "this is a sunny day, this is a rainy day, this is a day in the 40s, this is a day in the 70s" class at that time then. :)[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Perhaps yours was a cadet! ;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='cruz chic']That drives me nuts when people do that. I guess it's ok to do that at the trailer park:eek:. I wonder how people would like that if someone did that to them.[/QUOTE]

Why would it be ok to do at a trailer park.

I don't get it. :confused:

[quote name='SilvertoGold']This is why I really prefer to have mail slipped under the door. I had the experience of seeing a pax walk down the hall and take something out of a mailbox, keep walking. He was not the occupant of that cabin, since I knew them by sight.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cruz chic']That drives me nuts when people do that. I guess it's ok to do that at the trailer park:eek:. I wonder how people would like that if someone did that to them.[/QUOTE]
It's a Federal crime no matter where it's done.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Theft of Mail on terra firma falls under Title 18 of the U.S. Code and is a Federal Offense in the U.S.; that statute does not, however, apply to someone removing any "mail" and/or papers from the mail receptacle attached to the bulkhead adjacent the cabin/stateroom door on a cruise ship [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Theft of Mail on terra firma falls under Title 18 of the U.S. Code and is a Federal Offense in the U.S.; that statute does not, however, apply to someone removing any "mail" and/or papers from the mail receptacle attached to the bulkhead adjacent the cabin/stateroom door on a cruise ship [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

All the more reason to put mail under the door! HAL used to do this some years ago. Then they installed the "mailboxes". I'd be happy to have mail left on the bed, but our cabins stewards never seem to want to do that except at turn-down.

We received our Cruise Log on deparkation morning AFTER breakfast. I thought we weren't going to get one but there is was, in the slot over the door number when we returned for our carry off luggage. Made it difficult to find a place to put it and was next to useless for information.

I don't know if it was the whole ship or just our room steward, who it seemed to us, did the bare minimum the whole trip.:(

[quote name='sppunk']Funny, the cruise log of our Canada cruise in September on Eurodam had the wrong weather data for every day. It made me laugh it was so off, actually. Wonder what happened there.[/QUOTE]

Most likely it is because our Atlantic Canada weather is unpredictable. :D:D
We have a saying here------if you don't like the weather, wait fifteen minutes and it will change. :eek: