Bucket List Cruises

Carpe_Diem

This may seem off-topic, but work with me here!

I have lots of bucket list cruise itineraries, and DW and I are working through them nicely now that I'm retired.

But there are 2 non-cruise bucket list items: own a Jaguar, and have a car with a V8 engine (before the govt bans them). So when I replace my car next spring, I'm thinking of a CPO 2011 Jaguar XF (V8, natch). The only problem is, it will be broken all the time! So that's my bucket list/ulcer list combo. :D:D:D

DH is looking at retirement in 18 months (but who's counting?).

My list includes a cruise to Antarctica, not sure where he wants to cruise, but as long as it's with me, that's okay.

As for the Jag... he has a 1987 V12 Vanden Plas. That thing can really move! Good thing it has 2 gas tanks. I'd love a newer one too, but not very practical up here with all the snow and we can't afford to cruise and another car.

So far we've chalked up 2 on our list. Australia/NZ circumnavigation and Panama Canal. This year we're going to the British Isles and a northern TA with stops in Norway and Iceland.

In the future:

The Mediterranean (has to include a stop where we can go to Pompeii)

South America - with the Galapagos if possible or one that goes a ways up the Amazon

South Pacific

The Orient

Africa

And the not quite so exotic:

Alaska (again)

New England in the fall

Our son keeps telling us we're spending his inheritance. :D

Hubby and I were talking about bucket list cruises the other day. His is Australia and mine is the Orient. Just curious as to what other people have in their bucket list.

We only started cruisung 4 years ago-wish we had started 20 years ago because as we knock off one bucket list cruise we seem to add 2 more. So far we have cruised hawaiian islands out of la, panama canal transit, alaska, Barcelona to venice and return, circumnavigation of the uk and this year we are doing the baltic. Each cruise was just magic for all sort of different reasons but up to now Alaska comes out tops, not only because of the scenery and wildlife but also we were extremely fortunate to have wall to wall sunshine the whole cruise! To anyone who has never cruised my advice is do it before you are too old.

Edited by buddymum

Many of my bucket list travel places are not something you can really do on a cruise: India, China (well, you can take a river cruise, but that only allows you to see a little...), etc.

I hope I will be able to get to Libya someday -- when it's safer -- to see the wonderful Roman ruins there (Leptis Magna, Sabratha).

As far as cruises go, I'd say the Black Sea, and also the British Isles.

Tahiti?Samoa/Hawaii round trip LA or SF

Paul, you sound like a man after my own heart! While right now our next planned cruise is back to Hawaii, I just know that the 28 Day Hawaii, Tahiti & Samoa Round trip out of LA would be a fabulous relaxing cruise. DW and I absolutely love sea days and tropical islands. ;) Now if the stockmarket would just cooperate!!:D

Hubby and I were talking about bucket list cruises the other day. His is Australia and mine is the Orient. Just curious as to what other people have in their bucket list.

Greek Isles

South Pacific

HAL's Voyage of the Vikings, round trip

A European river cruise

Edited by NMLady

Best cruises are long cruises on smaller ships.

Best for me was Rome to Singapore round WEST Africa - start in Med thru Gibralta, Morocco, Ghana, Senegal, Togo, Benin, Namibia, South Africa, Mozambique, Reunion, Seyschelles, Maricius, Oman, Dubai, Mumbai, Malaysia to Singapore. (66 days)

That would get you to Singapore too where there are some amazing asian cruises.

For those who repeat cruises to Alaska - It is lovely - BUT... just wait till you do Greenland, Iceland and the Farroe Islands.

My very first cruise was 7 months ago. I was hooked. Already took a second one last November.

My first cruise was Med/Greek Islands so I think I created too high expectations for myself! Because my last cruise was Cozumel/Grand Cayman and it wasn't nearly as enjoyable.

I am cruising again this June to Alaska.

I think I am hooked on "Extreme Cruising" as I like to call it. The Caribbean just won't do. My list includes:

Antarctica

British Isles

Transatlantic

and I'm sure I'll be adding other exotic locations as I research!

So cool to read a outs others lists - gives me some great places to research!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app