How To Get Airline Boarding Pass Printed Before Disembark?

florida lover

We have always left our flight confirmation info with someone we trust at home and had them sign in for us. Then when we get to the airport we print out the boarding passes at the airlines kiosk. Hope this helps. I doubt the pursers desk will print it out for you, they will probably direct you to the internet room let you do it yourself.

Sorry for this question but I am truly interested...as I see the question asked by the OP a lot.

Do US airlines not have smart phone apps where you can check in and download an electronic boarding pass? (the type with barcode) (moot point if you dont have a smart phone I know).

Flying within Europe, I dont think I have printed a boarding pass in the last 3 or 4 years.

In addition, if you have a smartphone, most airlines offer an app that will permit you to check in for your flight from the app, and get a mobile boarding pass on your smartphone, so you don't have to bother trying to print them out. Most apps will even let you select seats, pay for checked luggage charges (if applicable), etc., all right on your smartphone.

If you do this before returning to the US, you will have to purchase internet minutes on the ship and use the ship's wifi network. But, if you're comfortable waiting until you reach port the morning of disembarkation, you can simply do it using your usual data access from our smartphone.

I know not everyone has a smartphone but, as more and more people do these days, I thought it worth mentioning.

The Internet Cafe on the ship tends to be VERY busy the day before disembarkation with people checking in for flights.

Best of luck, and happy cruising. :)

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

I always check in and print my boarding pass in the internet cafe the day before disembarkation. I get some free minutes now that I'm platinum but used to purchase some anyhow to stay in touch. The internet cafe is busy that day but I've never been unable to get terminal and be ready to go exactly 24 hours in advance as Southwest requires for good boarding position. Works fine. ;)

If you are flying on Southwest, like we are (Bags fly free), there is an upgrade option for $12.50 per flight to have the airline check you in 36 hours prior to your flight. For our family of 4, the extra $50 each way is worth being able to start and end our vacation by sitting together. I figured I just plopped several thousand dollars for the week, what is a little more.

I also don't have to worry about dealing with the crowd at the internet cafe.

Other airlines (United for sure, others perhaps) give you the option of checking in for the remainder of your itinerary when you check in for the first leg. You can use this and just print a boarding pass at the kiosk at the airport.

Will the pursers desk print out airline boarding passes for passengers disembarking, if not how do we best handle this?

Thank you!

Unless you are flying SW, there is no advantage to printing your passes ahead of time. Just print them at the airport.

DON

Will the pursers desk print out airline boarding passes for passengers disembarking, if not how do we best handle this?
EZ-Check: For $20/pp plus any baggage fees, Princess will check you in, print your boarding pass, and print your airline luggage tags. You put your bags out the night before (with the airline tag on) and they are trucked to the airline and you don't see them until you arrive at your destination. When you get to the airport, you go directly to Security.

It's available in some ports (including FLL) for most major airlines. Your flight must leave after 11:30am in FLL, 2pm at MIA and your final destination must be in the US. For some, it's well worth the money. I bring an extra copy of my air confirmation to hand in with the form.

Sorry for this question but I am truly interested...as I see the question asked by the OP a lot.

Do US airlines not have smart phone apps where you can check in and download an electronic boarding pass? (the type with barcode) (moot point if you dont have a smart phone I know).

Flying within Europe, I dont think I have printed a boarding pass in the last 3 or 4 years.

Many do. I've used it a couple of times but tend to just print out a paper copy when I get to the airport. I was at SFO when the reader wasn't working and had to go print one out. I find that if I'm not checking bags, the kiosks for printing boarding passes usually have zero-to-small lines, and if I'm checking a bag, I have to wait in line to get the baggage tag anyway, so its not a huge time saver for me and having the paper copy in hand saves me the hassle should the tech (theirs or mine) not work properly.

I've checked in for our Southwest flights by using some of our free Internet minutes. Most of the time I do this on our laptop. Last month, however, we were staying in Fort Lauderdale for one night after our cruise. (It was a few hundred dollars cheaper to do so.) I downloaded the Southwest app to my phone and checked in with it instead of through the Internet the morning we disembarked.

I've never bothered printing off our boarding passes on the ship. We check in 24 hours ahead of time to get good numbers. Once we're assigned those numbers, the boarding passes print out with them at the airport the next day.

Pam....how do we find out if we are on a cruise ship or airport that does ez check. I am on the Grand Princess to Hawaii and sailing from SF if that helps.
I'd call Princess but even then, you may not get an accurate answer. I don't know if it's offered in SF. :(

If you fly United when you check in for your first leg they give you options for checking in on your second leg. They include an auto check-in feature where the airline will check you in. You can choose whether to get your boarding pass via e-mail, fax or just print it at the kiosk at the airport. We use it all the time, especially when flying internationally and just let them check us in and print the boarding passes when we get to the airport.

If you have a smart phone and the app from your airline, you can check in on your phone and several us airlines will send a mobile boarding pass to your phone. I know united and American do this and I assume other airlines do as well.

Edited by Viv0828

I haven't flown for about a year, but what happened to e-tickets? I haven't carried boarding passes to the airport for years. I get 'em once I'm at the airport.

Edited by bdjam

Unless you are flying SW, there is no advantage to printing your passes ahead of time. Just print them at the airport.

DON

Last year we had an early flight home from FLL. The ship arrived late and it took forever to just get off the ship. There was a long line and do mean long line for customs. Those that had their printed airline boarding passes that showed they had an early flight out, we assisted to the front of the line by Princess. Since we didn't have our boarding pass, we had to wait in line and missed our flight home.

Roger

Last year we had an early flight home from FLL. The ship arrived late and it took forever to just get off the ship. There was a long line and do mean long line for customs. Those that had their printed airline boarding passes that showed they had an early flight out, we assisted to the front of the line by Princess. Since we didn't have our boarding pass, we had to wait in line and missed our flight home.

Roger

You could have showed them your confirmations which show the flight times.

EZ-Check: For $20/pp plus any baggage fees, Princess will check you in, print your boarding pass, and print your airline luggage tags. You put your bags out the night before (with the airline tag on) and they are trucked to the airline and you don't see them until you arrive at your destination. When you get to the airport, you go directly to Security.

It's available in some ports (including FLL) for most major airlines. Your flight must leave after 11:30am in FLL, 2pm at MIA and your final destination must be in the US. For some, it's well worth the money. I bring an extra copy of my air confirmation to hand in with the form.

We used EZ-check for the first time this fall from FLL and it worked great. It's well worth the $20 fee. Just wish it was available at LAX.

I have always checked in from the internet cafe and printed my boarding passes there Instructions are on the printer by the internet manager who will probably be on duty as he knows it gets busy and will assist.

I have sometimes been charged 50cents for the print but sometimes it has been free This on both Princess Australia and Princess USA

When checking in using the Internet café, it usually takes about 1/2 hour just to log into my airline's site, I can print out our boarding passes (50 cents/page). Checking in is available for most US airlines 24 hours prior to flight time, and it is best to do so then.

One caution - make sure you know what time zones you are currently in and the one for the airport. One cruise the internet café was particularly busy and the internet slow, such that it took over 45 minutes just to do a simple check-in online - and that's after waiting in line for a terminal. The people next to me went all through this process, with multiple pages on the airline website loading very slowly, only to find that they hadn't accounted for time zone changes, and it was 25 hours before their flight time! :eek: They were not the happiest campers on the ship...;)

Edited by Times Prince

I printed my boarding pass on my last CB cruise. It was fast and free and the Internet Manager actually printed it for me. He also had help the day before disembarkation and it really made everything go smoothly. I was going to download it on my smartphone and then at the airport I saw several people having a problem and was glad I didn't!