Upsell offer for suite

jean s

I just received an upsell offer in an email from Princess. We are in a mid-ship mini suite on dolphin deck on the Caribbean Princess out of Houston. We paid what I consider a reasonable price and are in a great spot. I don't mind the dolphin deck uncovered balconies. The upsell offer is for a suite for an additional $299 per person. Is this a decent price? As there are a variety of suites available, which would be the best to request? Are there certain suites to steer away from because of noisy areas above and below? Thanks for any advice!

I just received an upsell offer in an email from Princess. We are in a mid-ship mini suite on dolphin deck on the Caribbean Princess out of Houston. We paid what I consider a reasonable price and are in a great spot. I don't mind the dolphin deck uncovered balconies. The upsell offer is for a suite for an additional $299 per person. Is this a decent price? As there are a variety of suites available, which would be the best to request? Are there certain suites to steer away from because of noisy areas above and below? Thanks for any advice!

I would stay with the Mini, $600 is alot of drinks etc. ;)

Personally, I'd take it assuming you like the location of the full suite. You get breakfast at Sabatini's, the mini-bar set-up, first night specialty restaurant dining and more in addition to the extra space. While I wouldn't pay several thousand dollars more for the full suite, I'd probably do it for a couple hundred. Choice of cabin is up to personal opinion. I like the aft suites, but some people don't like the noise and think it's too far back.

Edited by KruzPrincess

OMG, I would take that offer in a heartbeat. We got an upsell offer on a 14 day in Nov 2012. It was $699 pp. I didn't hestitate. We are leaving Sunday on a 15 day cruise to Hawaii and I have a mid ship mini and was hoping for the upsell, but alas no offer. If I were to pay for the full suite, the price would have been more than double what I paid for the mini. The perks we used most on the Nov 2012 trip was in room dining from the MDR menu and the DVD's. I'm jealous.

Patty

I'd be with Colo Cruiser -- but if a suite is something you've always wanted to experience and you have the money EXTRA (!) -- check cruisedeckplans or cruiseadvice for desirable cabins on your ship.

We had a midship/midheight balcony on our most recent cruise (not on Princess), and I told my husband NOT to take an upgrade or upsell!

I would stay away from the Riviera deck penthouse suites as the balcony is only 5 foot deep. We accepted an upsell on our 11 day Baltic cruise last June. Only suites left were the Riviera deck penthouse suites. We knew about the width issue. I wouldn't pay full price for that narrow balcony. I would go with one of the two Dolphin deck (9) Vista Suites (S6) because you would have a view to the side as well as aft. Friends had an upgrade to an Emerald deck (8) Vista Suite a couple of years ago. They found the wake noise to be a bit much.

Thanks for any and all advice. I'm going to have to make the decison today. If I do it I am not going to tell my dh. I think a "suite surprise" would be great. We are platinum on Princess but have never been in a suite. I am leaning towards doing it as we are also celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Jean...I love your idea of a suite surprise.

It is possible that Princess is offering you a Window Suite (no balcony) down in the lower deck.

Steve

I doubt it. Those usually go to those with outside cabins.

I have now studied all the suites and I do like the idea of an aft suite. If a suite on the deck above the vista lounge is available is noise from below a significant issue?

Many have reported hearing the noise from the lounge. See if you can get a Dolphin Vista which would be better.

Mike:)

We stay in these exclusivly. My preference is Dolphin deck but on our last trip on the Golden in Nov we had E733 on the starboard side. No noise at all from the Vista Lounge. Some who have stayed on the port side have commented that they felt some vibration through the floor because that is the side that the stage is on as well as the ceiling mounted speakers. We were booked into E733 again for our 31 day trip in Apr but D736 opened up and Princess called my TA. She jumped on it for me. The balconies are about 1/4 bigger on Dolphine deck. At one point on the Diamond I had over 20 people on mine and it wasn't crowded.

If you can get an aft Vista for the $299.00 upsell offer; jump on it. Aft Vistas are the best.....:):):)

Bob

Second Bob's recommendation. Dolphin Vista Suites are our cabin of choice when booking a suite. Only four cabins on this deck aft, very quiet, large balcony, can't beat it.

There has been a lot of previous discussion about noise, regarding the Emerald port-side Vista suite above the nightclub, and about the Riviera deck suites under the pool area. If you google E732 there is even a youtube clip about it. Also, the forward suites have some discussion about being too windy to use on sea days. I would choose carefully if you upgrade to a suite from a room you really like. We are in a CB aft Vista suite for a March cruise and I did a lot of research before booking, fwiw. We are very particular, though. You may find that earplugs will keep you happy as a clam, and the suite perks are sweet!

Just spoke with Princess. The suites available for the upsell are Riviera mid ship. I am hesitant because it is directly below the Lido deck which I am assuming can be noisy with moving chaise lounges and people walking and youngsters running. I am an early riser so it would not bother me buy my dh likes to sleep in and I wonder if this spot would be too noisy. Any feedback from experience is appreciated. The cruise is in February but I need to get back to Princess asap. Thanks