I have to confess.......

I am a Diamond Royal Caribbean member and I truly love everything about RC but, I am booked on the Breakaway in three weeks. A group of friends are going on the ship, and we have decided to join them. We will be back on the Quantum in February, but we are feeling guilty.

We look forward to seeing the Breakaway, and this will also be our fiirst NCL cruise. We will let you know how it goes..............

I am a Diamond Royal Caribbean member and I truly love everything about RC but, I am booked on the Breakaway in three weeks. A group of friends are going on the ship, and we have decided to join them. We will be back on the Quantum in February, but we are feeling guilty.

We look forward to seeing the Breakaway, and this will also be our fiirst NCL cruise. We will let you know how it goes..............

Do not feel bad. Confession is good for the soul. May I suggest three Bloody Mary for a complete absolution.

I doubt if I could do it even if it was with friends. Actually, I asked DH recently if he wanted to try another line (with fingers crossed behind my back that he said no!!!). He said no and asked why would we want to mess with something that worked so well for us! Phew, was I ever relieved! I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with us on this topic, but who cares! We like RCI and "maybe" someday will try a Celebrity ship (although I have doubts we'll do that even though they are owned by RCI).

Have fun but hurry back to RCI!

I don't understand this level of commitment. I'm happy you like RCI, but feeling "guilty" about sailing another line? I hope this is a joke.:confused:

I agree with this.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Cruiser: Don't feel guilty. We cruise Royal often also and really like their line and discounts offered to past cruisers but we cruise other lines also.Got off the Oasis 4 weeks ago and leaving on another line next sat. Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida

I'm planning on being on the Getaway this year and I'm not feeling close to feeling guilty. While I like RCI, I plan on trying other lines in the future. Princess, Cunard, HAL, Disney and Oceania....all come to mind.

Edited by Erik101

Please come back and post your comparisons. I am also diamond and am starting to look at other lines since I'm bored of the itineraries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

soooo feel the same way...can't wait to hear back post cruise from you

Having sailed NCL this past September on an Alaskan Cruise, I would not consider sailing with them again other than for the itinerary.

Did not care for the food or freestyle dining. Always a wait for a table and the dining room service was horrible.

However, we had a suite and the butler service was great.

Edited by SAS21

If it was just DH and I and if we only cruised the Caribbean once or twice a year (or less), we'd likely stick with one cruise line. But we cruise multiple times a year, so having different menus, varied entertainment, different styles is really nice. And when we travel further or look for more unusual itineraries, considering multiple lines opens up many more dates and options. And sometimes a different cruise line suits the people sailing with us.

So, enjoy the differences on Breakaway. You will likely miss some things about the Royal Caribbean experience, especially the Diamond benefits...try not to dwell on those missing things while on the other ship, concentrating instead on making the most this cruise with your friends.

We are Diamond also and last year sailed on the Reflection, love the class of ship. We are leaving next weekend on Oasis for the second time. With that said though we are thinking of NCL for next year. Something new until the Oasis 3 comes out. The loyal program is good but can be over rated for what it is. :)

Can't wait to hear your review when you get back! :D

Sailed on RC twice in the past and have two RC cruises scheduled - this March on Indy and next March on Quantum. We did sail on Breakaway this past October to the Bahamas. Ship was great. Nightlife/entertainment, I must say, was better on Breakaway than RC. Only ate in main dining room once on Breakaway - the first night - and the food/choices were not as good as RC. Also the waiter we had was horrible. Brought us the wrong food twice. Another problem with the freestyle dining was the attire of some in the main dining room. I understand people like not getting dressed up, but I did not like seeing people in sweatpants for dinner. We ended up eating in the buffet one night and paying for specialty restaurants the other five nights. The multiple choices for specialty restaurants was nice. Have to say I really missed the main dining room experience on RC where you eat with the same people each night and have the same wait staff. Loved sailing from NYC on NCL. Was great not to have to pay for airfare since we are from Phila. area. All in all, I prefer RC but would not think twice about going back on Breakaway. We had a great time. Looking forward to Quantum sailing from this area!!

We sail mostly with RCCL, also Diamond, but if the price and itinerary is right we will sail other lines. We have enjoyed Celebrity, Holland America, P&O (UK) and NCL. Also did one Carnival cruise on Imagination which we would not do again.

No need to feel guilty, we still always come back to Royal!

Don't feel guilty, but you should do an evaluation after the Quantum, because both ships sail out of the same general area.

Please do not feel guilty. I intend on trying other cruiselines as well. I have a friend going on the Breakaway in the summer. I hope you you both have a super time as well. At the risk of starting a brouhaha about Carnival, I thought Carnival was the bomb when I took my first cruise. Then later on, I discovered Royal and the rest is history.

Have a super time and do come back and give us the scoop!

:D

I don't understand this level of commitment. I'm happy you like RCI, but feeling "guilty" about sailing another line? I hope this is a joke.:confused:

Maybe flowerlady is Adam Goldstein's wife. :D

Nah -- She'd be much higher than Diamond.

Edited by Jimnbigd