Beverage package, is it worth it?

molly5673

Do you drink a lot? If so it might be worth it to you. If you don't drink alot it probably would be a waste of your money. Only you can determine if it is worth it.

My idea of a lot is probably different than your idea of a lot! :D

Edited by readytolose

We just stick to the soda package.

We enjoy a few drinks before dinner in the CL

If we want a drink at dinner or a show we just buy it. Most of the time we dont.

Between the two of us our booze purchase has always been less than $100 dollars for the whole cruise.

Sea Ya

here's a hi-jacking question (that i apologize for)...

if you have prepurchased any alcoholic drink package, is the first drink (sail away drink i think they call it) free???

NO, you pay but you might be able to keep the glass.

I believe that you are asking if the package is available for your use as early as sailaway time.

The answer is: of course. But you have to ask for your drink in a plain glass, as the souvenir glass is not included in your package.

With the two wine bottle allowance, it wasn't worth it for us at all. We only bought two alcoholic cocktails and about four sodas in the entire cruise. I'm glad we didn't buy the packages. If you're a heavy soda drinker though, the soda package is most certainly worth it. However, I think you'd have to drink quite a bit to make the alcoholic packages worth it.

Word of caution though, don't buy the packages just if you want specialty coffee/tea, because depending on your ship, said coffee/tea might not even exist. As I understand, Starbucks isn't included in the packages, and that was the only "specialty" coffee/tea available at the Jewel, that I saw.

I'm deciding between the premium and ultimate for the oasis and have a few questions before I decide. Any help here would really be appreciated! Are the only difference between the two packages are the fresh squeezed juice, bottles of plain water, and speciality coffee?

I know the after dinner shooters are included in ultimate. Are they in the premium?

Is specialty coffee what's considered on the menu in the MDR or is it just what's offered in the promenade and specialty restaurants? I know Starbucks is excluded.

Is Evian the bottles of water that are listed in the ultimate or is it different?

Thanks everyone!

I mostly drink water (about 2 liters daily) so the water package works for me. Other than that, I don't drink beer, have a glass of wine with dinner sometimes and barely drink soda. So evaluate what you normally drink on vacation and you'll be able to determine which package will work for you.

I'm deciding between the premium and ultimate for the oasis and have a few questions before I decide. Any help here would really be appreciated! Are the only difference between the two packages are the fresh squeezed juice, bottles of plain water, and speciality coffee?

I know the after dinner shooters are included in ultimate. Are they in the premium?

Is specialty coffee what's considered on the menu in the MDR or is it just what's offered in the promenade and specialty restaurants? I know Starbucks is excluded.

Is Evian the bottles of water that are listed in the ultimate or is it different?

Thanks everyone!

Shooters are included in the premium but you don't keep the glass. Evian is not supposed to be included - it is the Dasani I think but on the Serenade in December we always got our water from one specific bar and the Evian was all they had so that is what we got. We had the premium package so I cant comment on the specialty coffees.

I know there are a million posts about this but I can't seem to get a clear answer.

I'm trying to work out the same thing myself.

At home I rarely drink alcohol during weekdays, but on holiday might have more. I'm actually thinking it might be more economical for me to get the Replenish Package and then just pay the extra if I want something alcoholic (plus we'll have our wine allowance anyway). I'll be travelling with my kids too so don't plan to drink much anyway, so the non-alcoholic cocktails would probably work for me.

I know there are threads that give an idea of the costs of various drinks, so maybe do a budget based on what you think you'll have and that will give you a per day basis to work out if it's worth it. I only have 4 "at sea" days out of 10, so I can't imagine being able to make a full package work to my advantage.

Shooters are included in the premium but you don't keep the glass. Evian is not supposed to be included - it is the Dasani I think but on the Serenade in December we always got our water from one specific bar and the Evian was all they had so that is what we got. We had the premium package so I cant comment on the specialty coffees.

Do you know if you can actually get a bottle of whatever, doesn't matter what brand, to take with you? Say I want to take a bottle to the gym or off the ship. Is that kind of bottle water offered in the packages?

I know there are a million posts about this but I can't seem to get a clear answer.

I know it may seem frustrating that you can not get a yes or no answer but it really does depend on how much you plan to drink. I am getting the ultimate package on my October cruise and to me it is well worth the price for everything it includes. Add up the number of each type of drink the package includes and the price and if the total is equal or more than the cost of the drink package then, yes it is worth it. I like it because I am not surprised by a bill at the end of the week. I normally do not drink a lot at home, but on a cruise I always seem to have an umbrella drink in my hand. And all the extras it includes makes the package worth it for me. It is also a plus that not everyone in the stateroom has to buy it.

I don't think it's worth it. We broke it down and would half to drink 6-8 drinks a day. Which can be done during sea days but not during port days. The last cruise DH and I spent $350 on drinks which was 1/2 the price of the alcohol package.

Can you get it and cancel at anytime?

Not sure if you can cancel it at anytime but you can order it as long as you have 4 days remaining on your cruise.

I saw that you have a lot of questions about Freedom, here is a link to the cruise line website that will answer a lot of your basic questions.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=FR&shipCode=FR&br=R

Food and drink information can be seen if you scroll down to dining options.