Erosion on Elite Benefits?

Scotto97

I'm just off the Sapphire and would like to ask long-time Elites a couple of questions regarding past benefits......

Did you previously receive upgraded robes and towels as supplied to the suites? (Our cabin steward told us we are not entitled to these)

Did you previously receive priority when requesting Traditional Dining?

Neither of these requests are now being honored, and the Captain's Circle host admitted Princess is wrestling with how to deal with so many new Elites. I got the impression that benefit reductions are on the way, and he did not believe a "Super Elite" category would be created

Edited by Scotto97

I'm just off the Sapphire and would like to ask long-time Elites a couple of questions regarding past benefits......

Did you previously receive upgraded robes and towels as supplied to the suites? (Our cabin steward told us we are not entitled to these)

Neither of these requests are now being honored, and the Captain's Circle host admitted Princess is wrestling with how to deal with so many new Elites. I got the impression that benefit reductions are on the way, and he did not believe a "Super Elite" category would be created

we normally travel in inside cabins and have never had a robe in our cabin, if we wanted one we could have got one off the steward but we didnt bother....with the towels they are the ordinary ones, nothing special and same with dinner no priority

Those benefits haven't been around for many, many years.

You can still get robes but they are the thin waffle type fabric. Priority dining is no longer available.

We get the plusher robes and better towels but always have to argue for them.

(Argue is a relative term - we do it with a smile!)

As far as dinner, so far we've booked our cruises far enough in advance that we haven't had to change our seating times on board.

I do know that several people have posted that the extra bathroom amenities are no longer being provided.

There can't be too many. The "preferred" boarding line is virtually empty and the other wraps around the terminal.

There can't be too many. The "preferred" boarding line is virtually empty and the other wraps around the terminal.

That depends on the cruise. Last January on the Grand Princess there were over 1000 Elites and nearly 1000 platinums. I believe there were similar numbers on the first cruises for the Royal.

I thought Princess did a great job of adjusting for the large number of Elites. On tender days, they could not have hundreds of Elites heading down to the tender boarding area. So they gave out tickets to the Elites in a separate room from the other passengers and boarded us from there. Worked very well.

Our cruise was a b2b2b, so most of the elites would be getting three minibar setups. Towards the end of the first and second leg, we got a form that explained our choices and asked us to mark our selection on the form and return it. This eliminated the need to call room service to switch all the beverages.

Our cruise was a b2b2b, so most of the elites would be getting three minibar setups. Towards the end of the first and second leg, we got a form that explained our choices and asked us to mark our selection on the form and return it. This eliminated the need to call room service to switch all the beverages.

What a great idea. Hopefully this will be offered on our upcoming btb. Now if only they'd offer a greater variety to choose from.

What a great idea. Hopefully this will be offered on our upcoming btb. Now if only they'd offer a greater variety to choose from.

I thought it was a great idea too. I included a complement about it at the end of the cruise. We did another b2b in October and did not get the mini-bar form, so had to swap.

The website is still promising the upgraded bathroom amenities: "Regardless of your stateroom type, your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities normally reserved only for Suite guests."

We're still one cruise away from attaining Elite status.

The website is still promising the upgraded bathroom amenities: "Regardless of your stateroom type, your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities normally reserved only for Suite guests."

We're still one cruise away from attaining Elite status.

I believe that phrase refers to the gel eye mask, scrubber, "Linen Mist", shower cap and nail file.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you check this flyer detailing suite amenities, you'll see that the luxury towels and bathrobes are listed separately from the upgraded bathroom amenities.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

I don't believe elites were ever entitled to the plush bathrobes but, good for everyone who was able to get them when not in a full suite. I have well over 20 cruises as an elite on Princess (that's practically a "newbie" on these boards!) and have never received the upgraded bathrobe. I have gotten the upgraded bathroom amenities but have had to ask for them. When I have asked the steward about the plush bathrobes, I've also been told that they are for full suites only.

That depends on the cruise. Last January on the Grand Princess there were over 1000 Elites and nearly 1000 platinums. I believe there were similar numbers on the first cruises for the Royal.

I thought Princess did a great job of adjusting for the large number of Elites. On tender days, they could not have hundreds of Elites heading down to the tender boarding area. So they gave out tickets to the Elites in a separate room from the other passengers and boarded us from there. Worked very well.

Princess could certainly save themselves some confusion of changing out minibar setups by going back and reinstating on your profile of what you wish for a bar setup much like they had some years ago. At least this would help with the majority of changes.

If you check this flyer detailing suite amenities, you'll see that the luxury towels and bathrobes are listed separately from the upgraded bathroom amenities.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

I don't believe elites were ever entitled to the plush bathrobes but, good for everyone who was able to get them when not in a full suite. I have well over 20 cruises as an elite on Princess (that's practically a "newbie" on these boards!) and have never received the upgraded bathrobe. I have gotten the upgraded bathroom amenities but have had to ask for them. When I have asked the steward about the plush bathrobes, I've also been told that they are for full suites only.

That flyer is for suite benefits.

The Elite benefit page

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/eliteMemberShipBenefits.jsp

lists this

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

Regardless of your stateroom type, your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities normally reserved only for Suite guests.

Edited by chamima

That flyer is for suite benefits.

The Elite benefit page

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/eliteMemberShipBenefits.jsp

lists this

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

Regardless of your stateroom type, your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities normally reserved only for Suite guests.

Yes, I'm aware I posted a link to a flyer on suite benefits. I was attempting to point out that upgraded bathrobes were listed separately and not as part of the upgraded bathroom amenities which elites are also entitled to. Therefore, it appears, to me, that elites do not have plush, suite style bathrobes as one of their perks.

... upgraded bathrobes were listed separately and not as part of the upgraded bathroom amenities which elites are also entitled to. Therefore, it appears, to me, that elites do not have plush, suite style bathrobes as one of their perks.

Yep.

Unlike the gel mask etc. placed in the bathroom, robes are placed in the closet. They could be termed closet amenities along with shoe polisher and sewing kit :D

After reading the posts we are at a loss to figure what Elite perks are, have been or are being eroded. We certainly haven't noticed a loss of anything over the past few years.

When we are in a full suite we always have plush robes. When we are not we have the lighter robes. That is as it always has been -- at least to our experience.

Apparently misuse of unlimited internet led to a change to set minutes quite a while ago. We find that even with the "limitation" we have never used up both of our allotted internet minutes.

Our only quibble is that if there is one Elite in a cabin that person gets a mini-bar set up. If there are two Elites in the cabin -- voila- there is no second mini bar set up for that person. Hey that ain't fair.

There has been (at least thus far) no change in the two main perks: free laundry and mini-bar set up (times 2 in a full suite).

P&J

Viva l'Elite Perks

Princess could certainly save themselves some confusion of changing out minibar setups by going back and reinstating on your profile of what you wish for a bar setup much like they had some years ago. At least this would help with the majority of changes.

Why do you think this would work when we ALWAYS request twin bed setup and more often find we have a double and the steward has to change it They do not bother to pass on the requests on embarkation day as they are busy

After reading the posts we are at a loss to figure what Elite perks are, have been or are being eroded. We certainly haven't noticed a loss of anything over the past few years.

P&J

Viva l'Elite Perks

The $2.99 drinks in the Elite lounge are now $5, also its real hard to find space in that overcrowded place, we were just on Ruby and there were over 900 Platinums eager to use it and 200 or so Elite who were crowded out, it was just too busy in Skywalkers.