elite breakfast

stereo

On our next cruise my spouse and I will have elite status--I can not find a menu stating what food is offered at the elite breakfast--could you please tell me if eggs oatmeal etc. is offered or is it iust coffee fruit etc.--is it a buffet or sit down and waiter service---thanks

On our next cruise my spouse and I will have elite status--I can not find a menu stating what food is offered at the elite breakfast--could you please tell me if eggs oatmeal etc. is offered or is it iust coffee fruit etc.--is it a buffet or sit down and waiter service---thanks

It is basically a continental breakfast buffet with a small selection of cocktails such as bloody marys, mimosas, etc.

No eggs, oatmeal ect. Its fruit, danish, little bagels, cold cuts, cheese, yogurt, fresh juice, all self service. Its a lovely presentation but by no means a full breakfast. The waiter does come around and take your drink order and will clear the table.

Besides fresh juice you can order bloddy marys, mimosa, sparkling wine, espresso, Cappuccino and regular coffee.

Its very relaxing no pushing or shoving like the buffet.

Norma

The term elite breakfast is used only here on Cruise Critic. On the ship it is called the Captains Club Coffee Break.

They have a continental breakfast there but not a full breakfast and the only hot item is the coffee and sometimes toast.

Typically they have mini bagels, cream cheese, lox, breakfast pastries including Danish and croissants, fruit and yogurt. Sometimes they also have cereal and toast and a few other items but there is no set menu and the selection, beyond the items mentioned in the prior sentence, varies a bit from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

If you want a good full breakfast then head to the dining room, buffet, or call room service.

Edited by Lsimon

It is basically a continental breakfast buffet with a small selection of cocktails such as bloody marys,mimosas, etc.

No waffles? I'm not going!

(They probably wouldn't let me in anyhow). :D

We typically go to breakfast elsewhere then stop by for coffee, and maybe something sweet, afterwards. The coffees are quite good.

Tom

The term elite breakfast is used only here on Cruise Critic. On the ship it is called the Captains Club Coffee Break.

They have a continental breakfast there but not a full breakfast and the only hot item is the coffee and sometimes toast.

Typically they have mini bagels, cream cheese, lox, breakfast pastries including Danish and croissants, fruit and yogurt. Sometimes they also have cereal and toast and a few other items but there is no set menu and the selection, beyond the items mentioned in the prior sentence, varies a bit from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

If you want a good full breakfast then head to the dining room, buffet, or call room service.

Better than all of the aforesaid is Blu.

We seldom go to the Elite breakfast, not many choices, its mainly there to make you feel special.

J.

If you want to brave the buffet, finding seats, etc, you're right...but it's a nice quiet place to have a light breakfast. I know, eating a light breakfast is a terrible thought....forgive me.

On a previous thread someone had posted the proper protocol for meals on Celebrity ships.

As I recall, one should attend the elite breakfast (aka Captains Club Coffee Break) following the early morning wakeup room service breakfast and breakfast in Blu (if appropriate), either preceding or following the obligatory stop at the waffle station to get the famous Celebrity waffles hot off the griddle with your favorite toppings. Then the traditional breakfast in the main dining room follows, preceding the late morning breakfast at the buffet.

After that pre-lunch brunch begins, but it is a topic best reserved for another thread.

It is very important to schedule your morning wakeup room service breakfast early enough each day to allow sufficient time to fit them all in because the late morning buffet breakfast is scheduled to close at 11:30, although sometimes you can get lucky and still have your last breakfast of the day there after that time.

Try not to get them out of order, but if you should occasionally miss one you should do your best to make up for it by doubling up the next day to avoid disappointing the staff who work so hard to prepare all that food for you.

We seldom go to the Elite breakfast, not many choices, its mainly there to make you feel special.

J.

We dine there each morning if there is no conflict with an early shore excursion. Fruits, juices, pastries, salmon and many coffee options are plenty for us. Also, we rarely pass on a Bloody Mary, Mimosa, etc. The views are great, the pace is relaxed and never crowded. Can't wait until our April cruise on the Eclipse.

You can also get some orange juice and vodka (screwdriver) at the Elite breakfast.

You can also get "busted" for trying to take food out of the Elite breakfast. I saw that on the Reflection. Can you believe that!

You can also get some orange juice and vodka (screwdriver) at the Elite breakfast.

Thanks for the info about vodka with oj. It is a breakfast favorite of mine. We try to get to the event about 9am after having breakfast in Blu or the Buffet. Have some drinks or two. Richard

The Elite breakfast is nice--particularly the fresh squeezed OJ and specialty coffee. There are also smoothies and other continental breakfast items. It seems to be the only place to get fresh berries. It also has delicious almond croissants which are only also at Cafe al Bacio. I do wish there would be a hot dish or too each day or at least oatmeal and then it would be really perfect. People should realize it is basically self-service except for the drinks. On RCC Explorer, Diamonds had a separate part of the dining room and we were able to order off the regular hot breakfast menu and were served which was a really, really nice way to start the day.

On a previous thread someone had posted the proper protocol for meals on Celebrity ships.

As I recall, one should attend the elite breakfast (aka Captains Club Coffee Break) following the early morning wakeup room service breakfast and breakfast in Blu (if appropriate), either preceding or following the obligatory stop at the waffle station to get the famous Celebrity waffles hot off the griddle with your favorite toppings. Then the traditional breakfast in the main dining room follows, preceding the late morning breakfast at the buffet.

After that pre-lunch brunch begins, but it is a topic best reserved for another thread.

It is very important to schedule your morning wakeup room service breakfast early enough each day to allow sufficient time to fit them all in because the late morning buffet breakfast is scheduled to close at 11:30, although sometimes you can get lucky and still have your last breakfast of the day there after that time.

Try not to get them out of order, but if you should occasionally miss one you should do your best to make up for it by doubling up the next day to avoid disappointing the staff who work so hard to prepare all that food for you.

I know you're kidding, at least, I think you're kidding, but what you describe is pretty much what I do. Get my poached eggs in Blu, mosey over to Elite and have a mimosa and a bit more to eat, and then wind up in the buffet primarily to get something for the Queen who waits in the stateroom but also to grab something for myself, as Royalty doesn't like to dine alone! I don't eat a lot in any one place but I do make the rounds.

Breakfast is the one meal which makes me feel I am on vacation.