Oasis Solarium?

What is the solarium like on the Oasis? Is it open as to where you are able to get some sun? Quiet? Are there plenty of loungers and is it normally crowded? I'd love to see some pics! Thanks!

It is gorgeous and very big. It have plenty of loungers, on our cruise you could almost always find chairs in the solarium. Maybe not overlooking the water, but you almost always have an ocean view wherever you are in the solarium.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it has a partially opened glass covering. I don't know how to explain it, but yes, you can get some sun in there.

Google image "Oasis of the Seas Solarium".

What is the solarium like on the Oasis? Is it open as to where you are able to get some sun? Quiet? Are there plenty of loungers and is it normally crowded? I'd love to see some pics! Thanks!

I have pictures I will post when I get home.

I went on Oasis in June so maybe that had a lot of bearing on my point of view but the Solarium was always jam packed. The pool, which is a disgrace of a pool actually, was always filled to the brim with people. But since you don't have yelling and screaming kids it's not too loud. But the younger aged people, much like myself lol, can get a little loud without intent.

If you were lucky enough to get a lounger, there is plenty of area of lay out in the sun. Something to keep in mind is the Solarium is covered in glass by three difference glass sections so it can get rather hot in there during summer cruising. Even with the windows open allowing air to move through.

On the flip side though, in the evening and night time it is very quaint and relaxing. There's always chairs together and plenty of room in the pool or hot tubs.

But as I said, maybe the summer cruising is part of the reason why I found the solarium somewhat unpleasant. The winter months may be a polar opposite.

Edited by G85 SS

Actually not a fan, really. Probably going against the grain here but I found it too hot and crowded and the pool is very small. *shrug* I prefer the solariums on the other classes of ships in the fleet, just saying. :)

I had a similar feeling, not comfortable at all. The pool is like a large hot tub.

Actually not a fan, really. Probably going against the grain here but I found it too hot and crowded and the pool is very small. *shrug* I prefer the solariums on the other classes of ships in the fleet, just saying. :)

I had a similar feeling, not comfortable at all. The pool is like a large hot tub.

Glad I am not the only one who feels this way.

I agree.

Its only redeeming feature is its proximity to the Solarium Bistro. :)

I'm really surprised to read so many people don't like it. Most people on the ship seemed to love it and I don't think you can beat the views.

We always laid out on the upper decks near the pool most of the day and went and relaxed in the solarium and had a couple long islands around 3-4. I didn't think it was any hotter than being outside... But then I expect outdoors to be hot in the Caribbean!

Never been on Oasis but I always wondered why the pool was so small for such a large ship. Kinda off topic but how are loungers on the main pool deck?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The same as any other pool deck you would expect.

The solarium loungers are nice due to the nice foam cushion they have. And the "clamshell" loungers are nice too.

But again, even though Oasis has as many pools as it does, you better get there early if you want to be poolside during the daytime. If not, seats are hard to come by. Whether it's main pool, H2O zone or Solarium.

I just go at night after dinner and a show. :D

I wasn't impressed with the solarium either for the various reasons other posters have mentioned.

However, the fruit salad at the solarium bistro is absolutely the best on board the ship. It includes stuff like strawberries and blueberries. Yum!

Never been on Oasis but I always wondered why the pool was so small for such a large ship. Kinda off topic but how are loungers on the main pool deck?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you're talking about volume, the main deck pool has TONS of chairs. Of course the most popular chairs are the ones close to the pool. In the solarium, the heavily demanded chairs are the ones in the shade. When you get there, you'll see what I'm talking about. There are tons of people lounging around who are either reading books, people watching or are dead asleep.

Edited by Erik101

Are chair hogs a problem in the solarium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the location. The chairs closest to the pools and the ones in the shade are always taken. Otherwise, you won't have a problem finding a chair.

My husband and I also don't care for the Oasis class solarium. There is little air circulation and the abundance of glass makes it very glary and very hot. We do love the Solarium Bistro though. We much prefer the Solariums on the smaller ships.

When the engineers were designing the Solarium they were probably worried about there being too much wind as it is located forward on the upper decks. I think they did too good a job limiting the wind to where there is almost none at all. When I went there I usually settled on the uppermost deck (same as the bar:)) and sat in the standard cushioned seats (not loungers) in the shade where there was some breeze.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. Love the solarium on other ships but not Oasis or Allure. The glass roof makes it terribly hot

When the engineers were designing the Solarium they were probably worried about there being too much wind as it is located forward on the upper decks. I think they did too good a job limiting the wind to where there is almost none at all. When I went there I usually settled on the uppermost deck (same as the bar:)) and sat in the standard cushioned seats (not loungers) in the shade where there was some breeze.

I agree that it's seems a little cooler on the upper deck and I have enjoyed the bar their but if I'm on a lounger it has to be out in the open. The wife loves it in their so we tend to go separate ways on sea days.