MS Westerdam-Sail-Away, Jan. 25, 2014

aliaschief

Lived up to our expectations - maybe even more! Still tooting - anyone counting?

trying to - but it's tough with the short toots - and she is still going.

The most I could count was around 115 - but I think there were more than that :p

What a show - hope we get the same one is April, 2015:)

HAL should start an auction...

Would you like to toot the toots? Highest bidder gets to do it as you sail out on the most awesome Westerdam. :)

The person doing the toots today.... all I can say ...is..... WOW!

Whew.... thought the tooter was stuck for a bit there. LOL

No other ship can touch the Westerdam...and her tooter. ;)

Just back from our Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. Heard about 2 mild toots, apparently the last of an impressive show.

Now trying to catch up on events at our local mall. I had breakfast there and left about 2 hours before the chaos. The last of our group left about 45 minutes ahead of time.

Roy

Just back from our Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. Heard about 2 mild toots, apparently the last of an impressive show.

Now trying to catch up on events at our local mall. I had breakfast there and left about 2 hours before the chaos. The last of our group left about 45 minutes ahead of time.

Roy

Wow that was something....glad you were out of there!

Roy

Roy, I heard about the mall shooting...is that close to you? So sad to hear about this.

One day a lot of us will be on board to hear the tooting! Maybe we'll need earplugs....:)

We can only hope - the last time we were on our Captain had left and she barely did three toots. :( Hopefully she is still the Queen of Horns when we board next year:D

Roy

Glad you are safe Roy and thoughts and prayers for your community.

Anything else will be an anti-climax, so I am heading out into the garden to work in the sunshine. And off to the gym later.... got to lose that weight before my cruise.:( See you all next time.

Have a great day outside and I wish I was as good as you in going to the gym!

Good afternoon from the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas...the Carrie B. paddleboat just went by our hotel window on the River. LOVE this hotel.

We drive by the port and I could see all the ships from the 17th Street Bridge. I remarked to DH, "there's the Tooting Champ" and I think he thought I was nuts ! We've had a busy day so I'll be watching it from my netbook in our hotel room...same as you! Maybe tomorrow we'll drive down to see Eurodam and NA.

Edited by innlady1

Roy

horrible. glad you are safe Roy :D

That will be it for me today, are we on for tomorrow?

One day I have to sail the Westie with a Toot-master. I cannot make the Sail-Away cruise. This is the one year that I can NOT miss a function of an organization I belong to as it will be our 40th anniversary. Any year for a X5 year I could do it. Durn.